Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm not too happy with this chapter, but it should satisfy some of you.
Hawk and Rogue took the jet up into the sky. "Do you know where he's taken her?" Rogue asked.

"I have Sky on their trail, Isis is on the ground, also on their trail. If she gets within range, she has permission to attack."

"What?" Logan called from the back.

"As long Storm's not within range," Hawk said, looking back at him. "Sheesh, you act like I'm signing her death warrant or somethin'."

They flew in the air for about fifteen minutes before Hawk got the call. Hey, Hawk, Sky called.

What is it, Sky?

What was that place that Wolverine became Wolverine?

"You've got to be kidding me," Hawk muttered. Alkali Lake?

Yup, that's where he's taken her.

"Great," Hawk muttered. "Logan, you might not want to know where exactly where we're goin'."

"Why?" Rogue and Logan asked as Hawk put in the coordinates.

"Uh, let's just say that it's the place where someone got some metal claws."

"Alkali Lake." Logan said. It was more of a statement than a question.

"Great," Rogue growled. "That brings back such glorious memories."

Hawk pressed a couple of buttons and directed the jet on it's course.

XXXXXXX

They landed the jet and found the complex in tact. "Didn't the flood destroy this place?" Hawk asked.

"Apparently they rebuilt it," Logan said.

Hawk stopped at the door. "Hawk, let's go."

"Logan... I think they're waiting for us."

"All the better," Logan said unsheathing his claws. Then he broke the door down, and rushed in. The girls followed.

Logan rushed into the main room at the center of the complex. Apparently, when they had rebuilt it, they only had one thing in mind, and therefore only put corridors with about two rooms each, and then main room at the center. When Logan got there, Sabretooth was there, smiling. "Well, well, well," he said. "Look who's come back for his girl."

"Where is she, Creed?" Logan demanded.

Sabretooth laughed. "Wolverine, I don't think you're in any position to negotiate."

"I am," Hawk stepped forward. "Now, tell us, Sabretooth. Tell us where Storm is, or so help me, I will roast you like a turkey on Thanksgiving." She flicked her palms open for her fireballs to show that she was serious.

"I'd listen to her if I were you, Creed," Logan said. "When she gets like that, it's not easy to talk her down."

"You really think she'll roast me?" Sabretooth laughed. "We'll see how that turns out when I cut her throat like I did with her pretty little sister."

Logan knew that would get Hawk started. "Hawk, not yet, not until we get Storm."

"One more comment like that from him, Logan, and I'm roastin' him whether you like it or not."

Sabretooth growled, and then a new voice came out from behind him. "Victor, stand down."

A tall man, probably in his early fifties, came out of the hall behind him. Logan looked at him in shock. "I knew you'd come, Wolverine," the other man said. "I see you brought back my other experiment. The one that was never completed."

Logan looked at Hawk behind him. "You know him?"

"I think so..." Hawk said slowly, eyes distant. Then she gasped. "He wanted my mother to put Crystal through a procedure that would more than likely kill her. Him... and some other guy."

"Only to make your sister as powerful as you," the man said.

"Liar."

"Wait, a second," Rogue said. "Hold on, I thought you were supposed to be obliterated when the flood came."

"You're, right, I was; but, a six-armed woman came and saved me before the water could reach me."

"Spiral," Logan heard Hawk mutter. "What on earth did she save him for?"

"So what do you want Storm for, Stryker?" Logan growled.





You must login () to review.