They were tangled in the sheets, bodies moving slowly together. Skin on skin, his lips on hers. Intense, insistent kisses that were sending little shivers throughout her whole being. She buried her hands in his hair, surrendering completely to all the sensations he was invoking. He seemed to be touching her everywhere, those slightly rough hands sliding gently all over her body. She arched up against him, surprised at the little moan of pleasure he gave as she kissed him harder...

Ororo Munroe bolted awake, a very thin film of sweat covering her chocolate colored skin. The bedsheets were twisted around her, and pillows were shifted off to the side in disarray.It was obvious she had slept restlessly due to the summertime heat (rain was in the forecast for later so Xavier had opted to turn off the air conditioning for the school earlier in the evening) and the content of the dream she'd been having. She couldn't remember the exact details, but she knew it had been about *him*. Always him. Logan had been the first man in a very, very long time to make her feel anything at all, much less the spark of desire that still coursed through her.

Taking a long, deep breath to calm herself, she sat up and then swung her legs over the side of the bed. She stayed there for a few moments simply thinking. She knew these occasional dreams of Logan weren't right, but could she really blame herself for her subconscious? They were only dreams. It wasn't as if anything more could or would ever happen. It just wouldn't.

But still, sometimes she wanted...Wanted what, exactly?

Only questions that lead to more questions.

She wasn't in the mood for any of that.

Ororo smoothed down her nightgown, walked over to the balcony area of her large room, and opened the big sliding glass doors which lead outside to let some fresh air in.

She stood there for a minute, looking up at the stars and taking in the sounds of the night. Try as she might, she couldn't completely block Logan from her thoughts.

Leaning against the door frame, Ororo closed her eyes and summoned up a gentle breeze to cool the heat still radiating from her entire body.

If the others could see me now. They think I'm some ice queen. Cold, aloof, and perhaps not even real.

But I burn inside. Goddess - oh goddess - I burn.





You must login () to review.