After spending a night in the infirmary, Hank cleared Scott. The young man easily found his way to the kitchen to join everyone for breakfast. It was a Saturday and still way early for any of the students to be awake.

In kitchen, he came upon Ororo sitting at the table with a steaming cup of coffee. Deciding to join her, he poured himself a cup and settled across from her. She smiled wide acknowledging his presence. They sat that way, in comfortable silence, for a good ten minutes before Scott’s curiosity got the best of him.

Ever since finding out about Ororo and Logan’s engagement, he couldn’t really think of anything else. He supposed apart of that had to do with his over protective big brother role, another part of him kind of knew it was to keep his mind off of Jean.

“So. You’re engaged. To Logan.” Scott said.

“So I am aware.” The windrider chuckled.

“Now, I have been thinking. There can only be one reason you two are together.” Scott let his statement hang there before getting on with it. “You’re pregnant.” He teased.

“Scott!” She chided. “I am not pregnant!”

“Okay, okay. Well, how did you two end up together?”

“Well,” Ororo started, “It happened rather quickly…”

FLASHBACK
Flaming cars were being thrown through the dark night sky. The team was finally able to get together. She was right next to Logan. After going through hell and back, they finally understood and respected one another.

“We work as a team.” Logan stated.

“Best defense is a good offense.” Storm replied.

At that, Logan smirked and stared into her deep blue eyes. He knew right there at that moment, he cared for the beauty in front of him more than he had been aware of. She was intelligent, witty, and had a great heart. With all of those remarkable traits, she still held a sense of mystery to her. Logan couldn’t help but want to get to know more about her. He could tell by looking in her eyes that he truly loved her.

She held the stare he was giving her. She was one of few people able to not shy away from it. His gaze gave her sense of comfort. His eyes said everything she needed to know. He was giving her reassurance and strength. Strength and reassurance; something one would not expect from the Wolverine. Now, she was finally able to pin point how she felt about Logan. She loved him.

END FLASHBACK


Ororo told Scott of how she and Logan realized how they felt for one another. She soon told him of the wonderful late night conversations, lunch together in her classroom, and walks in the gardens. She told him stories of humor and anger.

Ororo even shocked Scott by telling him about the little romantic things Logan has done for her. She would occasionally find sweet little notes written in her lesson book, sometimes she would receive a beautiful arrangement of flowers, and of course there were the times when he would just surprise her with a night of her favorite movies.

“Wow. I never would have pegged Logan as the romantic type. Which makes me wonder, how did he propose?” Scott asked.


FLASHBACK
“So you see class, there was no such thing as an average fighter pilot in the second world war. You were either an ace or a target.” Ororo stated.

Just as she was finishing up her history lecture for the day, there was a knock at the door. Ororo turned her head to the open door to find Logan propped up against the door frame with a handsome grin.

“Afternoon, darlin’.”

He straightened up and proceeded in her direction
.
“Hello Logan.” She said quite confused. “Is there something you need,I’m ““

He cut her off with a kiss. She tried to protest but melted in his arms at his touch. This really annoyed her. She hated that he had that affect on her, but she hated it even more because she secretly liked it. When they broke from their short, innocent kiss, Ororo was ready to kick him out of her classroom, but before she could take action he started talking.

“Ro, you mean the world ta me. I can never get enough of you. What I feel for you, isn’t something I can even put in ta words. There are none that can describe it. You complete me. You fill that space that was missing.” Logan declared.

He motioned for her to look to her left with his head. There she saw some of the younger students each holding a letter that spelled out “Marry Me?” She quickly turned in search of Logan’s face. By the time she turned he was down on one knee with a little velvet box in his hand. Ororo was in shock and held her hands at her heart.

“What do ya say?” He said with that sly grin.

“Oh my god. Yes, Logan!” She gasped.

He quickly slid the ring on her finger and embraced her. The whole classroom roared in applause. Logan couldn’t wipe the smile from his face, one that Ororo mirrored. When they broke apart, Logan noticed her tears of joy. Ororo playfully punched his arm.

“I go all out and plan this shindig and you go and punch me?”He teased. “What was that for?”

“That my dear, was for making me cry in front of my students.”

He leaned in for another kiss. As their lips met they both ended up in smiles.

END FLASHBACK


She told him of that day exactly how it played out. After telling it, Scott noticed how she couldn’t stop smiling her beautiful smile.

“He really makes you happy, doesn’t he?” Scott implied.

“Yes, Scott. He truly does.”





You must login () to review.