Early the next morning after a fitful night of not sleeping thinking about Logan, Ororo headed to the danger room. She had a rock climbing program run and shoving her headphones into her ears she looked at the bouldering wall in front of her. She started out with a v-0 * letting her muscles warm up, she climbed it with ease and perfection. Time went by, her headphones blaring in her ears the sexy trance causing her mind to go to Logan. Ororo pulled hard on a v-5 route bring her body to where she wanted, and handled it with lithe grace. She hit the top of the wall then climbed down. When she touched the ground her senses were going a million miles an hour. Someone was in the room with her. She pulled her headphones out of her ears and following her instinct she quietly made her way to the control room. There was a young women leaning over the controls, one that Ororo didn’t recognize. Remaining in the shadows Ororo watched and waited. The woman's head shot up when the danger room door opened. Logan walked into the room and she slipped into the shadows as he came spoke quickly.

“Computer run simulation four twelve.”

Logan felt his senses going wild. Ororo had been here, he growled softly to himself and began to run the fight simulation. Darkness blanketed the room as Logan felt the cold bite of the cold snow surrounding him. He could feel it touch the recesses of his lungs, and he waited. The creature came out of nowhere, but Logan’s keen senses picked up on its movement and he wrestled the large tiger to the ground and held it there. Another movement began in the darkness, an unfamiliar one. Logan closed his eyes and listened, two heartbeats faintly moved and he heard the very quiet steps of someone trying to leave the danger room. He jumped quickly and attacked Scooter must have messed with the program. The person fought back. Logan attacked with a high roundhouse kick only to find that the movement was deflected. The person was in defensive mode, deflecting and sensing beforehand any attack that was made. Ororo knew that darkness alone surrounded her, she had no idea what happened to the woman, using the training Logan had taught her she closed her eyes and listened. She heard to feet, quiet as could be hitting the floor, Logan and she were fighting. Confident he would win, Ororo stepped out of her hiding place and spoke.

“Computer raise lights and end program.”

Logan growled as the lights came on and turned to face Ororo.

“Ro I was doing fine.”

“Logan this isn’t aprogram.”

The words were out of her mouth to late, Logan felt a foot connect hard with the back of his head and he grunted as he fell forward, using his weight to his advantage he pushed himself over narrowly escaping a elbow coming toward him. Ororo instantly called her powers under her command and lighting sparkled at her fingertips.

“Cease or I will electrocute you.”

A smirk came over almost pitch black eyes.

“Bring it on windrider.”

Surprised Ororo watched as the woman attacked Logan quickly, Logan responded feeling her movement and they sparred for a few minutes. Ororo saw a knife spark into the woman's hand and instantly using her wind attempted to push the woman off. Finding it had no affect Logan released his claws and caught the dagger with them attempting to snap it he found it was already out of his claws and he stepped back as the blade easily nicked his skin.

“Look doll we mean you no harm, what do you want?”

The woman paused only long enough to consider his offer, she smiled mischievously. She hadn’t had a good fight like this in awhile. Looking up at Ororo she smiled.

“What’s the matter Windrider, hand to hand not good enough to face me on the ground?”

Logan growled and Ororo attacked the person. He watched as with fluid grace she paried every move that they threw at her, she was incredible talented and trained in martial arts. Ororo pushed out of her mind everything but the fight in front of her,she still had a knife out and Ororo and Logan both had several nicks in their skin, this person was a good fighter. Logan noticed she had very few weakness and had exploited several of theirs. He and Ororo stepped back as the woman backed off. He was breathing heavily and out of breath. She was kicking their asses with little effort.

“Who are you?”

She chuckled twirling her knife and putting it back into her clothes, then gently extended her hand.

“ Well done, I have found few opponents as formidable as the two of you.”

Ororo stepped up and took it first.

“Ororo Munroe.”

The young nameless one smiled.

“I know who you are Windrider, Ororo Munroe, African Goddess.” Surprise registered in Ororo’s eyes as the women turned to Logan “And you are Wolverine, otherwise known as James Logan Howlett.”

Logan nodded.

“You obviously know us. What can we do for you?”

“I need your help.”





You must login () to review.