"We have captured the X-men," someone said over an intercom.

"Good," Red Queen said. "Put them in the room next door. I'm amazed at my agent's ability to capture the X-men. However, I'll send out a guard, just in case. If your friends are planning any nasty surprises, Storm, they will find the Sisterhood ready for them.

"In the meantime, we'll continue with your examination. You know, Ororo, you really shouldn't fight my psychic probes. The harder you resist, the more this will hurt.

"I don't want to hurt you, my dear; I want us to be..." she placed her hand on Storm's head. "...friends."

Storm cried out in agony. Just like you were with my clone, Red Queen thought.

XXXXX

In the next room over, Logan could hear Storm's cries. He tried to slice through his restraints, but they seemed resistant to adamantium. All he could do was listen to Storm's screams and cries.

XXXXX

Hawk winced as Storm's pain came rushing at her. She quickly put up her blocks before the pain got any worse.

"Storm?" Dazzler asked.

Hawk nodded. "We've got to get in there soon."

"Why?"

"Storm's still not over the Shadow King attack."

"Ooh, I heard about that."

"Yeah, well, if they keep doin' what they're doin' to her, she's gonna die- or at least become a brainless vegetable."

XXXXX

Shadowcat slipped down first. She quickly found the room where Wolverine, Colossus, and Professor X were being held, and released Wolverine first. Then looked around for Storm. "Where's Storm?"

"In one of the rooms farther down," Wolverine growled angrily, and Kitty knew it wasn't directed at her.

Nightcrawler, Rogue, Iceman, Hawk, and Dazzler appeared just then. They hadn't even settled down for a second before guards came out at them. "'K, Dazzler, you're on," Hawk said.

"Y'all might want to cover your eyes."

Hawk crept out and headed to the room next door.

XXXXX

"The X-men's 'Trojan Horse' gambit paid off, but they have awhile before they reach this lab," Red Queen said. "And when they do, all they'll find is a mindless thing that's human only in form."

"Is that so?" someone called from behind her. Red Queen turned to see a teenager standing behind her.

"And just who might you be?"

"Name's Crystal Hawk," Hawk replied in the same manner. "And you?"

"The Red Queen."

Hawk looked up in the rafters, and saw goblins. Hundreds of them. "Red Queen? More like Goblin Queen if you ask me." That was when the Goblin Queen attacked her telepathically.

XXXXX

Hawk defended herself with her own psychic abilities. At first, they were pretty much evenly matched. Then, Hawk pushed it farther by planting doubts and dark possibilities in Goblin Queen's head, and the Goblin Queen retaliated by creating a huge psi-bolt that struck Hawk's shield she created, then passed out, as Wolverine came in. "Storm!"

Unsheathing his claws, Wolverine cut Storm down. "Okay, let's get outta here," Hawk said. Just when they were about to get out of the room, Hawk stopped abruptly at the door. "Uh-oh," she said, looking around distantly, as if she saw something that wasn't there. "Too late." She sensed the explosion, a millisecond before it happened. "Down!"

The roof started to come down on them, and Hawk only had that split second to put a shield up around her. Wolverine used his own body to shield Storm's.

XXXXX

A girl with purple hair attacked Dazzler. She kicked Dazzler in the gut, then sent her flying to the opposite wall. A purple katana suddenly appeared in her hand. Oh no you don't, Dazzler thought, releasing all of her stored sound energy and created a laser beam out of it. The laser beam struck the other girl's face, practically melting half of it. Then, the girl strikes her katana to her own head, and dies.





You must login () to review.