Disclaimer: Ororo and Logan, as well as any other characters in this story are owned by Marvel.

In the end she had been right, he wasn't able to ignore her. He didn't even try. For once he decided to put his pride aside. No more games, he was going to tell her what he wanted. HER. No one else but her. He felt like a school boy as he made his way to her door that night. Stopping in front of it and staring at it for so long that when she opened it to exit her room she was startled by his presence.

"Goddess Logan! How long have you been standing there?"

Grinning sheepishly, he looked down at his hands. "Too damn long I think." She was shocked to see his sudden bashfulness. Even without keen senses like his, she could tell he was nervous. "Look 'Ro, I've never done this, this way before. It was always a chase, a competition of will power. And I would always win in the end. But I know what I want now, and I don't want to waste time playin' the game. What I mean to say is . . . Darlin' I . . ."

She smiled sweetly and placed the tip of her finger against his lips, quieting him. "Shhh, just don't say anything anymore." Stepping aside she let him into the darkness of her room. He made his way in cautiously, his eyes darting back and forth in exploration. "Goodness Logan, it is not a battlefield, just a womans room."

He growled good-naturedly at her constant teasing. Yes this was a womans room, her room. Her delicate scent evident on every item, every piece of furniture. He inhaled it and felt his nervousness disappear. "Ororo, I don't really know what I'm doing here....Errr...that is, I do...But..."

Biting her lip she tried not to giggle at his behavior. "Why Logan I've never seen you so flustered before."

Glaring at her in mock anger, he started prowling up to her. "So you think this is funny do ya?" Her eyes widened in fear and she started backing away from him.

"Logan no, don't do it."

"I know what can make you really laugh." Pouncing at her, he tumbled over the bed as she ducked away from him. She screamed and tried to hold back her laughter. She was so busy trying to get away that she didn't notice the pillow on the ground. Slipping on it she fell onto the bed, Logan behind her. In an array of covers and limbs they fell on the floor, both laughing uncontrollably.

Leaning forward he smoothed her snowy-white tresses out of her face and kissed her forehead. "I love ya 'Ro."

Her body stiffened and her eyes went wide. Had he actually said . . . Before she could question it, his lips were molding hers softly. Cradling her body in his arms, he picked her up and placed her on the bed.

That night had been crazy. Their love-making was silly and full of laughter. Later Logan told her that he'd never experienced something like that before, and that it had filled a hole in his heart. She had cried at his words, only to have her tears kissed away.

She smiled softly at all the memories. Everyone had known what had happened in her loft that night, and surprisingly enough, most of the team had accepted the new relationship without judgement.

Except Jean. Ororo frowned and looked up at the sky, closing her eyes and feeling a comfort from the light autumn breeze that ruffled her hair and caressed her skin. She missed her friend. Once they had been as close as sisters, but when Jean found out about Logans love for Ororo, she had been unable to handle it. She left without saying goodbye, and never returned.

Scott had been slightly shocked by her disappearance, but Ororo had helped him get through it. Now he was happy again, dating also. A non-mutant at that. It had shocked everyone when he had introduced her, and it had also brought hope. She was so open to all their differences, and became a part of their family. If she could be so accepting, maybe, just maybe. . .

Ororo sighed in contentment at the very thought that the world was getting open to their existence. Especially since . . . her hand drifted to her belly. It was still flat for now, but she knew what was coming. Smiling secretly to herself she tucked her legs under her and swung gently in the hammock that Logan had set up for her in the back of the mansion.

"Whatcha smilin' about chere?" She jumped slightly and grinned at the man that stepped out of the shade of the trees.

"Remy, what a pleasant surprise," patting the seat next to her, "please sit next to me." Without a single hesitation he settled himself next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, letting her snuggle into his chest. "I was just thinking. . . Remy, what would you think if I told you, you're going to be an uncle?"

She felt him jump and then he grabbed her shoulders, gazing into her eyes. "You serious petite? Is dis for real? You and Logan gonna have a lil one?" Smiling at his shocked face she only nodded, and laughed when he threw his arms around her. "Does he know?"

Frowning in contemplation she shook her head no. "I . . . I don't know how to tell him. What if he doesn't want to have a child?"

"Then I will personally fry his Canadian ass chere. But don't worry mon ami, Logan loves you. Anyone can tell. Well I need to get goin'." Placing a finger under her chin he titled her head up and kissed her forehead. "Go tell him chere."





You must login () to review.