“From what I can tell, Scott should make a full recovery. No physical harm done, he’s a little on the undernourished side, but that’s nothing we can’t fix.” Beast said to Ororo and Logan.

“I can’t believe it. Scooter is alive after all. Where’d he get the shades? I found the ones he was wearin’ that day when we found Jean.’

“Logan, you know Scott. He probably had an extra pair with him.” Ororo assured him.

“Yeah, he is quite the worry wart if ya ask me.” Logan grunted.

“Logan!” Storm scowled him. “Must you? Now please, go make sure all the children are back in their rooms.”

Without much hesitation Logan did as he was told leaving Ororo and Hank alone with Scott. The two were so caught up in their discussion about how the possibilities of what had happened to Scott that they almost didn’t notice him slowly wake up.
…………

Scott slowly lifted his head and took in his surroundings. Home. He made it. After all this time he was back where he belonged. Well, in the infirmary, but still, it was home. It didn’t take him long to spot his long time friend, more like sister, and his big blue pal on the other side of the room. Before he could flinch his eyes met her ocean eyes.

She and Hank immediately rushed over to his side. Hank instantly started to check his vitals before he even dare let Ororo take a peak. After he gave the clear, she took over. Ororo sat on the side of his bed, still in shock, and pondered. She wasn’t sure what to think of this.


What do I tell him? About the professor? Jean? How do I fill him in on that he has missed? What has he gone through? Is he still the Scott I know and love? Is he---


“I’ll leave you two alone.” Hank interrupted her train of thought.

Ororo acknowledged what he has said with a smile and a small nod of her head. She watched him leave the room.

Once Hank had left the lab, Ororo turned her gaze back to Scott. She smiled warmly before she spoke, a favor that he returned.

“You really gave us quite the scare.” She stated.

“So I’ve figured.”

“How?” Was the only thing she could think to say.

“Honestly, I don’t really know. As for what happened, I am also unsure. I took my bike to Alkali and then she appeared.” He had to clear the lump in his throat before he continued. “She came back to me. Except, it wasn’t really Jean.”

He wanted to say more, but that was all he managed to choke out. Feeling the desperate need to change the subject Ororo decided to try a different matter.

“Well, during your, um, leave of absence,” she decided on her choice words rather carefully, “A lot has changed around here.”

She placed her hand on top his in a comforting way. Scott glanced down and noticed the beautiful ring on her finger. It was white gold and had a princess cut diamond the size of Massachusetts set between two tiny, yet breathe taking sapphires that matched her eyes.

“Whoa, I can see that. Now, about that rock on your hand. Either you have decided to treat yourself to a gift or someone popped the question?” Scott said, a little uncertain of what to think.

She smiled even wider, her eyes lighting up at the thought. Scott took that as an answer.

“I see. Now, who is the lucky guy and whose ass do I have to kick?”

Before Ororo could answer Logan cam strolling in.

“Where’s the furball? Logan grunted.

Ororo rolled her eyes at Logan and looked back at Scott.

“My prince charming.” She gestured towards Logan.

Scott’s mouth dropped that instant. Never had he expected the goddess and the feral to get together, let alone get married. They were polar opposites. While Scott sat in utter shock, Logan strode across the room to stand by his fiancée’s side.

“What’s tha matter One-eye? Cat got yer tongue?” He chuckled.

“Logan!” Ororo, playfully punched him.

“Ro, look at the man. He looks like he’s seen a ghost or somethin’. How can I not?”

Once again before Ororo could answer she was cut off.

“You and him. Him and you. Ororo and Logan?” Scott motioned between the two,”You have GOT to be kidding me. Is this some kind of joke?”

After a few moments of silence and some glances back and forth Scott relaxed as he let the realization set it.

“Wow. You two are serious about this. I never would have placed that one.” He said.





You must login () to review.