It had been nearly two hours since she left the war room, and Ororo had barely made a dent in the stack of essay’s she had. Every time she was remotely focused, something made her wonder about the odd answer Charles had given her. Yes she trusted him, but he was never so discrete. She couldn’t exactly figure out why, but this really bothered her.

Where was this going to get her? She couldn’t sit here all day and be bothered by something she doesn’t know anything about. With that, Ororo decided to get back to grading papers.

After finishing up the essays, Ororo was going to call it a night. She packed everything up and headed towards her loft. Of course, life could never be that simple. Jean and Scott had returned from their mission, except they weren’t alone. Ororo ran into the couple at right outside of Xavier’s office. With them was young girl. She looked to be about seventeen, the girl was the same height as herself, and she had brown hair. Now what really struck Ororo, were the girl’s eyes. They were big chocolate pools full of innocence. Ororo also noticed how scared this child looked. Instantly her motherly instincts took over.

“Scott, Jean.”She smiled and turned to the young girl. **This Marie, also called Rogue. Be careful to not touch her skin, it can be harmful to you due to her mutation.** Jean chimed in Storm’s head. “Hello, my name is Ororo.”

The girl was hesitant at first, but after a reassuring glance from the beautiful redhead, she warmed up.

“Mah name’s Marie.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Ororo spoke with a warm grin.

“Roro, how about you find Marie a room? I have to get down to the infirmary to check on our other guest.” Jean voiced.

“Of course. Marie, if you would follow me.” She added.
Ororo knew exactly where she would place Marie. She decided to pair the girl with Kitty Pryde, the social butterfly. The two would be perfect together; Kitty had a knack for helping people feel comfortable.

Of course, Ororo was correct. Kitty and Marie instantly hit it off. The two were chattering away before she even left the room. She felt some peace there. Then a sad smile came across her face. Leila. Will I ever see her as a teenager? Will I ever get to see her go to prom or drive a car? Will I ever hear her laugh again? Will she remember me?

……………………..
Before she would let herself sulk, Ororo decided to head down to the kitchen. There, she came across Scott; her best friend, her brother.

“Hey, Ro.” He called to her as she approached the freezer. She acknowledged him with that sad smile she had just given herself moments ago. He watched her grab a container of Ben and Jerry’s and spoon. Now he knew something wrong.

“Okay,” He said and he took a seat next to her at the island, “How are you feeling? And don’t lie to me.”

She turned to face him and let all her walls down. She allowed him to observe her. He looked into her eyes and saw the anguish they held. That was all he needed as an answer. Scott hated seeing her like this. Ororo was the last person who needed heartache. She had been through more than anyone he knew, before she was even old enough to drive a car. What made him cringe even more, was the fact that most people would become bitter if they had experienced even half of what she has. Yet Ororo had a heart of gold. She always put others before herself.

“Ro, we will find Leila and bring her home.” Scott affirmed. “You have to believe that.”

“I know. It’s just,” She felt her throat tighten. She waited a few moments then took a deep breath and continued. “It’s just so hard, Scott. I am her mother. My only job is to protect her and I couldn’t even do that. She’s out there somewhere and I haven’t the slightest clue where. It’s really hard to keep up hope that she’s alive.”

She could feel the tears that were blurring her vision roll down her checks. Before she had a chance to wipe them away, her companion was already there; taking up his role as big brother. He embraced her in comforting hug. She could always count on him. Though he was only a year older than she, he always took care of her.

“Thank you.” She whispered before pulling herself out of his hold.

“Anytime.”

With that, Ororo headed up to her loft.


………..
“So class, we are done reading Macbeth.” Before Ororo could continue the class roared with excitement as the bell rang. She sighed and rolled her eyes. “NOW, for your assignment.” She chuckled at the over dramatic groans. “ You are to write a paper between three and five pages. The topic should be related to the play, I have some written down on the board. It’s due a week from Friday. Class dismissed.”
Just as soon as she dismissed her class, Ororo felt Xavier’s telepathic knock.


**X-men report to my office immediately. Our guest has awoken.**

........…………
Cold air and the smell of antiseptics were what greeted Logan. He sat up and noted that he was in a room that seemed to be some sort of medical bay. Quickly, he kicked his legs off the table and found his way out of the room. The hall that he entered seemed endless. It looked as if it was something taken right out of a comic book. Where was he? He was on high alert when he suddenly heard someone telling him which way to go. He shot his glare around and no one was to be found. He found his way to an elevator that took him to what looked like the main ground.

This area was completely different from where he had awoken. It was welcoming, like a home or school. Again, he heard the voice and again, no one was around. Footsteps. They were getting closer. He ducked into a room as fast as he could to get out of sight.

“Ah. Good morning Logan,” said a bald man in a wheelchair, “Would you like some breakfast?”

“Where am I?” Logan simply growled.

“Westchester. New York. My people brought you here for medical attention.”

“I don’t need medical attention.” He threw back. Then it hit him. That scent. Fresh rain and sandalwood with a hint of vanilla. He knew that scent. It wasn’t just any scent; it was her scent.

Before he even had the opportunity to question the man in front of him, the large door behind him opened. In walked a tall young man with a pair of red sunglasses. He was dressed in a polo and sleek pair of pants. Boy Scout, he thought. Right behind him, a woman, a red head with beautiful big green eyes.

“Logan, I’d like you to meet Scott Summers and Jean Grey.” Xavier stated. Then, the scent he previously smelled got stronger. Something else was said to him, but he couldn’t focus on anything except that scent; her scent.

Then, there she was right before him. “I believe you have already met Ororo Munroe.” The professor said with a grin.

The minute their eyes met, she gasped. Her hands flew to her mouth and her eyes started to moisten. She was in such disbelief she was visibly shaking. The two slowly approached each other; never saying a word and never dropping their gaze. Once they reached each other, Ororo simply put her hand to his cheek, a gesture of love and compassion. Logan instantly leaned into her delicate touch and took her dainty fingers in hand. It was like they were in a trance; the other occupants of the room were easily forgotten.

Charles knew that Logan and Ororo deserved this moment. No one else mattered. It was to be shared between them, and only them. Taking that point to mind, Professor Xavier telepathically motioned to Jean and Scott to leave the room with him. They left with curiosity, followed by Xavier. Anything else he had to discuss with either Ororo or Logan would just have to be put off for a little while longer.





You must login () to review.