Disclaimer: I don't own Logan, Ororo or any other characters, Marvel does. Well I own Xaria...but yah...hehe


She found him in the library, relaxed and bare-chested, reading one of the many war books in the collection. His desire was to learn about the past as much as he could, since he would probably never remember his own. Leaning against a shelf of books, she smiled softly as she watched him. He was beautiful, she realized. His body was perfection. Chiseled and hard. Muscles moving in fluid movements that would make any woman swoon.

Desire fluttered in her stomach and she waited until he realized she was there. She knew he could smell her arousal when his lips curled up in a mischievous grin and he closed the book. Placing it on the table, he crossed his arms and looked up at her. "Like what you see darlin'?"

Without a word, she pushed off the shelf and crossed her arms over her body, pulling her shirt up over her head. Arching a curious eyebrow in her direction, his smile widened and he opened up his arms for her. Sliding into his lap she leaned forward and nibbled gently at the space where his shoulder met his neck. One night she had found out that this was the place that made his toes curl in pleasure, his voice catch in a pleasurable groan in his throat. She felt his trembling hands rest on the curve of her hip. Moaning lightly in encouragement she kissed her way up his neck, tasting his flesh with her teeth. Nuzzling his ear, she started to rock her hips against him slowly, smiling to herself when she felt him start to match her rhythm. "Yes I do. Very much. You wouldn't mind if I took advantage of you, would you?"

Licking his lips he groaned loudly and crushed his lips to hers. "Damn woman, I would never be able to refuse you. You're a walking aphrodisiac do you know that?" Outlining her bottom lip with his finger, his eyes rolled in the back of his head and he growled lustfully when she sucked his finger into her mouth, her tongue gliding over it. "Ro, why are you torturing me like this. I know it's your time."

She stopped abruptly and stood, not looking in his direction. It almost made her laugh at his memory. Who needed a calendar when she had him. Well it was now or never. "Yes, you are correct. It, would be my time." Turning to face him she gazed into his eyes, hoping that he would understand, that she wouldn't have to go any further than that in explaining.

Furrowing his brow Logan stared at her. He had known something was off with her lately. He could smell it on her. But he couldn't place the smell, didn't know what to make of it. Now, when he listened to the tone of her voice when she spoke about her period, he knew something was up. "Darlin', is something wrong? Are you sick?" Her lip quirked up at the concern in his voice and eyes. This man did love her, Remy was right. She had no right to keep something like this from him. This baby was his as well, was a part of him.

Clearing her throat she walked over to him and placed her head in his lap. Almost instinctively his hand gently caressed her hair, knowing very well the gesture was comforting. "Logan, you . . .You are going to be a father."

His heart stopped. Had he heard her right. Taking hold of her shoulders he lifted her chin so she would look into his eyes. He could see the fear in them, fear of rejection. Tears brimmed his eyes. Not tears of regret, or pain. Of joy. She gasped in shock at his sudden move. Jumping out of the chair he wrapped his arms around her and spun her around. Over and over until she was dizzy. The sound of laughter filled the library.

When he finally put her down, her heart skipped a beat at the utter bliss in his eyes. She had never seen them shine so brightly. Lifting her shirt he rubbed her belly affectionately and then caught her gaze. "I'm going to be a daddy." It was more of a statement than a question, but the tone of his voice was so incredulous, so completely amazed. She only nodded and brushed the back of her hand down his cheek. Catching her wrist he kissed the inside of it and grinned. "Our baby is goin' to be gorgeous darlin'." A tear slid down her cheek and she snuggled into his open arms. OUR baby. It sounded too good to be true.

She had insisted that she didn't need to be married to have the child, but he knew better. Sneaking off to town one night he bought her the ring. The perfect ring. A simple silver band with four stones that represented the four elements. Earth, Water, Fire, and Air. What could be more fitting? He found her in the kitchen that night, a huge sandwich in front of her. She had been complaining about getting fat at first, but gave into the sinful pleasures of pregnancy. The midnight ice cream runs, and the famous sandwiches that Logan would always make for her.

This night she was sitting at the table, her chin propped up on the palm of her hand, flipping through an old magazine, the half eaten sandwich forgotten. "I'm soooo bored," she sighed when he walked in.

"Well then, let's just get married. It will give us something to do." She had arched one cloud-colored eyebrow at him.

"Not funny Canadian boy." And she stuck her tongue out at him. But her jaw dropped when she noticed the box in his hand. When he opened it her hand shot up to her mouth, stifling the gasp that escaped them.

"Marry me Ororo. I want to truly be the daddy of this child. And I want to call you mine. I want the whole world to see that you are mine, and that I am yours. Forever." Tears streamed down her cheeks and she flung herself into his arms. Kissing his lips, his cheeks, his neck. He heard her muffled reply over and over as she cried. YES. Yes.

It had been a small ceremony, in the mansion. Ororo wanted it that way, she wanted it to be in the place they called home, with the people that were their family. The baby came soon after. She was named Xaria. Logan had thought of it. When Ororo found out what it meant, she had fallen in love with it. Gift of love.

Now she sat up, cradling her new baby daughter to sleep. She could see Logan sprawled out on the bed, snoring lightly. He only snored when he was sleeping deeply, she had learned. He had told her that he had never slept so soundly before. That knowing she was at his side made all the nightmares disappear. She smiled to herself thinking about that now, her heart warming with the knowledge that she could help him in that way. They helped each other, completed each other.

And now the symbol of their love was cuddled in her arms. Her silver white hair, with dark streaks of black was in a mess of curls on top of her head. Hard to manage, just like her fathers. Her gray eyes closing in slumber. She was gorgeous, just like Logan predicted. Placing her in her tiny bed, Ororo kissed the top of her head and then slid into her own bed. As soon as she settled in she felt a strong arm wrap around her protectively. "I love you," she heard the soft grumble of his voice, muffled by the pillow his head was buried in. Smiling sweetly she snuggled against his body.

"I love you too."





You must login () to review.