He slid out from the bed and stretched out before pulling his snug fitting jeans back on. Sunlight filtered in from the large mansion windows of the suite Jean had been given as a consolation prize after Ororo had been given the attic turned swank apartment. He loped across the rose red carpet and grabbed his fitted white t-shirt from the ground before grabbing his boots and heading to a plush chair near the bed. Jean let out a low groan as she rolled over. Her red locks slid over her shoulder like a gentle lovers caress before her eyes fluttered open and locked in on him as he tied the strings of one of his boots.

Jean: Where are you going? Scott won't be back till tonight.

Logan: Out.

Jean: That's not a real answer James.

He settled a heavy glare upon her and couldn't keep a low growl from bubbling up.

Logan: Don't go there with me Red.

Jean: What? I'm just calling you by your name.

Logan: That name hasn't belonged to me since I was a kid and even if it did you wouldn't be welcome tah callin me by it.

Jean: I don't understand. I wake up and you’re leaving and you won't tell me where you're going and then you yell at me for calling you by name?!

Logan: I aint yellin Red. I'm just tellin you not to call me by that name and to mind your own fuckin business about where I am.

As he hisses this out at her he finishes tying his other boot and yanks on his t-shirt.

Jean: What's your problem?! What do you mean I should "mind my own business"?!

Logan: Forget it. Just forget it.

He says this as he walks out of her room. By then she's sitting up in bed and her green eyes are glaring at his back.

Jean: Logan. Logan? Logan!!!

The door slams behind him with a will not it's own. He grunts as he continues down the hall till he reaches the steps that lead up to the third floor. He jogs up the steps and then down the hall and up the steps that lead to Ororo's room. He didn't bother to knock as he pushed the door open and closed it behind him before loping farther into her room.

After she'd ended their brief IM session she'd decided to take a shower to relax her muscles and wake yer self all the way up. She didn’t deny that Logan turned her on. Oh no. She'd stopped pretending about three seconds after she remembered his heightened senses. The nights when nightmares of his adimantium graphting wouldn't leave him he’d come to her and seek solace in her bed. She'd often rub his back and whisper into his ear in her native tongue sweet things. The nightmares would leave him and he'd sleep with her back to his chest, one arm holding her to him, and a leg slung over hers. Though she didn’t like the circumstances she loved the feeling of his naked form clinging to hers.

They'd nearly had sex a week ago and it was killing her, not having a way other than herself to find release. She tried to push back the memory of his flesh damp with sweat against hers as he shook with desire and restraint as he laid atop her after a half naked tickle match that had resulted after he suspected her of cheating in a hand of strip poker. She'd looked up at him through her lashes before grasping the back of his head and kissing him with a taste of the passion she often pushed into the back of her mind. He'd moaned into her mouth and bucked his hips against hers slow and rough. When they came up for air from the lust filled kiss neither could seem to make eye contact with the other. They'd disengaged from each other and ended their game. She snapped out of her remembering as she heard a faint slam.

She noticed that the water had begun to cool and decided that she'd been in long enough. She stepped out and dried herself before slathering her hair with a bit of leave in conditioner and rapping it in a towel. She quickly rubbed herself down with coco butter before slipping on some boy shorts and one of Logan's old "Mutant High" sweatshirts. Since she was so much taller than him when she lifted her arms to unwrap her now curly locks her mid drift peeked out from the shirt. Just as she picked up her brush with teeth like that of a comb Logan sauntered into her room in yesterday outfit looking just as sexy in them as he had the day before.

Ororo: Ayyyyye! What's the matter with you?

Logan: Some bullshit with Red.

She knew from the way he said it that, that was all he was going to say on the subject.

Ororo: I told you bout messin wit dem white girls. What you need is some o' this right herrrr. A little chocolate for yo troubles!

She said it in her best LA ghetto girl accent and she counted down from three in her head until he roared with laughter. She smiled at him as he gave her a small thank you smile for not pressing him for more info about his argument with Jean.

[2 hrs later]

They sat the Blackbird down in a clearing about half a mile away from where they'd seen the signs of a wreck. Together they descended down the exit bay with Storm taking to the sky to do an aerial scout as Logan prowled silently below her through the forest. As they came upon the wreck site Ororo swooped down to Logan's side. They both looked on in confusion as an exact copy of their Blackbird sat in front of them smoldering with one wing gone and extensive damage to the hull of the plane.

Logan: What the fuck?. . .

Ororo did not speak as she sent the mental image of what they were seeing through her mental shields to the professor.

Ororo: I think we should search for survivors.

Without another word they walked forward toward the totaled ship. Logan jumped up with both claws extended and tore into the hull of the jet cutting a square chunk from it. Ororo then flew up into the ship and on a gust of wind pulled Logan up with her. Inside the jet was dark.

Logan: We got survivors here Ro. *sniff* I'm counting 8 in here and 2
outside.

She cupped her hands together for a moment and when she opened them
a ball of blue-white lightning illuminated her before she reared it back and pushed it into the wall beside her. The lights of the jet shot on and the figures within were brought onto the light.

Logan: Oh-
Ororo: -shit!





You must login () to review.