Hawk and Storm walked into the cafe' where Storm and Victor had spent their first "date" two weeks earlier. Storm was on crutches, thanks to her broken ankle, as she came in. Logan was at the high top toward the window. He turned his head as they came in, and helped Storm with her crutches. They all ordered milkshakes and started to talk. "She won't let me heal her!" Hawk exclaimed, sitting down. "I could've totally saved us some money and a trip to the doctor's."

"I think I want to keep my leg, thank you," Storm said in her defense.

"I'm not that bad."

"Really?" Storm asked quizzically. "Then how come last time you tried to heal a cut on my finger, I ended up with a burn mark?"

"I wasn't focused! Besides, I did heal that one too- correctly, I might add."

"Better safe than sorry."

Hawk rolled her eyes as their waitress came by with their orders.

"So," Hawk said after they got their milkshakes. "What did you learn this week?" Hawk had been waiting to this for awhile.

Storm rolled her eyes. "To always believe you when you say someone is no good."

"And?"

"To always text or call whenever I'm not going or when I'm about to cancel girl's night."

"And?"

Storm sighed exasperatedly. "I'm sorry."

"Thank you," Hawk said, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"So how's Isis?" Logan asked.

"Getting restless and sick of sleeping in my room all the time instead of roaming around and sleeping in her room."

"She has her own room? That wouldn't be the room that's next to yours on the right would it?"

Hawk looked at Storm. "He is a detective. Maybe we should ask for a new partner?"

Storm gave her a playful shove and she giggled. Then Logan turned to Storm. "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright I guess," Storm replied. "Still a little shaken, but that's what Hawk's around for."

"I heard that," Hawk said.

"You were meant to." They all laughed.

They all changed the subject to championships and talked about how Storm and Hawk were going to need the day tomorrow to practice. Which was fine since Storm was supposed to be on medical leave anyway. After they finished their milkshakes and Logan paid for it, they all said their goodbyes and headed home. Hoping not to grab a case before tomorrow.





You must login () to review.