Author's Chapter Notes:
I saw this as an adoption on the forum and couldn't get it out of my head. Mika asked for a piece that started with Storm finding a lump all the way through. I took a little bit of a detour and put my own spin on it but I think it works out the way she wanted it. Thanks to Mika, AngelAloft and Beautiful Storm for helping me get this off the ground. Disclaimer: Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean and Hank all belong to Marvel. Only one I own is the baby. I have nothing so suing me would only get you a extreme amount of debt and one very angry person.
Oro sat patiently listening as the girls talked about their hopes, dreams and fears. She knew about all of them very well being their trusted confidant. She knew of Kitty's love for Peter as well as Rogue's late night walks with Remy trying to come to grips with their relationship. It would surprise most just how much she knew of the children's lives as she wasn't gifted with telepathy.

"Miss Munroe?" one of the girls caught her attention. "What was or is your greatest fear?"

"My greatest fear is something I live with every day." she said, while getting comfortable. "I fear losing my life with Wolverine."

The girls looked at her and surprisingly it was a new girl who asked how they had started. Oro looked down as she took a drink of the water that was next to her.

"Wolverine and I were very close for a number of years. I made a very foolish mistake by accepting the proposal from another. At the time Wolverine wanted to know more about his past than to think of the future. Thus I was married and returned to Africa within a matter of months. Never once did I think I would ever say goodbye to him because we do not believe in the words."

"My head was filled with the thoughts of him attending my wedding even though he was not my husband. The way he held me so protectively as we danced and how gentle he was while he wiped my tears before I left. It was his whispered promise that always rang in my ears though, 'If anything happens, if you need anything, I'll come running.'

Almost three months after those words I felt very off and figured it might have been a pregnancy. I did not trust the healer that T'Challa called to our home and dismissed it as quickly as I could. He was angry with me for it and told me that he would never call for a healer again."

Oro swallowed not realizing the more she told the more others began to sit and listen to her as she would listen to the elder's in the tribe. "Not long after the discussion I was smoothing oil over my skin when I felt something in my breast. I tried to get T'Challa to find me a healer, but he laughed at me. I left that night in a blind panic not knowing where I was going, but knowing I was not staying in Wakanda. I followed my heart and before I knew it I was looking into Logan's eyes."

"No words were needed between us and he held me while I cried myself to sleep. It took me a week to be able to finally tell him the truth of why I was there with him. His reaction was a surprise in a way because as much as I expected him to leave me there to go after T'Challa, he stayed with me. He was the one that made the decision to bring me to Jean and Hank."

"We could have flown back which would have been quicker, but we took his bike back. At night he would find a place with a soft bed for us to sleep in and when I was safely in his arms, he would check my breast. Logan knew everything by the time we reached the mansion and handed them the information. Jean, Hank, Scott, Logan, The Professor and I spoke of it at night while everyone else slept and we decided to keep it quiet so as not to scare everyone. Jean took me into the city to have the tests run and brought everything back to read the results."

Oro glanced back seeing that Logan had joined them and rested back into her husband's embrace. "When they told me that I would have to have the lump removed, Logan was the one that kept me sane. He held me as I cried for a while then called T'Challa to tell him of the findings. I was expressly told that there would be no outside medical assistance and someone would be sent to bring me back home. Professor Xavier went to start my divorce from him the second that I told the others. "

Her thumb traced the bands on her finger as she glanced down at the small engagement ring and the wedding band. "Two days before I went in to have the lump removed, I was engaged to Logan the way it always should have been. We knew it would take a few months to get the divorced finalized, but that did not matter. I had something to hold onto while everything else was in chaos. The ring never came off my finger even while I was in surgery. After the surgery I couldn't even look at the incision. My breast was still there, but it still disturbed me. I was grateful to have Jean there to show Logan everything because there was no way I would have been able to take care of it. I talked to Jean a couple days later telling her that I still was not feeling right and we thought I was having a reaction to the medication. Blood tests were ran and we were told that I was carrying a child. Nothing could have dampened the sudden hope I had for the future. I was carrying Logan's child and there was nothing that would take that from me."

"A week after I found out that I was pregnant, Jean and Hank gave us the results from the biopsy; there was no cancer. Part of me rejoiced at knowing that I wouldn't have to go through the chemotherapy or radiation, but another part of me still feared that even though I was carrying his child Logan would leave me."

"In total my fear lasted for three months not knowing if I would live or if I would lose the love of my life forever. I was seven months pregnant when the divorce went through and walking down the aisle to marry Wolverine. I still fear losing him every time there is a mission we have to go on or when pat of his past surfaces but I'm learning to just live my life and trust in our love."

She looked around seeing all her friends, family and the students that stayed for summer vacation watching her. Oro glanced back at her husband and smiled seeing the love in his eyes for her even as she knew that his own memories of the events might have been slightly different. "If all of you take nothing from this please take this to heart. Never second guess yourself when it comes to your body. Make sure that whatever it is, you get it checked. Also never let your fears determine your future, go after what you want with both hands."


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me while I tried to do the idea justice.

Mika- I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for the chance to write it.
Angel- Thank you for your time and help making sure I did everything right.
Storm- Thanks the the kick to keep trying to write it the way it should be written.



You must login () to review.