Hawk and Storm came into the office at six o'clock sharp the next morning. Hawk had a small pink, fluffy pillow with her. One thing Hawk hated about working with Storm, was getting up early. She was a night person; someone who likes to stay up as late as humanly possible. But as soon as she fell asleep, she would sleep late. Hawk found her desk, placed her pillow on top of it, and dropped almost instantly.

Logan looked at Storm surprised. Hawk still had her earbuds in her ears. "She sleeps with music," Storm explained. "Even with songs that are supposed to get you up and wide awake, she'll sleep through them. Get her half-awake, and find a song she loves, and she'll get up in a good mood."

"With her earbuds in her ears?"

Storm laughed. "No, silly. She has an iPod dock that plays the iPod while she sleeps. It also charges it."

"How long will she be like that?"

"Forever, if you let her," Storm exaggerated. "I'll give her a couple of hours."

While Hawk slept, Storm and Logan went through the reports. The ME's report said that the girl had been strangled to unconsciousness, defiled, strangled again, then stabbed. Storm was glad that Hawk was asleep; she would've read the report, then go outside for some air. Translation: 'I need to get my emotions under control.'

Rogue stopped by a little later and gave them some coffee. "Looks like someone else could use one," Logan commented.

"Hawk doesn't drink coffee," Storm said as she turned to Rogue. "Thank you."

"She doesn't?"

"No," Storm said, sipping hers. "I'll get her a frap a little later, or maybe a soda."

Logan made a face; Storm laughed. "What can I say? She's a strange child."

"In more ways than one," Logan replied.

They finished the ME's report and looked through the ballistics file. No fibers, no fingerprints, and no DNA- which wasn't surprising considering the rest of the evidence. This guy was a pro.

Sabretooth came in a little later. Unfortunately, that was also when Hawk woke up. "Oh, great," Storm heard her grumble. Shooting her a warning glare, she looked back to Sabretooth.

XMD

Hawk rubbed her eyes, and turned off 'Bad Day' by the Chipmunks. She took the hint from Storm and decided to take out her laptop and binder- where she kept the stories she wrote, She checked her e-mail- nothing from her penpal; went on Youtube, checked her channel and inbox, all the while listening to the adults converse.

"Find anything?" Sabretooth asked.

"No," Storm replied. "If anything, the only thing that we've learned is that this guy is a pro. He left no physical evidence behind."

Hawk knew there was something she should ask about that, but couldn't remember what it was. Her mind sometimes acted up on her. So, she just shrugged it off. It would come around... eventually.

The next comment made Hawk whirl around in her chair. "So, Sabretooth whispered in Storm's ear. He didn't know that Hawk could read lips, or read his thoughts as he spoke. "What so you think about us going out tonight? We could go see a movie."

Storm smiled. "Sure."

"Alright, I'll pick you up at eight." As Sabretooth walked by Hawk, he purposefully bumped her chair, causing her to mess up what she was writing. She shot him a dirty look. He just smirked at her. Hawk was half-tempted to throw a fireball at him to wipe the smirk off of his face. In response to that emotion, her hands started to heat up and smoke a little. Storm was the first to notice.

"Hawk!"

Hawk looked down to see the smoke coming from her hands. She gasped, immediately removed them, and saw the partially melted board. "Shoot," Hawk muttered. That was going to cost her some of her savings. She sighed; this was one of the bad things about controlling the four elements. She turned on 'My last breath' by Evanescence. Music helped calm her nerves.

XMD

"I can't believe you accepted the offer to go on a date with this guy!" Hawk exclaimed. Storm and Hawk were back in their apartment, Hawk standing in the living room, after the day just provided them with dead ends.

Storm was getting ready for her date. "Hawk," she said exasperatedly, "he's a nice guy. And it's not a date."

"Yeah," Hawk snorted. "A nice guy who just wants a bed."

"Hawk!" Storm said sharply. "That was uncalled for."

"It's true though," Hawk said defensively. "You didn't see the way he was looking at me."

"He didn't know you were fifteen," Storm said, an amused smile coming to her lips. "Come on now, you do look like you're an adult."

Hawk couldn't argue with that. "How do I look?" Storm asked. She was wearing a nice black dress that went a little past her knees, and two-inch high heels.

"Uh, Storm, it's a movie. And if it's not a date- like you claim it's not- just grab some jeans and a T-shirt. Or blouse," she added hastily.

"You're no help."

"Hey, I'm not a fashionist," Hawk replied. "Besides, you at least look good when you choose something." Hawk was referring to how she sometimes mismatched her clothes, and Storm would have to tell her what matched with what she wanted to wear; she's gotten better at that though, since she pretty much wore nothing but jeans these days, and could pretty much wear any top she wanted with them. There was a knock on the door. Storm hurriedly went to it. "Victor," she said. "Hey, could you give me a sec... thanks." She turned to Hawk. "Hawk I'm going whether you like it or not."

Hawk sighed, knowing she wasn't going to win this one. "Fine, whatever."

Storm looked her sympathetcally. Then turned to leave. "There's money on the counter if you want to order some pizza."

"Make sure you're home by ten!" Hawk called after them as the door closed. "Or I'll be up all night."

She went to her room and started IMing Spottedfire.





You must login () to review.