Early the next morning Charles called a meeting between himself Winter, Logan and Ororo. When all had arrived steaming cups of coffee in hand Logan growled at Charles.

“Chuck couldn’t you have waited until at least seven.”

Charles glanced at his watch, it was five thirty. He shrugged.

“Good practice for you Logan, good practice. Winter would you please begin the briefing?”

Winter’s eyes met his and flickered gently.

“Of course Charles. The game plan is simple. Logan we are going to be implanting you in a major company, it’s a company that studies the abnormal. IN particular the continued mutations of the mutant DNA chromosome. They work specifically on that gene. I believe that is where my research will be utilized the most. Logan we are implanting you as a top executive of this company.” She tossed him a large file which landed in his lap. “I expect you to have this memorized in four days, specifically by Monday when you start work. Ororo you will be staying ‘at home’ specifically working towards being a spy, you will be the intelligence gatherer during the day, helping Logan as much as he needs it by having access on your laptop to all of the company files. Hard ass to get that clearance to.”

Logan interrupted at this point.

“You are running a sting lady?”

Winter laughed.

“Yes Logan that’s exactly what we are doing. We are running a sting to bankrupt the company, to show its research to be faulty, and both of you will be keeping very close tabs with Charles and I though you will not be seen normally with us. Logan you’re going to need to reign in your temper the moment your claws pop out in public is the moment you’re fired and the moment that our cover is blown. You need to remain calm collected and faithful. In your packets..” She threw two large packets towards each one of them. “You will find various objects. First an ear piece, all of us will have an ear piece. Logan you run into trouble don’t understand something let me know and I or Ororo or Charles will give you and answers. ON that note the three of us are going to have to be very attuned to Logan’s needs. We will need to respond quickly. However Logan a little time will be nice.” Logan nodded. “ the second object is specific for you Logan, it’s an antibiotic that blocks the metal lacing your body from metal detectors, so you can get through security at the company without a problem. The third object is your wedding rings.” At this point in the briefing both ororo and Logan began to protest.

“Our what you’ve gotta be kiddin me.” Logan sputtered

“Charles this is really unfair you can’t force us to act married.” Ororo said at the same time.

Charles held up his hands to stop both of his mutants. Winter’s eyes met his and both of them looked softly to the floor. Logan’s senses picked up on the change in their demeanor and his lips turned downward into a snarl. Charles turned to Winter and through silent communication she nodded. Charles moved his chair around the desk and to he complete and utter surprise of both of his xmen he pushed the button and his chair opened, he stepped out. Logan felt a strange sense of dejavu as Charles Xavier moved around the chair and leaned against his desk.

“Chuck you can walk?”

Charles sighed.

“This is where it gets complicated. I need you to listen and listen well. Let me start with a few unanswered questions. Yes we have been here before. Yes, you have both seen me walk before and yes the sensation of dejavu is to be trusted. For the last forty five years the four of us specifically have been caught in an inter-dimensional time loop, a gift from the phoenix. When Jean was co-inhabiting in her own body with the Phoenix and the exchange of power happened a small time rift was created. The only four people it affected was us. Logan, I believe you know the reason for it.”

Logan nodded and his eyes revered to the floor.

“The Phoenix came to me in what I thought was a dream and seduced me. A man can only handle so much and apparently we had sex, in doing that it created my attraction for Jeanie.” Charles nodded an interrupted.

“Logan came to me with this dream out of concern for the rest of the team and for what had happened, I entered into his mind attempting to remedy the situation and figure out what the Phoenix was up to.” His jaw ticked. “ The Phoenix was an organism that took from a host what it needed to survive. From Jean it took and enhanced the power she had to meet its own needs, from Logan it took a sample of his emotions and created in him an emotional need for Jean, with whom it was cohabitating and only Logan’s animal could meet its sexual needs, from me I took a sample of my mind, from Peter it took a sample of his DNA, and from Moira it took another emotional love which ultimately claimed her life.”

Winter put a hand on her husband’s shoulder as he fought the tears Moira Mactaggert had been one of his dearest friends and one who shared his dreams.

“This is where I come in. For my research at the time I was investigating the effects of human males in a particular being particularly insatiable when it came to things of a sexual nature many of them were dying from the orgasms they were having and were harming the women they were with. Originally my research led me to believe that this was the beginning of an emerging mutation and the male chromosome was splitting and therefore causing cells within the body to malfunction and kill them. As I began studying the subjects I began noticing a slight mutation of the male chromosome, during sexual activity, which would ultimately kill them. A power inflection would register at the research academy I worked at, and together the police and I began to track down the cause. I tracked it down to here, which is where we all met. Through Hank, Jeans and Charles help we were able to identify the Phoenix, which making it angry it turned and the incident at Alkali lake happened. The Phoenix attached particularly hard onto Logan and in the incident where Logan killed the Phoenix it used its powers to create this time loop. Nature runs it’s course for fifteen years we live our lives and then time is reversed and we start all over again. We’ve been fighting the battle to get out every fifteen years, none of us age, which makes us wonder if we are really in time at all or if we are in between dimensions. This is the beginning of the fourth cycle. As each cycle continues on one of us remembers what happens, usually Charles and I and we all come back together to start over. The first cycle Charles and I got married, still are married, carried on had a family, and then the loop started over , our children were gone, you were both dead and I woke up one morning to remember that I was married. The glitch the Phoenix didn’t account for is that kind of bond, to where we remember, sometimes we don’t see each other for ten years, but we eventually remember come back together and life goes on. The story we told you was true about the lab, that happened and I ran afraid of what the government would do if they found out. Amongst that body of research I discovered a serum to deflect the memory loss when time reset itself, Charles and I agreed to test it, we have and it’s worked. We’ve had ten years to think about this, and time restarted itself three days ago. I got past the security system because I remembered all the codes, Ororo you didn’t attack me right away because of the Dejavu feeling, the emotions are starting to remember themselves, and I think this time we can break the cycle.”

Logan nodded.

“That’s all good and dandy lady and Chucky but how does that require us to be married?”

Charles smiled.

“The only reason you remember a little bit of this now Logan is because you were married in the last cycle. You and Ororo got married loved one another deeply and then time reset itself.”

“I as in Ireland a week ago you dick I would have known if time ‘reset itself’. This is bullshit.”

“You were in Ireland a week ago because you and Ororo lived there and were there on a mission Logan.” Winter softly said.

“ and the riverdancing?”

“You picked that up to woe your wife more. Damm good at it you are to.” Charles said with a grin.

Logan’s jaw dropped and Ororo had to stifle a giggle.

“I’m a pansy!? I’ll never be a pansy.”

Laughter erupted from Ororo’s mouth at Logan’s look of disbelief. As Logan watched her laugh his own mouth began to twitch with amusement. He loved watching her laugh like that.

“So Chucky back up, my sniffing around Jeanie’s skirts wasn’t real?”

Charles shook his head.

“No it was a by product of the Phoenix’s sex drive.”

Ororo spoke for the first time.

“Why don’t we remember any of this?”

Charles sighed as though he carried a great burden.

“You asked not to at the end of the last cycle, you asked me to reset your memories so you could begin again. So that the distraction wouldn’t be there. You wanted yourselves to make the decisions all over again. SO I reset both of your memories. Oddly when the cycle resets itself we all wake up exactly as we were the morning the time loop began. I know when the cycle resets itself because Loan you come back every fifteen years and tell me about the dream with the phoenix. Jean and Scott’s deaths are still fresh in your minds because they just happened a few weeks ago in reality reality, and yet here they happened over 45 years ago. The only memorys you retain are physical. Logan look at your right arm.” As Logan rolled up his sleeve he found a large scar from his wrist to his elbow and Charles continued. “How did you get that scar do you remember?” Logan shook his head no. “You got it after you went into a burning building to save Ororo.” Pain washed over Charles face as he remembered.

“ Charles if you have the ability to take away our memories why can’t you give them back?”

Charles smiled.

“Doesn’t work that way my friend. I wish I could. The realitities are different every time the cycle resets. Last cycle the burning building was this school.’

“ Why is Peter not affected by this as we are?”

Winter answered that.

“I don’t know. From the research I have gathered none of this was meant to be a cycle. Peter died after the first two weeks of every cycle. I believe the Phoenix meant this to eliminate us all and somehow a glitch was created to where it repeats itself. We believe we can break the cycle its just a matter of figuring out how. The only things Charles and I do not remember is how we have tried to do that each time.”

“so basically we start with a clean slate and don’t know if whatever we did last time worked?”

Winter nodded.

“Pretty much. The one thing we have been building off of each time is the emotional connection each of us have. Logan I was able to kick your butt in the room not only because of my powers, You taught me all those moves. I’ve had forty five years to perfect them.”

Logan chuckled.

“hey you still owe me a rematch woman.” A serious not flickered over Logan’s face. “Look I’m no going to pretend that I don’t understand this, and I want t help, it seems like a cruel eternal life. I’ll consent to be married if Ororo will but only as an act. I have a lot to memorize so if you’ll excuse me.”

Charles nodded.

“You and Ororo leave tomorrow Logan.”

Logan smiled sadly.

“where to Chucky?”

“England, London.”





You must login () to review.