~*Xavier Mansion*~

Ororo Munroe leaned against the white wooden railing of the mansions small horse pasture. She found it funny how just Roxanne rode and so in her arrival a pasture, arena, and barn were built. Roxanne had arrived just a few weeks ago, and Ororo already liked the young, spirited girl. One of Roxanne’s four horses came walking up to Ororo and she stroked it’s soft, grey face. “That’s Luna” said Roxanne, coming up behind her. Ororo jumped a little, but continued stroking the horses face. Roxanne reminded Ororo of Logan; she could come up behind you without making a single sound. “Have you ridden before?” asked Roxanne. “A few times, long ago” smiled Ororo. She thought back to her days in Africa. She had ridden a few horses across the plains, and once or twice through the market ways. “Want to ride her?” asked Roxanne. “She is super gentle, nothing bugs her”. “Sure, why not!” said Ororo “it will take my mind away from all the papers I have to grade”. And with that Roxanne clipped on Luna’s halter and together the three of them walked to the barn to tack her up.



After Roxanne showed Ororo how to use the reins and leg yield the right way, she went back inside to finish her English homework. Ororo sat in the bulky western saddle, her long white hair flowing in the wind. As Ororo looked down at the mares head, she saw that her ears were pricked towards the side of the arena. Ororo looked to the side and saw Logan standing there, wearing his usual jeans and white t-shirt, his black Stetson cowboy hat on his head. “Never knew you rode” he called across the arena. “I really don’t” Ororo replied back. Logan chuckled and ducked under one of the fence rails and came over to where she and Luna were standing. “So Roxanne got ya ta ride one of her horses, huh? Nice horses they are” he said, looking at Luna’s fit body. “Don’t know what to do with it though” said Ororo, a childish grin on her face. “Here, let me show ya. Step off”. Ororo jumped off Luna and stepped back. Logan went up to the horse and easily hopped into the saddle. “You gotta run ‘er around, let her stretch her legs. She seems like one that likes to run.” Logan gave the mare a soft squeeze and they trotted off. After a lap or two of trotting, he kicked her into an even canter. Ororo admired how well Logan fit the horse. He looked like a real cowboy with his black Stetson on. He walked Luna back over to where she was standing and jumped off. “Why don’t ya go for a ride with me darlin’? I’m sure Roxy won’t mind me taking Mikey” Logan said. “That would be nice. A short one though. I still have papers to grade” said Ororo. They walked to the small pasture and Logan took out Mikey, the small buckskin Quarter Horse. He soon had him tacked up, and together he and ‘Ro rode their trusty steeds into the sunset. “Ya know ‘Ro, you and I have ta hang out more often” Logan said, a handsome grin on his face. Ororo just smiled back, thinking that this horse ride would change what she and Logan had into the start of something new. Ororo’s short ride turned into a two hour one, she and Logan chatting the whole way through. All her stress of running the school seemed to blow away. Was the storm breaking for the beast?





You must login () to review.