It was about three days since Jeans death. Storm was in her green house after the memorial service, watering her plants with her clouds. It wasn't hard considering her current emotion. Jean had been her best friend since the Professor found her on Mount Kilimanjaro. Now, she was gone. She didn't come home. In fact, the mansion hardly felt like home without her. Storm had considered leaving, but she knew she would miss the kids too much.

There was a knock on the door. She didn't need to turn around to see who it was; she had sensed his approach. She quickly wiped away her tears, before he could see them. "What is it, Logan?"

Logan shrugged. "Just comin' to see if you're okay. The weather looks a bit dreary."

Storm clenched her fist. She was trying to confine that to her plants. "Storm?" Logan asked.

"I'm fine, Logan," Storm replied, her voice faltering ever so slightly.

Logan didn't believe her, and waited for her to continue. Storm knew he wasn't going to leave until he got his answers. "It's just that, Jean's been my best friend since I was a teenager. She and the Professor found me. It's hard to believe that she's gone."

Storm started to cry, not because she wanted to, but because she couldn't hold it back any longer. Logan wrapped his arms around her shoulders, in a comforting embrace. Storm knew that he was feeling the same way she was, if not worse. He was just stronger than her, and, as much as Storm hated it, she admired him for that. She gave in to his embrace, and realized something. He hadn't left the mansion, and hadn't tipped off anyone that he was going to. He had found a home, left, and found his way back. She guessed that no matter what, you'd always find your way back home.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: How's the ending? I'm a little tired, so I can't really get much out of my brain. Does it need more?



You must login () to review.