Hawk and Emily galloped after Isis. Suddenly, she stopped. Hawk dismounted and found another shoe, and a few feet beyond Storm's mini revolver. She looked at Emily worriedly. How Storm managed to run this far with only one shoe, they would ask about later. Isis barked, letting them know that she picked up the trail. Hawk remounted an placed the shoe with it's partner, along with the revolver into the saddlebag. Then galloped off.

X

Sabretooth found the Goddess on her side, partially buried under dead leaves. He stopped right in front of her, just as she woke up. He smiled when she didn't try to run; he knew she was too weak. This satisfied him to no end. In his mind, the weaker they were, the easier they were to control. Although it did take the fun out of hunting her down.

He knelt down next to her, and his smile grew even wider when he saw her eyes widen in fear.

X

When Storm came to, she saw Victor standing over her, and gasped. He knelt down next to her, his amber eyes boring into her brown ones. Storm realized that her only chance for survival was to do exactly as she was told. Maybe then, he would let her live.

X

"Storm!" Hawk called. "Storm!"

"Ms. Munroe!" Emily tried.

Quiet! Isis snapped.

Hawk turned to the wolf. "What's wrong Isis?"

Sabretooth's been through here. His scent is fresh and strong. As if he was here very recently.

"What are you thinking?" Emily asked, as she saw her friends get fearful.

"I'm thinking, that if we don't find Storm soon, she's toast."

X

Victor started to slowly stroke her cheek. Storm flinched at his touch and began to tremble. "You owe me a scream," he whispered, sending a chill racing down her spine.

"Please," Storm pleaded. "Please, don't do this." A tear started to stream down her cheek, but she ignored it as Sabretooth chuckled at her pathetic pleas.

"Don't worry, Princess, I'll be gentle with you."

Storm squeezed her eyes shut and looked away. This just could not be happening.

X

Isis picked up Storm's scent in the breeze. She wasn't far away. Although, she also detected Sabretooth's scent mingled in with Storm's. A growl formed deeply in her throat. And she darted off into the direction the breeze was coming from.

X

Hawk and Emily were still looking around when they heard Isis' growl. Then, she darted off. "Isis!" Hawk called. Isis ignored her.

"What's gotten into her?" Emily asked.

"Only two things would make her ignore me- well actually three things. Food is the obvious one. The other two are if I'm being threatened, or Storm's being threatened."

They both gave each other a knowing look, and Hawk took out her revolver and gave off two shots before they urged their horses into a gallop.

X

Both Victor and Storm looked up when they heard the shots. Storm knew she lost her weapon while she was running, so there was no way she could threaten him. After a moment, Sabretooth leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "You'll be dead before they realize what happened."

Storm, squeezed her eyes tightly shut; dreading what was about to was a sudden rush of leaves and a flash of white as something darted out from the underbrush. Storm realized, with relief, that it was Isis. And wherever Isis was, Hawk wasn't far behind.

But this thought also scared her. What was Hawk doing here in the first place? She was supposed to go to the office and get Logan. Of course, Hawk probably hadn't heard that because of the bad service. She really hoped Logan was with Hawk.

X

Sabretooth felt the razor-sharp teeth grab his wrist. He saw it rush out at him, snarling. But the teeth still hurt as if his hand was being cut off. He quickly flung the wolf off. It landed on it's side with a yelp; but got back up automatically, and charged. Sabretooth slashed at her muzzle, drawing blood. As it made a speedy recovery from the blow, he slashed again at her unprotected flank; practically slicing her side open. There was another yelp and a whine as the wolf fell onto her good side. Sabretooth turned to finish her off, when there was a sudden sound of hooves. "Isis!"

He whirled to see the kid, on her black mare, race to the top of the slope, skid to a stop, and rear. The horses' front hooves were flailing before they literally stomped to the ground. Another rider came up next to her. This one was a redhead on a light brown horse. Its' ears were back and it backed up a little. The cavalry arrived, he thought gleefully. A delicious cavalry.

X

Isis had disappeared into the undergrowth after the girls had followed her for about two minutes. Not really knowing what to do, the girls just continued galloping. Hawk brought Storm to a halt when she felt like her head was about to explode. Isis had gotten into some trouble, and now she was hurt. They heard the yelps from dead ahead. Hawk put up her telepathic blocks to keep from receiving Isis' pain through their telepathic bond. There was another yelp; but this time, Hawk saw Sabretooth. "Isis!" Hawk cried, skidding to a halt and rearing Midnight into the air. Midnight whinnied as she flailed her hooves.

Dancer came up next to them, her ears going back as soon as she saw Sabretooth, and took a couple of steps back from the edge of the hill they were on. Hawk knew her eyes were probably a hazel blaze, but she couldn't help it. No one touched her animals without paying for it.

Logan came on the scene just then, and stopped dead when he saw Storm and Isis. There was a loud SNIKT as his knuckles bared foot long metal claws. She had heard rumors that they were adamantium; an alloy that was supposedly indestructible.

Hawk looked back at the scene before knew of only one tactic that would gain them the upper hand in this. The rear 'n' buck. Emily looked at her and her eyes widened in shock when she saw what Hawk was thinking. "Are you crazy? You could easily miscalculate and over shoot it."

"Did you all of a sudden become a telepath and I didn't know it?"

Emily glowered. "Hawk, I'm serious."

"I know; but, you forget about what I can do." There was a sudden gust of wind.

"I get the point, Hawk; but are you sure you can manage a shot like this?"

"It's the only way to gain the upperhand, Em; you got any better ideas?"

"No," Emily conceded.

Hawk backed Midnight up a tad bit, then made her rear and buck her off. Hawk used the winds and her telekinesis to aim for Sabretooth's chest. Once her foot made contact; her momentum causing him to stumble back. She landed in a combat crouch as Sabretooth regained his footing. Hawk glared at him, then used her earth ability to connect to the trees and manipulated the branches to grab and bind him- minus the tree near Storm.

Hawk then flicked her palm open, and a fireball appeared in her palm. She prepared to pitch...

XMD

Storm was still recovering from her initial shock during the main fight. But she became coherent enough to see Hawk's intention when she saw the fireball. "Hawk!"

XMD

Hawk turned when she heard Storm call her name. "Don't. It's over."

"But what about Isis?" Hawk demanded. "He needs to pay for that."

"Which is why we'll add animal cruelty to the charges."

Logan came down and slashed Sabretooth's face with his claws. Then he told Sabretooth something that Hawk didn't quite catch. Then turned around and went to help Storm.

XMD

Storm was trying to sit up, when Logan came over. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Storm nodded, but hissed between her teeth when as she moved her bad ankle.

Logan gave her a concerned look. "I twisted my ankle further back," Storm explained. "Although, I think I might have broken it when I slipped down here."

"Here," Logan said, bracing his arm under her shoulder, and placing the other one under her knees. He carried her back up the hill where Hawk was waiting for them.

"Looks like you're riding side saddle," Hawk said to Storm, when she saw them.

"Didn't you tell me that was uncomfortable?" Storm asked.

"Which leg is it?"

"My right one."

"Well, then if it doesn't cause you too much pain to swing your leg over the saddle."

Storm didn't like the idea of that, so she went on the Midnight sidesaddle. Hawk rode behind Emily on Dancing Winds. Logan led Midnight, since Hawk said that a horse could only carry about twenty percent of their weight, and that he would have to ride a Shire to go horseback riding. Of course, she did receive a sharp look from Storm. Somehow, they ended up at the stables where Hawk and Emily kept their horses. "Thanks for the lift, Em," Hawk said dismounting before Emily.

"No problem. It was fun."

Storm also dismounted, with Logan's help, and leaned on Midnight. Hawk looked over Storm. "You really should get that ankle looked at, Storm."

"I'm fine, Hawk."

"Really," Hawk said mischievously, with a wicked smile. "Midnight."

Midnight walked forward forward out of Storm's reach; causing her to lose her balance. She would have fallen if Logan hadn't steadied her. "If you're fine, then why did you just lose your balance and Logan had to steady you?"

Storm gave her a dirty look. "I might've broken it on my run from Sabretooth."

"I could heal it for you if you want?"

Storm got a skeptical look on her face.





You must login () to review.