Disclaimer: Marvel owns em.

He did the only logical thing, he followed Storm. Jean was suffering, her composure was gone and she was in grief. But he couldn't smell defeat on her, she wouldn't do anything stupid, at least not tonight. But even though Storm seemed like the most level-headed and calm person in that room, he knew what she was battling on he inside. She was enraged, he had seen it in her eyes when she had briefly caught his eye while walking out. It wasn't safe to leave her alone.

As expected she was on top of the roof, watching as the weather slowly steered out of control. She didn't even try to hold it back, let the anger flow out of her, causing the elements to bend under her will.

"You mind toning it down a bit 'Ro?" Smirking coldly, she sent a gust of wind barreling into his chest. If it wasn't for his keen reflexes he would have been rubbing his rump for a week from the nice drop to the first floor. She wasn't much for subtlety. But he didn't back down. "You'll catch your death out here," he grumbled, "you probably have some skimpy little thing under that robe."

"Actually," her eyes glowed playfully for a second. "I'm in the nude under this robe." To emphasize her point she summoned a gust of wind to ruffle the bottom of her robe, parting it slightly, leaving little to the imagination. Before he could help it, he growled lustfully.

"That's the second time. You're gettin' pretty good at shockin' the pants off me darlin'." He hoped he didn't just imagine the glimmer of a smile in her eyes.

Sauntering over to him, she placed her hand at his belt buckle, causing him to eye her cautiously. "Really?"

She began to move away but he caught her wrist, gently tracing tiny circles on the inside of it with his thumb. "Yea really."

And suddenly a frown replaced the shy smile and she gazed at him expectantly. "Well ask."

"Ask what darlin'?" But he already knew what the question was going to be.

"If I slept with Cyclops."

"I know you didn't."

She chuckled in response. "Funny everyone else seems to think I am the slut in the mansion. Rogue thinks I slept with Remy, Jean thinks I slept with Scott. You better be careful or they will think

I'm having an affair with you too."

"I wouldn't mind that rumor it would be an accomplishment for a tough ass midget like me to get you into bed. Besides I kinda wish those rumors were true I wouldn't mind havin' a nice romp fest with

ya."

Delicious laughter, he had succeeded. He couldn't remember the last time he had heard her laugh, and now he realized he had missed it all those months in Canada. It was a true rarity and he had always thrived in the moments when she graced him with that gift. Sadly he was one of the few that would hear the melody.

"So you mind cuttin' the waterworks?" With the wave of a hand the clouds parted and the stars sparkled in the sky, the moon spreading an eerie glow over the estate. It seemed to focus on her face, the white-bluish light bringing an ethereal glow to her already exotic features. "I'm gonna go down and watch the news to further depress myself, you wanna join me?"

Smiling reassuringly, she patted his hand. "I will join you shortly . . ." Nodding his head, he jumped down through the sky light.

She furrowed her brow. She had meant to put a 'my friend' to the end of that statement but when she got to it the word stuck in her throat. It seemed like a foreign term on her tongue. That should have worried her but a sudden calm spread over her features. Right now she needed something like this. Right now she needed HIM. But her confidence faltered slightly. Would he want her? Or was he only making a light-hearted joke? Shrugging her shoulders she called on a breeze and feather-light floated down into her loft. There was only one way to find out.

She found him in the den and as soon as she made her presence known he switched the channel. She smiled inwardly, her protector. He had always wanted to hide her from the evils of the anti-mutant world. Although it was impossible to do so in their line of work, she still found the action comfortable and endearing.

Her eyes caught the screen and she grinned. "Nice news report." He furrowed his brow and followed her gaze. His cheeks glowed when he noticed that he had switched to one of the many porno channels.

"Who ordered that smut anyway? That was not here when I left."

"I haven't the slightest." It was obvious he was getting aggravated but she couldn't stop smiling. "It's quite all right Logan," she ruffled his hair playfully before plopping down beside him, "I know you don't need a channel to see this." His cheeks flushed again but she could feel him relax.

Sighing contentedly she leaned against him. Logan tried to hide his grin as he draped his arm possessively around her shoulders. A smile tugged at her lips as she reached up her hand and entwined her fingers with his, her nails gently stroking the inside of his palm. The TV was off and they just stared at the blank screen. "I don't need your protection."

"I think ya do."

"You KNOW that I don't."

"Stop bein' so stubborn woman, I protect you because I care for ya." Her mouth closed momentarily and her eyes widened from the shock. It was not often that he would speak of his affection for someone out loud. Of course she had always known he cared for her, his actions had always clearly shown it. But this was the first time he had ever told her. She wondered why he had decided to tell her now . . .

"Thank you Logan. What you said is much appreciated. And of course I feel the same for you."

This was such an intimate moment, one that would usually end with the couple sharing a tender kiss. No . . . His mind was wandering. He heard her sigh and she shrugged off his arm, was she just as frustrated about this as he was?

Placing his hand on his knee, he drummed his fingers. It was too quiet, they had never had problems with silence before. There had always been some sort of conversation, even if it was her yelling at him to take his feet off the coffee table. Even if there was a silence between them it had always been a comfortable one. But this one hung in the air, tense and heavy. What had happened to them lately?

And then he noticed the gentle brush of her fingertips. She was biting her lip, watching her own fingers as they stroked his hand. They brushed over the space between his knuckles where his claws hid just beneath the surface. His breath caught, his skin had always been most sensitive there.

He watched, frozen, as her eyes drifted up to his face and before she asked the harsh *snikt* of his claws sliding out echoed in the quiet room. The slight pain gnawed at the back of his mind, more a comfort then anything now. He could have sworn he saw a glint in her exotically, almond-shaped eyes. And then pain shot through his arm and he grasped her hand, almost painfully. "It hasn't healed yet," he hissed out, feeling the tug of his skin building around the claws.

"I didn't know it hurts you." Her brow furrowed and she gazed at him, she had hurt him. She could see his eyes darting every which way, he wouldn't meet her intense stare. He was nervous, it dawned on her. Logan had NEVER been nervous before.

"It ain't that bad." But he could see the worry etched in the sky blue eyes. "Don't worry about it darlin'. It's almost like a security blanket for me now. I would feel weird without the sting."

She just nodded as her eyes roamed over the slick and bright adamantium. Her fingers ran over the top of each one and he had to blink repeatedly, making sure this was happening. Just with this simple thing she was making him more hot then anyone should be allowed to. And then as if not knowing that it would hurt her, she ran a fingertip over the sharp edge.

He saw the crimson of blood smear over the metal. "What are you doin'? Are you crazy?" Bringing her finger up to her lips, she sucked gently on it and then leaned down, as he watched mesmerized, and ran her tongue across the claw, lapping up the blood. These cold weapons, his torture, and others nightmares, were now a symbol of a sensual act that would be implanted in his mind forever.

Tiny beads of blood escaped the confines of her skin and she brought the finger to her lips once again, sucking on lifes liquid. Part of her genetic mutation had enabled her body to heal, the skin stretching and covering the revealed flesh. She was somewhat relieved when the tiny laceration disappeared, she could see the metallic smell of blood was playing with his nerves. But she couldn't deny the fact that the animalistic glint in his eyes had stirred something deep inside her. "So they just involuntarily pop out when you get aroused?"

He blushed furiously. Where had this sudden shamelessness come from? The Ororo he remembered would hardly think such a thing, let alone voice it. But the woman sitting beside him was brutally honest and upfront, and if that wasn't enough, she was incredibly, undeniably, the sexiest creature he had ever laid his eyes upon. How had he missed this before? Clearing his throat, he shifted slightly. "Yea um that's basically what happens."

"But I've never seen the slide out when you were with Jean."

"That's because it has never happened around Red. She's never done anything to get me goin'."

He had to withhold the grin when he saw her eyes widen in amazement. "Really?" Her voice was filled with shock, and skepticism, he noticed bitterly.

"Nope, and I don't think anyone ever caused me to do that 'cept you." Come on 'Ro you're a smart girl. Why can't you just open those baby-blue eyes and realize you are damn well the sexiest woman that ever walked this green earth."

"So I . . ." she stopped short. Was she overstepping her boundaries? Would he close himself off from her? She had gotten this far with him, gotten him to open up a new part of him to her, and she didn't want to lose it now.

"You're the only one that has ever caused that yeah." His hand skimmed her bare thigh and he was taken aback by the fact that she didn't flinch away, but spread her thighs slightly. Swallowing hard, his hand began to shake. "I guess you're the only one that's been that forward."

That was a surprise, she arched a curious eyebrow, "that's forward?"

"Hell yeah that is!"

"Uh uh," she shook her head, "I don't think it is." Swinging one leg over him, she straddled him, pressing against his pelvic bone, her forehead resting against his. "Now this," she arched her hips toward him, causing him to jump, " is forward."





You must login () to review.