Logan- Wolverine- looked around Ororo Munroe's- Storm- jewelry box. He was looking for something... something that would tell him what he needed so that he could go forward with his plan. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice. "Like a river flows, that's the way it goes; I just can't help fallin' in love with you(Fallin' in love with you). "

Uh-oh, Logan thought. He'd know that voice anywhere. It was Ashley- Hawk, or Crystal Hawk- the biggest eavesdropping, snooping prankster on the planet. It was only a matter of seconds before-

"What are you doing?" she asked, coming into the doorway.

Busted, he thought. He sighed as he turned to look at her, there was only one way out of this. "Do you think you can keep quiet about somethin'?"

"Depends on what it is," Hawk replied with an evil look on her face, and a wicked smile crossing her lips. He was going to regret this. "I'm goin' to propose to, 'Ro."

Hawk gasped, and covered her mouth to muffle a shriek. "Spill."

"You have to keep quiet about this, Hawk."

"Okay, okay, just tell me why you're in here. Or else I'm telling Storm."

"I need to find out her ring size."

"That's easy, she's about a six."

"Thanks, Hawk."

"No problem. Now, I'm gonna go tell her," Hawk said, heading out the door.

"What?"

"April Fools," Hawk said coming back in. "Wait a minute, hasn't it only been a couple of months since you two've been goin' out?"

"Yeah."

"Why so soon? I mean, it's only a couple of months."

"So? I knew a couple of years before then."

"When you were attracted to Jean."

Don't push it, girlie, Logan thought.

Hawk scowled at him, and he knew that she had read his thoughts. He just smirked at her, and she rolled her eyes, looking back down at her iPod. "Whatever, Logan."

"What are you two doing in here?" Storm asked, coming in.

"Logan was snooping around in here," Hawk said. Storm looked at him, as he looked at Hawk incredulously. "April Fools. But, seriously, Logan was lookin' around in here for somethin'. Maybe trying to steal your ruby?"

Storm shot him a murderous look, and he tried to make himself look innocent to Storm, while also appearing fierce toward Hawk. Hawk laughed at that. "April Fools."

"Hawk," Storm said, slightly annoyed, but also slightly amused.

"What? I'm in the mood."

"And today's the one and only day where you get to pull off your pranks without getting in trouble. So long as the pranks are harmless."

"And I'm taking advantage of every moment." Then she left them.

Storm leaned against the door frame. "So, what exactly are you in here for, Logan?"

Great, thanks alot Hawk, Logan thought, quickly coming up with an excuse. "I thought I left my wallet in here."

"You're wallet?" Storm asked skeptically.

"Yup."

"Logan, you hardly ever come in here."

"So?" He took his wallet out of his back pocket and carefully placed it behind him so wouldn't notice. "It's also been awhile since I've actually used it so-"

"Okay, I'm just going to pretend this never happened, and let you off with a warning."

"Great," Logan said, pretending to reach out behind him casually. He grabbed the wallet. "Would you look at that?" he said, holding it up.

"Now that you found it," Storm said, "perhaps you can get out of my room now?"

"Sure, Storm," Logan said, walking towards the door. Just as he started to pass her, he leaned toward her and gently kissed her, before leaving.

XXXXXX

When he was gone, Storm turned the dresser, and noticed her jewelry box open. Why would he be looking for his wallet in there? She thought.

XXXXXX

"Seriously?" a voice called above Logan. He looked up to see Hawk as she jumped down from the air vent, and landed right in front of him. "'I lost my wallet?'"

"Were you eavesdropping again?" Logan demanded. As they walked to the Grand Staircase.

"Might've been," Hawk said inconspicuously. "But that's not the point. Your wallet? What was that all about?"

"Well, thanks to you, I had to come up with something. Besides, it's not like she's going to figure it out."

Hawk looked at him, and laughed. "You better hope not. She's already suspicious. In fact, she's wondering why you would be looking for your wallet in her jewelry box."

"How do you know that?"

"I may have read her thoughts." She replied in the same tone that she used earlier.

Logan glared at her. "What have you been told about that?"

"What? Did I say I did? No. I said I may have. There's a difference there. Besides, unlike you, Logan, I can actually pull what you just did off with something legit. What you just did, that's one of the oldest tricks in the book."

"And how would you know that?" Logan asked, feigning curiosity.

"Logan, I'm a master manipulator; I know just about every trick and excuse there is. And trust me, that's one of the oldest one there is."

They reached the staircase, and Hawk saw her friend, Rogue. "Hey, Rogue! Got somethin' to tell ya!"

Logan blanched. April Fools, Hawk said telepathically.

XXXXXX

"What is it, Hawk?" Rogue asked as the younger girl caught up to her. Hawk looked around. "Come with me, I can't say it out in the open."

They went into one of the common rooms...

XXXXXX

Logan was about to mount his bike, when a voice stopped him.

"Going somewhere, Logan?"

Logan knew this was going to be trouble. "The mall." He replied.

"Not without us, you're not."

Logan turned around to see Rogue standing there with Hawk. "You told her?"

"What?" Hawk asked, innocently. "I didn't think you'd mind, since she's almost like a daughter to you.

"Besides, with her knowing you the best, and I knowing the Storm the best; who better to take you than us?"

"And we are not takin' that hunk of junk with us," Rogue said, her Mississippi accent coming out, as she took out a set of keys, and unlocked the doors to a cherry red, Mustang convertible. "Has the speed of your motorbike, plus a roof that goes down in good weather, and up when Storm is in one of her moods." Hawk elbowed her.

"Shot gun!" Hawk called.

Logan beat her to it.

"Sorry, darlin'," Rogue said. "But I'm drivin', and Logan's gettin' that seat. Maybe next time."

"As long as the roof is down, we're good."

XXXXXX

"What is our assignment?" the Marauder asked his boss.

"Kill all of the sewer dwelling mutants," the pale faced man said. "I don't want any survivors."

"Yes, sir."

"Now," the man said. He was tall, with a face as pale as a vampire, and a ruby in the center of his forehead. "The world will know about Mr. Sinister, and meet the next generation of mutants with abilities they can't even imagine."





You must login () to review.