Disclaimer: La la la la I don't own any of these characters....Marvel does.

It was tense. He didn't know if it was because of him or if it had been like that for a while. It was like he had to walk on eggshells in fear of causing someone to explode. Everyone was wound so tight. It irritated him, causing him to pace around like a caged animal, trapped. He was being forced to be cordial, to be pent up, fake, and he hated that. Despised it. And that made him tense, and when he was tense, everyone was. It was like an endless cycle. There was no fooling anyone, he knew he was the most volatile of them all, had proved it on several occasions. He sneered, then again he was provoked many of those times.

One person worried him. Storm. It was impossible to place a finger on what had changed about her, but his senses went haywire every time she was in near proximity of him. She radiated . . . well she radiated sexuality. He was no idiot, you would have to be blind to not notice she was drop dead gorgeous. This had been noted by all the men in the mansion, including himself when he had first seen her. The white on mocha contrast made her strangely but pleasurably exotic, and damn near irresistible. But now it was almost impossible to ignore her. And it was dually noted to him that every man in themansion seemed to be having that problem lately.

It was obvious Remy was falling fast for her, with no breaks. But to him she wasn't a temptation, just a distraction. Like a sister, a friend, with benefits (his jealous mind added). Their relationship was built on comfort, not sex. Although he was sure that some impure thoughts had run through the saucy Cajun's mind, he wouldn't be a man if he didn't have some, either that or his tastes ran toward men. Logan grinned, he would have to look into that.

Something had occurred between Jean and Scott, something that made Slim particularly hostile toward him, not that that was anything new, and made Jean almost pensive and lethargic toward him. It made him uneasy sometimes, how intensely she stared at him. That's karma for ya. I was probably doin' the same thing to her. Followin' her around like a abandoned lovesick puppy. Snorting, he flicked some ash off the tip of his cigar, and puffed out a cloud of smoke. Well that's gone and buried. But another topic emerged, the meeting they had. Cyke seemed to be intrigued by Storm, in such a powerful way that for a moment he forgot where he was, mesmerized as he himself had been with the pen stroking her full bottom lip. It wasn't like Slim to diverge off the subject like that, or to let his exterior slide. Something was up. Sighing deeply, he smothered the cigar with the heel of his hiking boot. Things had changed after all.

The wind suddenly picked up and changed direction. and in a split second clouds were rolling in the sky, colliding with each other. A crash of thunder and the skies parted, large drops of rain pounding the earth mercilessly. He on instinct ran toward the mansion. Something was wrong, he had seen storms like this before. She was losing control, the rain pelted his body almost painfully,she was spiraling dangerously to the point of no return, he could feel it.

"It was over long ago Jean and you know it. Don't try to make excuses, you know what you did!" Scott pushed past Logan in the doorway, his whole body stiff and angry. Boy the danger room would get a workout tonight. Obviously he had come in at the end of the argument, between Scott and Jean anyway.

"Don't you dare walk away from me you traitor!" The door slammed in front of Storm. Uh oh, she had trapped her, he could feel the electrons sparking in the air. Not too smart red. But she shut off her mind from him, all the while staring at the back of Storm's form.

When Storm finally turned, Logan knew she was too close to snapping. Her eyes glowed with lightning, lips in a straight line. He stood, ready to pounce, just in case she decided to do something she might regret later. "How dare you call me that. I have been nothing but a friend to you and Scott."

Jean snorted. Her body language feigned strength but she flinched when a thunder clap erupted outside, the windows trembling under its intensity. "Sure, you've been a really good friend to Scott. You betrayed me, how could you? I found him in your bed!" Logan arched his eyebrow, when had this happened exactly? He hadn't heard about Storm together with old one eye. Lucky bastard.

"Why are you pushing me away Jean! You know very well nothing happened between us. Was he naked in my bed? You're one of the most powerful telepaths on this earth. Don't you think you would have been able to intervene the powerful emotions we would be emitting if we fucked?!" Whoa. In all the time he knew the windrider he had never heard anything worse then ass murmured out of her mouth, even that with much hesitation. She was a goddess after all, profanities were not appropriate.

This did not go unnoticed by Jean and she winced noticeably, she was right. Regret and guilt filled the air, and Jean closed her eyes, tears brimming them. "Ororo . . . "

"Don't!" She bit out sharply. "What transgressed between you and Scott is and will always be your fault. Just because you are not ready to deal with the repercussions of what you did does not mean I will stand by and take you blaming me. I have lost respect and trust in you my friend. It will take a long time for you to earn that back." With a flash of white she disappeared out of the room.





You must login () to review.