Early the next morning Ororo carried her bag down to the hanger to find Logan waiting near the blackbird, his stuff already loaded and he looked tired. He smiled when she walked up. He took her bags mumbling a wait here as he put her baggage away. A moment later he walked out, his classic leather jacket on his shoulder and his black Stetson on his head. He shuffled from one foot to the other as an awkward moment passed. Reaching out gently he took her hand the one with the wedding ring on it and slipped it off. The reaching into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. When he opened it Ororo gasped. It was the perfect ring. It was a gold ring that had a small sapphire, a small ruby a small emerald and a small diamond embedded in the band. Logan pulled it out of the box and murmered gently.

“Sun, moon, rain and lightning.”

Ororo felt her heart clench, the colors of her country and the symbols of her power. He knew her heart so well.

“Logan this really isn’t necessary.”

Logan laughed.

“Relax. I’m not going to drop to my knee yet woman, we’ll get married if and when we are good and ready not before. If that’s what you want. If we are going to do this we are doing it my way and this silver krap isn’t going to work. If I have a wife I am not going to give her a piece of shit like that.” His fingers deftly pushed the ring onto her finger as Ororo pondered the words he said. When he was done he twisted it around her finger and smiled in satisfaction.“There. Now come on Wifey let’s go.”

“Wifey?”

Logan shrugged.

“hey at least I am not asking for a kiss as a thank you or trying to carry the bride over the threshold.”

Ororo snorted and punched him then letting her eyes white over she used the wind to pick Logan up. Logan growled.

“Hey careful Darlin I have a heavy ass.”

Ororo laughed.

“Allow me to carry the groom over the threshold.”

“lemme down! Lemme down!”

Ororo refused to let him down until he was near the pilot seat where she unceremoniously plopped him down in the pilot seat.

“So Logan have you found us a place to live yet?”

Logan grinned slyly.

“Yeah Darlin.”

Ororo looked at Logan in astonishment.

“Seriously?”

Logan nodded

“Yeah Darlin, scouted the place myself last night.”

“is that why you didn’t sleep?”

Grief filled Logan’s eyes.

“No Darlin just how I spent my time.”

When they reached the apartment in London Ororo found herself amazed. The building itself was gorgeous and somewhat secure. The doorman handed Logan the keys and they headed up the elevator. When they reached the top floor Logan opened the door to the only apartment on the top floor. It was the monarch apartement and covered the whole floor. Ororo walked into an expanse living room and dropping her bags began to explore. It was a very open apartment with a deck that overlooked the London harbor, about three blocks from the beach. Off the deck the sun was setting the rays coloring the dull town. It was breathtaking. The living room wall was covered with a giant flat screen tv an xbox elite and a state of the art sond system all controlled with the push of a button. The living room had two halls that branched off it on the left side. Logan had already gone down one of the halls and deposited their bags. He smiled and led her back.

“sorry darling they only had this model. There is only one bed and his and her offices off on either side of the hall from the bedroom.”
Ororo shook her head and smiled. The two had slept together several times due to Logan’s nightmares and Logan ahd been a constant support of strength when she needed a friend

“Logan we have slept together many times, why do you feel a need to explain. Besides if the company ever gets suspicious they will spy on us and need to see our cover of being married in place“

Logan shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“I dunno I thought that because we were married before I didn’t want you to feel awkward or that I am hoping toget some or anything like that Ro.”

Ororo laughed and walked over and hugged Logan tightly.

“Oh Logan I do not feel awkward, we wanted to have that choice again and I think we will make it when the time comes.”

Logan nodded and hugged her back holding her tightly. When Ororo stepped out of his embrace they walked to the kitchen to find the cupboards empty.

“Logan how can you afford this place?”

Logan laughed.

“different life I have lived darling.”

“Care to explain?”

“I own this joint. When I worked for weapon x I bought this place to have a private life outside of weapons x afraid they would find me and all that. It was when I was running. It’s a nice pad. Figured it would be good for our mission. Here our names are Mr and Mrs Jetson. Oh Look we get to be the Jetson’s!” Ororo laughed as his face held the goofiest smile. “ And plus I know the area real well, why don’t we head down to the store?”

They headed down to the store and Ororo found herself enjoying the simple moments, they talked and laughed as they talked. Ororo walked over to the refrigerated section and Logan smiled when she picked up two six packs. One of his favorite and one of hers. When they reached the checkout the cashier smiled.

“ Sir will you or your wife be paying.”

Logan smiled.

“I got it thanks. My wife don’t pay the bills.”

Ororo felt her heart skip a beat when he said his wife and smiled at her. When they got back to he apartment . When Ororo moved in the kitchen she felt herself brush mistakenly against Logan as they worked together to put the groceries away and to make dinner. She laughed as she started making dinner and he told her stories from his childhood. They made a quick spaghetti dinner and then as Ororo cleaned Logan disappeared. After finishing the dishes Ororo went in search of her ‘husband’. She found him sitting outside on the balcony a far off look in his eyes. Ororo stood in the doorway slightly hidden and watched him. She had an unrestricted view of him, he was leaned forward in a chair, his chin resting in his cupped hands and she also noticed the folder on the arm of the chair. She wondered what he found and watched silently. After around five minutes of observing him Logan spoke.

“You gonna stop checking me out and come join me?”

Ororo chuckeld she should have known that he knew she was there. Stepping out in to the cool London evening Ororo joined him, handing him a beer she took a seat next to him. Pointing to the folder she spoke soflty.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Logan snorted and took a long draw out of his beer bottle.

“Doesn’t say much Darlin’ ‘cept I’m a killer and an all around bad guy.” Ororo watched as his shoulders dropped in defeat. “ I guess in my past I was looking for somethin’ to tell me that I was more than a killer, more than an old man, more than I am.”

Ororo standing softly stepped toward him setting her beer down and moved gently in front of him. Reaching out she lifted his face until his eyes met hers.

“Logan you are so much more than that. You are an incredible man, a good teacher, tenderhearted, loving, protective. You are
more than a killer but you have to let yourself be more than that.” At her words a few tears formed in Logan’s eyes his gravely voice moved to refute her when Ororo gently leaned him back in his chair and kissed him gently. It was a tender sweet kiss and Logan surprised, returned in gently. “You have to let yourself be more Logan.”

He nodded and just held her gently in his lap. They both just sat there watching the landscape before them, in companionable silence.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A week passed, the two becoming closer and better friends, exchanging soft kisses every now and again. Ororo found herself enjoying the silly things that Logan could do and be. She appreciated the way he respected her and just the day to day parts of living together. Logan found himself increasingly enjoying it as well. One night Ororo emerged from the bedroom dressed to kill.
“Where we going darling?”

“Take me out to your favorite place around here husband.”

Logan laughed.

“Baby my favorite joint is a club.”

Ororo grinned.

“take me. I want to see these mad dancing skills you have. “

Logan snorted.

“Allright darling.”

Grabbing his jacket and Stetson off the coat rack he opened the door set his own security system and shoved the keys into his pocket. It was a cold night in London and Ororo found herself attatching to his arm just to keep warm. They walked about three blocks Logan’s senses at this full peak, brought on by Ororo holding tightly to him. About ten minutes later they walked into a club that was pumping with house music Ororo held tightly as Logan pushed through the crowd leading to a table. When they sat down a waiter came up and smiled at Logan.

“Hey Pierre whose the hot lady?”

Logan scowled.

“Johness this is my wife.”

Johness smiled.

“Wow never thought I would see the day that this man would get himself hooked.” Turning to Logan he smiled. “Congrats Pierre.”
Logan nodded.

“Thanks man, give us the house specials and the usual drink for me. Baby what you want?”

Ororo felt her heart flutter, she would never get used to Logan calling her baby.

“GImme a casual bastard.”

The waiter smiled.

“Allright maam. You got it. Bit strong for alittle lady like you ain’t it?”

Ororo growled.

“Wanna bet?”

Logan laughed as Johness backed off.

“Sorry maam.”

Ororo leaned closer to Logan.

“Logan what in the hell are we listening to?”

Logan laughed.

“This is called House music. It’s the sexy version of trance and techno.”

“and you dance to this how?”

Logan laughed.

“Well darling, its more like people grind to this, I’ve seen people pick up on the subbeats and do some weird versions of ballroom. There can be some ‘dancin’ involved but most of the time people are looking to enjoy the music and everything else. Just move however you feel. ‘Sides I know you are a hellava good dancer. So you’ll be fine. Damm if you can dance to Ali’s music you can dance to this.”

After a few moments of enjoying the pounding rythym Ororo leaned back to find Logans arms easily slide around her
shoulders.

“it’s weird that you enjoy dance Logan.”

Logan’s eyes met hers and he smiled.

“I don’t like dancing darling. Riverdance is a workout, all dancing is a workout.I came here, come here because the music an djs are good and the food is dam good. I ain’t apansy.”

Ororo laughed.

After the first round of drinks Logan grabbed Ororo’s hand and led her out on the dance floor. Brooklyn bounce “club bizzare’ started playing and Logan chuckled. Slowly he and Ororo moved into a common movement in accordance with the music. He watched ororo move in very suggestive ways and Logan met her movement. After the first dance Logan groaned and reigned in his thoughts. She was driving him crazy. When the music slowed her pulled her close and danced slowly with her until it picked up and they just moved. At the end of the first song the DJ switched randomly to a slow dance and Logan meeting her eyes moved his hands down to her hips. He knew she was slightly impaired by the alchohol at least he wanted to think that, when her hands reached up and traced his face and for a moment he saw her emotions raw. They were staggering. He put his forehead against hers.

“Ro.” His voice came out gravely. “What is this?”

Ororo chuckled and felt her stomach flutter.

“I don’t know but whatever you do don’t stop Logan.”

The final notes of the music began to play and Logan felt his heart sink, he didn’t want this to end. As delightful as the alst few weeks had been it left him constantly wanting to touch her, to listen to her soft voice, it was creating a tension that he tried to alleviate. He was beginning to fall in love with her and he was struggling with that. With each laugh, with each chaste innocent kiss he felt himself wanting her, wanting her, wanting all of her forever. During each mission he felt himself wanting to protect her wanting to guard her, to make her his own. Logan quickly stilled his thoughts and Ororo noticed his racing emotions, the ones that probably matched hers. After dinner and quite a bit of dancing they headed to the grocery store and then to their apartment. Logan plopped down on the large leather sofa and Ororo went to put the groceries away popping a few beers.

“Darlin you sure you haven’t had to much tonight?”

Ororo laughed.

“You’re thinking of me innocent is cute Logan, but I am far from innocent. “

Logan raised an eyebrow then stood offering her a hand. When she took his hand his eyes met hers and he felt himself become slightly aroused when he remembered the way she had looked at him in the club. Breaking the moment he spoke softly

“Come with me I have something to show you. “

Ororo followed him to his study and he pushed a button revealing a set of stairs. They both descended into a large room.

“This is central command. This is where we plan our attacks, where all information is gathered, there is a macbook pro in your office that is connected to the system mainframe, but we ain’t dealin with people who are crazy. Winter filled me in on a lot of different specifics. Logan reached out to the wall and grabbed a gun handing it to her. “Know how to use this?”

Ororo pulled the clip out pulled the slide back, pulled it apart then put it back together then nodded.

“Yep.”

Logan smiled.

“I take it I’m not the only one with a past?”

“Nope.”

Logan stopped her as she stooped to put the gun in her boot.

“No guns under the pillow darling as sexy as that is. Most of our main communication with Chucky and ice queen will be here.”

Ororo stifled a laugh.

“fair enough.”

Logan led her into the second room.

“This is a small version of the danger room compliments of chucky. I’m going to take you through some tacticle training in..”

He was stopped by a finger against his lips.

“Logan or should I say Pierre I am not in need of any tactical training, however I could use some hand to hand training.”

Logan nodded and started a session. Ororo chuckled and took a basic stance. Logan came and corrected a few things and then the sparring match began. Ororo kicked high only to find logan blocked and pushed her back. Ororo recovered and the attacks began with Logan correcting as they sparred. Ororo found herself distracted by the gentle timber of his voice and the soft touches of his hands as he corrected her stances. Her heart would quicken every time his fingers would gently caress and would speed up even more with each word that came out of his gravely mouth. It was getting increasingly hard to not want to kiss him each time he came by. She was studying him and Logan knew that. He steadied his emotion as her eyes radiated the heat she was feeling.She watched as he circled around again and he prepared himself to fight. Truth be told he was very distracted. She attacked wti ha high kick near his face as he instructed, logan bloacked backed her up against the wall immobilizing her. Ororo became aware of every muscle in his body as her hands twitched wanting to touch him as he pressed into her. Their eyes met as Logan reminded himself that he was supposed to be teaching her. Her eyes held heat and he smelled her arousal. Without thinking Ororo pulled him to her and kissed him tentatively. She groaned when he returned her kiss. This was different from all the other kisses they had shared. Infinatly gently Logan kissed her back, and pushed his tongue gently into her mouth. No words were spoken as they kissed. Taking it slow Logan kissed down her neck his lips sending shooting pleasures through her. Her hands found their way underneath his shirt, her nails skimming his flesh and his skin shuddered underneath her touch. Logan continued kissing her pushing his tongie into her mouth enjoying her. He began to kiss down her neck and had almost reached her breast when a voice interuppted them.

“Logan, Ororo we need to speak with you.”

Both groaned inwardly as they broke apart and stepped into the next room and sitting down at the briefing table Logan flicked on the communicator. Charles and Winter sat at his desk in the study.

“How is the house?”

“Wonderful chucky thanks for the extra room, with danger room technology none the less.”

“Least we can do Logan, allows you to have a training room and you can run a few scenarios. Dr. Teslo and I have a first hit for you.”

“watcha need chucky?”

“I need information Logan. I want you and Ororo to hit a research facility about fifteen miles away. It corresponds with a partner of the company you will be working with. Do not be seen and be very careful.”

Ororo nodded.

“Any ideas on the Security system?”

“None whatsoever. Remember guys no powers. Use only the weapons you have been given, its better that this looks like a governmental spy job than a mutant attack.”

Logan grinned.

“no problem Chucky.”

“must you call me that Logan?”

Logan grinned.

“hey you named me Pierre. Your contact at the bar knew who we were. ”

Charles chucked.

“Good he will be helpful. Watch your pockets though. And Logan, Touche.”

When the call ended Logan walked over towards the wall and grabbed a black bag. Quickly vesting himself of his shirt he grabbed a black one and put it on. Ororo who was standing in the room noticed his muscular body, watching his muscles ripple as he ripped his shirt off and smiled to herself Dammit he was still sexy as hell. Logan noticed her scrutiny and smiled. He quickly vested himself of his blue jeans and pulled on his black jeans. Throwing on a beanie he looked over his shoulder to find Ororo also stripping and changing. After she pushed her white hair into her beanie Logan walked over and handed her a pair of black knee high boots.

“you’re gonna need these darling.” He reached behind him and handed her sheaths of different kinds. “You’re gonna need these to.”

Ororo smiled and put the various sheaths on, then loaded them with guns and knives. Making sure she had her lock pick kit and a few other things. Logan loaded himself up and put a few bigger guns and equipment in the black bag. After loading up Logan smiled and led her out to the garage. Several cars were in the garage and Ororo smiled wickedly.

“Seriously? You own the black maserati, the 2009 infiniti essence, the Subaru Baja and the xterra? Damm you for making me walk to the bar.”

Logan laughed and picked the baja. Throwing the stuff in the back he opened the garage and off they went. After an hour of driving Logan pulled off the country road.

“From here we walk.”

Unlocking the lid covering the trunk he pulled out two Red dot sight machine guns. Ororo smiled.

“I’m going to need that to?”

Logan nodded and put a silencer on the both guns.

“Don’t shoot unless you have to. “

Ororo nodded and Logan threw a few other things over his shoulder and adjusted the straps on Ororo’s bullet proof vest. He then handed her a mask. Ororo nodded and put it on.

“Let’s go.”

Quickly the two moved towards the targeted building. When they reached it Ororo quickly opened the door and they began to move swiftly through the corridor, it was a standard research facility, with several labs, a small room filled with a few research animals. When they reached the middle of the research facility they founds themselves in a large center room with large tanks. Ororo almost gagged when they saw what was in them. In the tanks were human beings, mutant or not could not be determined, and they had various animal parts attached. In one tank a person had been equipped with gills and a fin, another was equipped with wings, much like warren. They were being horribly experimented on. Logan growled softly and looked for research notes. When he found them he quickly stowed them in the bag. He motioned to Ororo to move on and she nodded. As she looked through several of the desks she noticed a hair switch on the bottom of one. Quickly triggering it a stairway dropped from the floor. Logan raised an eyebrow and knit his eyebrows together in anger. Ororo shrugged and started down the stairwell. Logan growled a soft warning and moved to intercept her. Taking the lead, Logan pushed the thoughts from his mind and moved quickly. They found themselves walking down a hallway that had various cages with stasis chambers. Ororo picked a lock of one of the cages without thinking and again Logan growled in anger. Ororo moved quickly inside and looked into the stasis chamber, It was a perfect replica of Jean Grey. Surprised Ororo moved back and motioned to Logan. Logan walked over and surprise covered his features. His surprise was interuppted when his heard the sound of feet approaching. Grabbing Ororo’s arm not so gently Logan quickly dragged her out in the hall.

“You tripped a silent alarm Ro. We gotta get out of here.”

A security guard yelled out in alarm and immediately pulled a gun, Logan’s heart skipped a beat to realize that it was pointed at Ororo. The man fired nad Logan moved his body to intercept the bullet. It hit his arm, Logan hit the wall and grunted. Quickly turning his gun he fired and the bullets hit the chest of the man blood spattering from where it hit, but not before Logan’s body intercepted took two more bullets.

“Go dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Leading her quickly back the way they came Logan led her up the stair quickly. When they reached the room with tanks he heard men entering the room, pushing Ororo roughly against the wall he pressed himself against her waiting for the men to pass. Ororo found herself winded and very aware of Logan’s body and remembering earlier . She groaned inwardly at the thought, she wanted him. He pressed himself against her and watched the men and where they were going. His wounds had mostly healed but he reached in quickly and pulled out the bullets before they could heal to fast. She reached out to help him and his skin became increasingly sensitive as her fingers graced his abs. Ororo ignored her lust for him and gently reached out and pulled the bullet out of the wound. His eyes met hers in a silent thank you. Taking a deep breath to control her raging emotions Logan pulled away and she quickly followed him . They quickly backtracked avoiding security guards as they went, Logan pushing her into walls without warning then covering her body wit his. When they reached the front doors Logan took the stairs, leading her to the roof and then attatching the appropriate equipment, pulling her against his body. Logan ran and jumped and Ororo felt fear as they almost hit the ground. As soon as her feet were underher she began running with Logan, both avoiding searchlights. As soon as they were back to the car Logan threw everything in and growled. Ororo knew he was pissed. When they got back to the apartment and the door was softly closed and Logan turned to her.

“Ororo what the fuck were you thinking? You tripped a silent alarm, you could have gotten us killed or worse, caught! We were supposed to remain unseen, what were you thinking woman?”

Ororo’s eyes flashed.

“You’ve done equally stupid things Logan you have no reason to yell at me.”

“Ororo we could have been killed. In case you didn’t notice these ain’t beauty spots women, you could have been friggin killed and all you can say is opps, will do better next time.”

Ororo growled and stepped closer.

“You were the one who moved in the way Logan you’r e ribs and
arm wouldn’t be sore if you had just let them hit me!”

Logan stepped even closer his face scant inches from hers as he ground out.

“Maybe next time I will darling, then you’ll get to feel what it’s like to have anine millimeter slug hit you in the chest, and you can feel the bruises!!”

Realizing how close to her he was Logan growled, then taking a breath he realized Ororo was aroused. He was hard instantly the smell of her making him want her. Without thinking he pushed her against the wall.

“Dammit!” were the only words out of his mouth before his mouth claimed hers in a brutal kiss. Ororo returned his kiss, and soon the heated argument turned into kisses of passion. Ororo’s hands sought out the wounds as her hands slid up his shirt. Logan broke their kiss after a moment when he heard her whisper his name.

“Logan..”

Logan stepped back.

“sorry darling.”

Her hands graced his features.

“Logan, have sex with me. It will answer the what if we’ve been dealing with the last few days.”

Logan shook his head leaning his forehead against her.

“Ro sex ain’t that simple. We all think we can get each other out of the system if we just have sex, but the truth is if I have you once, I’m gonna want you forever. Doesn’t work that way baby.”

“And our friendship?”

Logan sighed heavily.

“Ro the truth?”

Ororo nodded, not sure if she was ready to hear this.

“ The past few weeks I’ve fallen in love with you baby. I can’t just have sex. God knows I want it. Every training session you’re kicken my ass because I’m so dam distracted by the way you look at me, by the way you want me. I can’t just have sex Ro. I want you, all of you. I want to wake up every morning and know you’re gonna be there. I want to watch you cook in sexy lingerie and know I can push you up against the wall and make you mine. Mine and no one elses. I think I’ve always wanted you. You are my soul mate baby and I can’t just have sex with you once.”

Gently stepping away Logan picked a breathless speechless Ororo munroe up and walked her back to their bedroom. Gently setting her down on the bed, He kissed her one more time, his lips letting her know He longed for her and then walked out to the living room, closing the door behind him. He knew he had surprised her, hell he’d surprised himself. He had always wanted Ororo Munroe, just never thought he would be worthy of her. Laying on the couch his arm covering his eyes the mighty Wolverine realized that it was true, he had found his mate, the one that heaven had weaved together just for him.





You must login () to review.