Every time she looked at that picture sitting on her desk she felt a wave of emotions. All the memories of that short, but such joyful time come rushing back. Yes, there was a time in her life that Ororo Munroe was happy.

It all started roughly seven years ago. She was twenty-two, and decided that one last time she was going to do something crazy before she had to be an adult. Ororo took a leave of absence from her duties as an X-man to travel the world.

She was only about a week into her trip when she found herself walking into a bar in Canada. She only stopped there to have a quick drink and relax for the night; little did she know that this was where her life was going to change forever.

As usual, every pair of eyes was on Ororo as she walked into that bar. How could they not be? She’s drop dead gorgeous. Her look is so exotic and natural. Her beautiful white locks and stunning blue eyes are sure to make any man melt. Her flawless caramel skin and toned body could make any woman jealous. Ororo’s walk was even beautiful. She had such a grace that it seemed as if she was floating. She was a goddess.

Ororo made her way to the bar, completely unshaken by the attention she was receiving. She ordered her drink and not long after a drunken man decided to keep her company.

“So, what’s a pretty lady like you doing here?” The man was able to slurr.

“I do not see how that is any of your business. Now if you would please excuse me.” Ororo replied flatly before attempting to move, but the man grabbed her by the wrist.

“Awhh. Come on baby. Don’t leave now. The night’s still young.”

She tried to set herself free, but this man was a lot bigger than she was and now his grip was even tighter than before.

" You’re hurting me.Release me now.” She shot back coldly.

He yanked her in and leaned in close to her face. “Now why would I want to do that?”

Before Ororo could even threaten him, she was interrupted.

“Listen bub, the lady said to release her, so I suggest ya do what she says.”

Ororo turned to look at the man who had come to her rescue. Something about him made her heart skip a few beats. He had it all. He was tall, dark and handsome. Normally, she would have been livid. She hated being the damsel in distress, but this time she really was. There were too many people around who could get hurt if she were to use her powers.

“What are you gonna do about it?” The drunk replied.

That’s when her hero raised his fist and out came three nine inch long claws. At the sight of the deadly claws, the man instantly let go of Ororo and scurried off. Before she could thank this man, he was kicked out of the bar. Ororo instantly followed him outside.

“Excuse me!” She shouted.

The man turned to face her. Once again her heart skipped a few beats. Damn, she hated that. She walked directly up to him before finishing.

“I didn’t get the chance to thank you for what you did back there. So, thanks.” She said with a small smile.

“Yeah, well, yer welcome.” He waited a few moments then turned to walk away.

“I’m Ororo.” She said in attempt to get him to stop. It was successful.

The man turned to her, slightly confused.“Aren’t ya scared of me? Of what I am?”

“No,” She paused. “Because I’m a mutant too.”

A few moments passed. Both the man and woman stood there, staring. The man was impressed. She wasn’t lying to him. He didn’t scare her. Not many people could hold his stare, and yet, this woman could.

“Logan.” He said with a sly grin.

From that moment on the two were nearly inseparable. It was love at first sight. They were so different yet so alike. They had more in common than most would expect.They completed each other. For the next few months the two lovers had developed a life together. They were happy.

A year into their relationship everything changed in one day. It started out as normal day in their log cabin when Logan stopped dead in his tracks. Ororo looked over at her love from her spot on a chair and notice the change in his behavior. She knew this stance all too well.

“Logan,” she said with a whisper and joining him by his side, “What is it?”

“We’re being watched. I can smell ‘em.”

Before he could continue something was thrown through the window. Logan instantly covered Ororo with his body just in time before it exploded.

“Listen Ro. I want you to run. Get out of here. I’ll fight them off and then I’ll come find you. You need to get to safety.”

“No. Logan, I stay with you and I fight. I was trained to do this. I can-“

“Ororo. Please. We don’t have time to argue. Go. Now.” Logan pleaded. “For me.”

With that Ororo nodded and kissed her love before she attempted to retreat. It was too late. The house was surrounded. Ororo and Logan were trapped. Dozens of men barged into the cabin and instantly Ororo and Logan did their best to fight them off. They were holding their own until Ororo felt a sharp pain in the back of her head and the warmth of her own blood as it trailed down the back of her skull. Shortly after the pain she only saw black.

When she woke up she frantically searched the torn up cabin. She was alone. He was gone. For the first time since she met Logan, she felt fear. So she did the only thing she could think of. She called her best friend Jean.

It didn’t take Jean and Scott long to arrive to the aid of their friend. They were greeted with the same horrible sight that Ororo woke to.

“ Ro! What the hell happened here?” Scott frantically rushed over to her friend who was just sitting in the middle of the floor.

“Roro? Where is he?” Jean questioned.

“I-I d-don’t know. They took him.” She sputtered.

“Ro, you’re bleeding. Come on. Let’s get you to a hospital.”
……………..
Ororo just sat there in utter shock. She had no idea how to react to what the doctor had just told her.

“So what did she say?” Jean broke Ororo from her musings.

Ororo just looked up at her friends, her siblings, and waited a few moments.

“I’m pregnant.”
………………..
Ever since that day Ororo did all that she could to try and find Logan. Even while expecting a baby. She returned to Westchester shortly after what had happened. Charles, of course, helped his surrogate daughter in every way possible. Days went by and those soon turned to months. Before Ororo knew it she was in labor. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She held her child in awe. She kept thinking that Logan deserved to be here. He deserved to hold his daughter too. It was so unfair to this baby and him.

“So what is this beautiful little girl’s name?” Jean asked.

“Leila.” Ororo stated. “Leila Rose.”

Ororo remembered a time when she and Logan had ended up talking about children. They were talking about names and she recalled Logan saying how he thought that name Leila was nice. She chuckled to herself at the memory. Nice. That was the best comment she could get out of him.
.....................

It had been five years since she met him. Their child was now two years old. Leila was defiantly a winner in the gene pool. She had her father’s dark, raven hair and her mother’s beautiful blue eyes. Her skin was the perfect mix of caramel and olive. She was simply gorgeous.

Ororo still had no information on where her Logan was. She started to wonder if she’d ever find him. Was he even alive? Even through her insecurities she made sure that Leila knew her father loved them. One day, they would be together and a family.

It seemed like every time Ororo was just the slightest bit happy something had to change that. One day she came home from a mission to find Xavier unconscious and Leila missing. The rest of that day is a blur to her. She remembers screaming and crying. Someone was responsible here. She had a feeling they knew that her daughter shared Logan’s DNA. Clearly he was the one they were after in the first attack, in the second it was Leila.

It was a little over a year since that horrible day. Ororo sat at her desk in her classroom starring at the picture of her toddler. How she yearned to hold that child. Ororo would give anything to hug her tight. She still had no leads on to who took Leila or where she was. It took every bit of strength in her body for her to get out of bed in the mornings, but she did it. She did it for her child. She did it for her soul mate. The only reasons she kept on living.


**X-men. Please report to the War Room immediately.**


With that Ororo was drawn away from her thoughts and headed to where she was needed. She entered the room and took a seat across from Scott and Jean.

“Now that you are all here I have an assignment for you. I came across a disturbance near Alberta, Canada. Cyclops, Jean, prepare the X-jet and head out. I’ll send you the coordinates.”
………..
As the young couple left the room, Professor Xavier turned to the windrider. She is much more than an employee or a student of his. She is the closest thing he has ever had to a daughter. He cared for her as if she were his own flesh and blood.

“Charles? Is there a reason I am not a part of this mission? I mean, really, I am co-leader, I think-“

“Ororo,” Charles started. “There is a reason as for me keeping you here. When the time is right, you will understand.”

Charles Xavier earned himself that signature raised eyebrow. She was skeptical, she couldn’t deny that, but then again, she did trust this man with her life. It was a long moment before she responded.

“I trust you. Now, if you don’t mind, I have some work I need to catch up on.”





You must login () to review.