Logan drove the car to the crime scene, speeding way past behind the normal limits. Hawk was jerked forward as Logan slammed on the brakes as they reached their destination; hitting her head on the back of Storm's seat. "Sorry," Logan said. "You alright back there?"

"Been better," Hawk replied, rubbing her forehead with her palm. "You call that a stop? Storm, remind me never to ride in the back when Logan's driving or take my driving lessons with him."

Storm just shook her head and got out of the car. They were in front of an abandoned building house that was pink and surrounded by trees on three sides. "So, what've we got, Furball?" Logan asked. Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy received his nickname from Logan because he looked like a blue lion. He was also a mutant, as was most of the people in Logan's department.

Beast rolled his eyes. "Caucasian female about mid-to-late teens. Looks like a stab wound to the throat."

Hawk's blood chilled. She didn't like being at crime scenes where kids her own age were the victims. A look from Storm told her that she should wait in the car. "Sexual assault?" Storm asked.

"Can't say it looks like it," Beast replied. "But we can't rule it out. I'll do a rape kit when we get her on the table."

"Who found her?" Hawk couldn't help but ask.

"Anonymous tip," a voice said from behind them. Storm, Logan and Hawk turned to see a very broad man with blond hair and beard. Hawk noticed his nails were a yellowish color.

"Hello, Creed," Logan grumbled.

"Hello, Wolverine," Creed said. "Fancy meeting you here. And who might this be?"

"Detective Ororo Munroe," Storm said, extending her hand. "But most people call me Storm."

"I see you've got a new partner, Wolverine."

"Two," Hawk corrected. Creed turned to see her standing by the car. "He's got two new partners."

"And who might you be?" Hawk could see that he giving her a look that told her to kick him where it hurts.

"Hawk," she said coolly. "And I'm underage, so don't even think about it." Although looked like she could pass for eighteen, she was really fifteen.

"Oh," Creed said, slightly disappointed. Then he turned back to Logan. "Well, Wolverine, I must say, you have two beautiful partners." He cast a meaningful glance at Storm, who blushed. Hawk rolled her eyes.

"'Ya know, if you'd stop flattering her and fill us in, that'd be really helpful." Storm shot her a dirty look, and Hawk just shrugged innocently.

"Lilienna Valdez," Creed said. "Fifteen years old, and was reported missing last night by her mother when she didn't come home."

"Murder weapon?" Hawk asked. Creed gave her an approving look.

"Placed next to her body. Looks like a hunting knife."

"Fingerprints?"

"Wiped clean. This guy obviously doesn't want to get caught."

"Maybe," Hawk said. "Or maybe he's stupid and left DNA between the hilt and the blade. Most stabbers cut themselves."

Creed thought about this for a moment, then turned to Logan, smiling. "I liked this kid, she certainly knows her stuff."

Hawk almost rolled her eyes again. That is, until she got a warning look from Storm. Hawk gave her an innocent look.

XMD

After wrapping things up, they all went back to the car. "Can I ride in the middle this time?" Hawk asked.

Logan looked at Storm. "Oh, let her Logan," she said. "She doesn't take up that much space."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

They rode in silence for a few minutes. Then Hawk broke it. "So, who's this Creed guy anyway?"

"He's from our rival department," Logan said.

"We have a rival department? Sweet!"

"His real name is Victor Creed. Alot of folks call him Sabretooth, though."

Hawk snorted. "Name suits him." Storm elbowed her. "Ow!"

"Victor is not one to be crossed ," Logan continued. "I'm almost positive he's a dirty cop; I just can't prove it."

I'll help ya out, Hawk thought. She hadn't liked the feel of his aura, and that really creeped her out.

XMD

Storm pulled Hawk aside when they got back to the office. "You know you were very rude to Sabretooth."

"Sorry," Hawk said. "That guy just really creeped me out."

"Diesn't matter, Hawk," Storm said sternly. It was rare she ever spoke to Hawk like this. "The next time you act like that at a crime scene, the next one I go to, you'll be left at home. Understand?"

"Yes, Storm."

XMD

Sabretooth stopped by a few hours later. "Got the crime scene photos you wanted," he said flopping an envelope on Logan's desk.

"'Bout time," Logan said, signing the envelope and opening it.

Sabretooth turned to Storm, who was across from Logan. "Hey, Storm. Do you want to stop by the diner a little bit later for a drink? Say... eight o'clock? If you're not too busy that is."

Hawk, who was listening to a song on her iPod, lyp-synching, hadn't paid much attention until now. "Wearing a gown shaped like a pastry-" she looked up when she heard Sabretooth's question. A horrified look on her face.

Storm blushed. "Uh... let me think about it and I'll call you later."

XMD

"You can't possibly be serious about this!" Hawk exclaimed once they were in the car.

Storm sighed. Sometimes Hawk just needed to mind her own business. "If you don't want to go, Hawk, you don't have to."

"Are you kiddin'? I'm not leavin' you alone with him."

"Then quit complaining. What do you have magainst me dating anyway?"

"It's not that I have anything against you dating- I actually enjoy it; it's the men I'm against sometimes."

They reached the diner five minutes later. "In or out?" Storm asked.

"In," Hawk said sourly, sighing. "I better be gettin' an extra-large milkshake for this."

"You'll get a milkshake if you stop complaining."

Sabretooth was at one of the hightops by the window, with free seats on either side of him. He turned and smiled at Storm as she came in. He was a little surprised to see Hawk though. "Storm," he said. She returned his smile. "I didn't realize you were bringing your kid."

While Sabretooth was paying attention to Hawk, Storm knew that she was about to roll her eyes, and shot her a warning glare. Hawk smiled sweetly. "It's nice to see you again, too, ."

XMD

While the adults conversed, Hawk listened to her iPod and texted whoever on her cell phone. At about 9:45, Hawk noticed out of the corner of her eye, Sabretooth reach out to stroke Storm's cheek. That wasn't very appealing to her. She cleared her throat and they turned to her. "Seriously guys, no PDA when I'm around."

XMD

"PDA?" Sabretooth asked when Hawk was out the door.

"Public Display of Affection," Storm explained, looking at the time. "Uh-oh, Victor, I've gotta go."

"Already?"

"Yes. Hawk, doesn't fall asleep until we're both home. Tonight was fun though, we should do it again sometime."

Sabretooth smiled, then waved her off.


Chapter End Notes:
Be patient. This is a series. There won't be immediate RoLo, but there will be little hints now and then. For now, Sabretooth/Storm (despite how much I DISLIKE this pairing) works with the story.



You must login () to review.