Author's Chapter Notes:
I saw this as an adoption on the forum and couldn't get it out of my head. Mika asked for a piece that started with Storm finding a lump all the way through. I took a little bit of a detour and put my own spin on it but I think it works out the way she wanted it. Thanks to Mika, AngelAloft and Beautiful Storm for helping me get this off the ground.

Disclaimer: Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean and Hank all belong to Marvel. Only one I own is the baby. I have nothing so suing me would only get you a extreme amount of debt and one very angry person.
"I remember it as if it was yesterday. Yer mama accepted tha proposal from tha asshole and she begged me ta be at tha weddin'. Tore my heart out, but I did as she asked, sat there in tha front row next ta One eye, Jeannie, and Remy. I held her as close as I could when I could finally get some dancin time with her. I wiped her tears as she headed off for tha honeymoon and her new life in Africa.

Three months after she left I went back ta Canada. Someone had contacted me that they knew part of my past and I could tell that this wasn't gonna be another mindbender. I wasn't up there long when I woke up in tha middle of tha night ta poundin on my door. Never thought I'd be outta bed quicker than when I realized that it was her and somethin was wrong. There had been somethin off about her at tha wedding but I couldn't put my finger on it and that night I could almost smell it. Hours passed keeping her in my arms as she cried then fell asleep, her fingers wrapped so tightly around my arm that there was no way ta put her down. It wasn't until almost a week later that she finally told me that she had found somethin in her breast. That bastard wouldn't listen and it wasn't until it felt bigger that she panicked worse.

My claws itched not ta find him and gut him, but I knew it wouldn't solve anything. My stomach fell tha first time I felt it for myself. She was so beautiful lyin on my bed and I lost my senses cupping her breast, my ring finger pushing in a little and feeling the lump. Yer ma watched and I could tell she was scared, scared of tha lump that was growing in her, scared that I would leave her."

Logan shifted in the rocking chair not knowing anyone was listening to him other than the barely two month old in his arms.

"We headed back here knowin that ya Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Henry would be tha ones ta know what ta do. Every night we stopped so ya mama could sleep I felt for it, part of me hopin that it would go away on its own but part of me havin ta know if it was any different than tha day before. It took us two days for me ta get her back here. Ya aunt Jeannie couldn't believe tha notes I had on it when we finally arrived. There was still a few weeks of classes left and we didn't want tha kids ta know what was goin on yet. Jeannie took her inta tha city claiming a business trip, but a few of tha adults knew that wasn't what they were up ta.

That night I cradled her in my lap keeping her as close as possible when Jeannie told us that it was gonna have ta be operated on. Tears fell down ya mama's cheeks along with Jeannie and ya aunt Marie's, while the animal side of me just tore through me wantin out ta hurt someone as bad as tha answers were hurtin tha rest of us. Don't think anyone had seen Chuck, I mean Professor, move so fast to set up a divorce for yer ma. Asshole wasn't gonna let any medical shit happen when she called and told him. The Professor helped her do tha paperwork and I took One-eye and headed for tha city. There wasn't any way she was goin for anything until I had something ta show her that she wasn't alone.

It was two months ta tha day she showed up on my cabin doorstep that I put a ring on ya ma's finger. Promised her that no matter what was ta come that I would always be there with her. Jeannie made sure that tha ring stayed on durin tha operation and that when it was safe ta move her, ya ma was brought right back here. She'd do the recoverin' where she was tha safest and Hank made sure all tha equipment was top of tha line. Hell, he even made sure that tha wait was only days instead of tha weeks that it should have been for the results. I spent my hours during that operation in tha danger room here. Even though it was my Oro in tha room bein cut open I couldn't stand being there for that very same reason. Never did like knowin that someone had their hands on her.

Tha second that she was back on tha grounds again no one could keep me from her. Learned ta change tha bandage and make sure that it wasn't infected. Even when she couldn't stand lookin at herself thinkin that she could lose her breast I wasn't deterred from her. We learned a coupla days later that she was carryin' ya. Jeannie tried telling us that tha results were needed ta know where ta go, but yer ma was adamant on keepin you. Cancer or no, there was no way that we were wasting a miracle. I felt ya moving in her and prayed for tha first time in years for tha answer ta be positive. All said and done we spent nearly three months in hell trying ta make sure yer ma was good. Three months for ya aunt Jeannie and Hank ta tell us that they were sure she wouldn't have ta have any more surgeries for it. Still worry about her when I feel somethin in there, but they keep telling us that I'm imagining things."

Logan slowly got up seeing that the tiny angel in his arms had fallen asleep. He laid her down in the crib.

"Ya may be too young ta know what I'm ramblin about, but just remember this, yer Mama is the strongest person in this world. Not only has she gone up against Magento and Sinster without batting an eye, she looked inta tha face of her own demons, from her own body, and came out stronger."


Chapter End Notes:
There is a part two in Oro's words but I'm not quite finished with it. Hopefully this weekend I can have it done.



You must login () to review.