Chapter 2: Your laugh/ Your Eyebrows Furrow

Ororo entered her room, and turned on a small lamp on her desk. She turned to the man and smiled, “Again, thank you Logan.”

Logan stayed near the corner of Ororo’s attic bedroom, like a shy teen boy on Prom night. “Again, no problem ‘Ro-I mean Ororo.” He smiled a bit. He had never been sure on whether or not she liked the nickname.

Ororo looked at him and smirked, “You know, you can come closer, Logan, I promise you, I won’t bite.”

He stepped closer to the bed, and sat down next to her. Why was he so nervous? It wasn’t like he’d never shared a bed with a beautiful woman before. Beautiful woman, yes, Goddess who can kill him with the snap of her slender fingers… erm… maybe not…

Logan cocked an eyebrow, “Sorry fer tryin’ ta be polite…” He muttered, but the smile on his face let her know that he was joking, “Besides,” He grew serious “Yer the only one who makes me feel this way,” He coughed and tried to hide his face from embarrassment.

Ororo chuckled and rubbed his back a bit, “Aww, I was just jok”” She suddenly realized what he had said, “…What…?”

Logan realized that he said the last part out loud. He blushed and buried his head into one of her pillows, “nuffin',” came out the pillow stuffed response, quietly wondering how badly he messed things up

She chuckled a bit and rubbed his back again, “Quite bashful, are we this evening?” She laughed and stood again, “Would you like another pillow Logan?”

He mumbled incoherently again into the pillow and nodded. He flipped over and was looking up at the ceiling as he gruffly said: “I’m sorry ‘Ro…. That was inappropriate...”

“It’s fine Logan... I… mmm… I should've known you'd feel a bit uncomfortable, given the situation... You don't have to stay if you don't want to...” She shook her head as she walked to her bed and put on the bed the two extra pillows she had taken out of her closet.

Logan touched her arm gently, “Nah, I said I was gonna be here and hold ya or whatever and that’s what I gonna do, got it?” He grinned, “And for the life of me, it ain't gonna be awkward!” He smirked, “I hope not anyway.”

She shivered a bit at his touch, and stood up again to turn off the light, which she had forgotten to do, “Thank you, Logan.” She whispered as she went back to bed.

The Weather Goddess lay in bed, very still, tense, and very awkwardly. She could feel Logan’s gaze on her, and when she looked at him, he was grinning at her as well. “What Logan?”

“Now who’s shy?”

Ororo laughed and threw a pillow at him. He chuckled as the pillow bounced off him, and landed somewhere on the floor. He grabbed her wrist gently, and scooted her closer to him. He was amazed at how perfectly she fit in his arms, when he wrapped them around her small form. “Is this okay?” He asked, expecting her to push him away and put up a fight.

Ororo tensed and shivered slightly in his arms as she laughed nervously, “Mmmm… yeah… This... This is… great….”

Logan let go of her immediately, “sorry, I didn't want ta make you uncomfortable. I just figured...” He realized he was rambling. Suddenly, he grabbed the pillow his head was on and got off the bed and laid down on the floor “Night, 'Ro.”

She grabbed his wrist, suddenly feeling bad, “No, Logan… Come here… Lay with me…” She then whispered lowly, “I…I need you...”

He sat up, “But... I...made ya uncomfortable in yer own bed, 'Ro - I...I'm here, I'll just stay down here, where I won't make ya feel awkward.” He shrugged; he wanted to be with her in bed, with her in his arms. But, if here was where he needed to be, then here he would stay.

Ororo took her pillow and blanket, “Alright Logan... Then... Maybe if we take the bed out of the equation, it won't be so awkward...” She laid down next to Logan on the floor.

Logan smiled at the ceiling, he crossed his arms “This is stupid, ya are aware of this, ya?”

Laughing, Ororo shook her head, “This is not stupid! How is this stupid?”

Logan returned the laugh, “'Cause yer lying on yer own floor because I'm the one you made you feel weird."

Ororo laughed again, “You did not make me feel weird... It was just.... Unexpected...”
Logan turned to his side and propped his head up with his hand, “I love your laugh 'Ro. You should do it more often.” Even in the dark, he could feel her blue eyes burning his skin, “What?” It was making him feel self-conscious.

“Do you really mean that, Logan?” She asked. All he could do was nod.

Ororo smiled, “Well, I love the way your eyebrows furrow when you're confused...” She laughed softly.

“They do not!” His eyebrows furrowed and she laughed harder.

“What?” Logan asked confused, but smiling.

She shook her head still chuckling, “That’s what I mean.”

Logan laughed as well, “Ro, my eyebrows do not furrow!”

Ororo slid closer toward him in laughter and smiled “Fine, they don't.”

Logan's eyebrows furrowed as he laughed once more, “Really? Cause I coulda sworn they did!”

She rolled her eyes and swatted his chest, “You are a nut, you know that, right?”

Logan said while laughing, “Yer not the first to tell me that darlin'!”

“I bet I wouldn't be the last…” Ororo replied.

Logan cocked an eyebrow, “What's that supp'st t'mean darlin'?”

Ororo sighed; truth was she wasn't sure why she said what she said “I do not know... Forget it.”

Logan felt a weird silence engulf them, “I was jus kiddin' ‘Ro.... Maybe ya should get some sleep?”

“Maybe…” She had felt the odd silence too; why did she have to be so cold all the time? “Logan?”

Logan turned to her in the dark, “Yeah ‘Ro?”

She stifled a smile, “Can we lie back on the bed? I promise to behave.”

Logan grinned and chuckled, “Fine, but only cuz ya promised…”

She took her pillow and sat back up on the bed, pulling him back up with her. Ororo watched as Logan twisted and turned positions; finally when he settled down her head found his massive chest, and his arms instantly wrapped around her, “Is this okay?”

She smiled, and stifled a yawn, “This is... *yawn* ...perfect...” Her eyes got droopy as she began to fall asleep.

He kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer, “I'm glad…” As he too began to fall asleep.





You must login () to review.