After they had gotten back from the white house, there was some suspicious mutant activity going on at Alkali Lake. Storm, Jean, Logan and Scott were deployed to go. Jean had insisted on going because she wanted to prove that she can do things, even if she was blind. Storm landed the jet, and they all walked out. When they reached the lake, Logan gave a low whistle. "They should've let the water run more often."

"Let's hope that the complex is destroyed," Storm said. "Completely."

"Why, Storm?" Scott asked. Jean hid a smile.

"I wanted to use my lightning to destroy the place. Especially if Stryker was in there. But, Magneto beat me to the punch there."

"You know the Professor never would have let you, right?" Jean asked.

"It was probably going to be worth asking."

They started to wonder around the edges of the lake. Suddenly, there was a large thump on the ground. They all turned to see a large massive man standing there. "Who's the fat guy?" Logan sneered.

"Did you just call me fat?" the other mutant bellowed. "No one calls the Blob, fat!"

"Blob?" Jean whispered to Storm. "Who has a codename like that?"

Blob started to charge at them. Jean dodged to the side, Logan dodged to the other side, Storm went airborne, and Scott shot his optic blasts. They didn't do anything, except a few lacerations. Blob jumped, and smashed his fist into the ground. Scott was caught up in the effects of it, and flew off into the air. Logan lunged toward him, claws extended. It didn't do any damage at all. He swung Logan through the air, and Logan caught Storm, causing them both to fall. The wind was knocked out of her, but she didn't have to fall far. She shook her head to clear it, just as Blob turned to them again.

Logan lunged forward again, with his claws. As soon as Logan made contact, he raised his other set. "Storm!"

Storm knew what he wanted, and shot a lightning bolt at him. Then Logan released Blob, and Storm brought another bolt that shot Blob into the air. Scott used his beams to shoot him farther. "Scott, don't!" Jean cried.

But it was too late. Blob was almost to the water. Storm and Logan made a rush for the jet, they knew what was about to happen. Scott followed with Jean. Storm tried to start the jet, but it wouldn't start. Scott was helping out, but nothing worked.

XX

Jean couldn't take it anymore, and went out of the jet. Suddenly, there was a loud splash. "Where's Jean?" She heard Scott say. She was using her telepathy to access Scott's eyes to see, and her other senses to find her way out. She used her Telekinesis to start the jet, and, as the water reached her, used it to wrap herself out into a cocoon.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: Okay, this is sooo not my best. But I needed to cause a title wave to kill Jean. Like I said before, Jean doesn't DIE in the novel. She lives and is blind... not sure if I mentioned that earlier. So, do you guys have anything to add about this? Perhaps any info on Blob? PLease, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.



You must login () to review.