Storm and Logan were out walking along the shores of a river in a forest. Just having Storm with him was enough to make Logan happy. Then, she vanished and Logan found himself back at the Alkali Lake base. A familiar figure started to approached him. Stryker? Logan thought.

"Hello there, Wolverine," he said. "Remember me?"


Logan shot up in his bed, claws extended. He realized he was in his room. Someone flinched and shifted next to him. Logan then remembered Storm was there. It was a little weird, having him next to her every night; but, at the same time, it was also soothing. There was some blood trickling down her arm, and Logan noticed a small scratch on her arm. it wasn't serious, so he saw no reason to wake her.

He slowly got out of bed, being careful not to wake Storm, and walked out onto the balcony.

XXXXXXX

Storm awoke with a jolt. She had been dreaming about a waterfall in Kenya, and how she and Logan had gone swimming in it. The water turned red, for some reason, and Logan vanished, and that was when she woke up.

She felt something trickling down her arm, and saw a cut on her arm where something had scratched her. Now I know why the water turned red, she thought. She looked over her shoulder and saw that Logan wasn't wasn't there. "Logan?" she asked. She felt a slight breeze and knew that Logan was on the balcony.

Grabbing her robe, she stopped at the entrance, knowing full well that he would've sensed her coming. "Did I wake you?" he asked, without turning around to look at her.

Storm stepped out onto the balcony and shook her head. "No, I woke up on my own. Then I found out you left me a small gift."

She was trying to lighten the mood a little, but she, instead, got a bitter snort from him. "What's wrong, Logan?"

"Nothin' darlin'."

"Is it the nightmares?" she pressed.

Logan sighed, and turned to look at her. "You're not going to give up are you?"

"Logan, we have no secrets between each other, remember? That means we tell each other everything."

"I dreamt that Stryker was back."

Storm was a little shocked at that, and wondered why he would dream that. "Anything serious?" she asked instead.

Logan shook his head. "That was when I woke up and left the present."

Storm smiled amusingly, but still saw that Logan was in a sullen mood. "Come back to bed, Logan," she said, coming up behind him and placing her arms- while standing on her tip-toes- around his neck. He took one of her hands and placed it against his cheek. Then, he turned around, making Storm let go and get off her tip-toes, and kissed her. She started to wrap her arms around his neck again, and walked backwards toward the bed.





You must login () to review.