Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!

Rated: PG-13

Summary: ^__^

Chapter 3

“Jubes, where is she?!”

“I…I don’t know..”

“Don’t lie tah me, gal!! I know you were with her today. Now will yah please tell me where she is so I can bust her ass!!”

“I-don’t-know!!” Jubilee picked her book and headed out of the entertainment room.

“Fine!!” Rogue was about to turn around and leave when she spotted Remy.

*Wonder where he’s goin…….hmm, maybe he’s looking for Ororo. Go figure, I’ll just be quiet and follow him….* she thought, slowly following Remy to wherever he was going.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Remy needed help. If he was going to pass his test in Statistics he was going to need a helping hand, and Ororo was definitely the right person to give it to him.

It was 3.00pm and Ororo would normally be in the Library reading some book or working on her coursework but today she wasn’t there. Remy made sure to look properly in the massive library but he couldn’t see her.

*Strange* he thought.

He walked to the cafeteria and saw Jean. He jugged over to her and asked her if she had seen Ororo. “All she said was that she didn’t feel well so she left and went up to her room”. He said his thanks to Jean and walked toward the girls dorm and headed to the attic.
Once there he knocked on her door, but there was no response.

“Stormy it’s Remy, open da door chere” He knocked louder but heard nothing.

*Well, maybe she aint here.* he thought.

He was about to leave when he spotted something or rather someone spying on him from a corner down the stairs that lead to the lower level. He started to walk towards the stairs until something else caught his attention. Ororo had opened the door and she was………crying.

Remy turned around and hugged her without hesitation and held her tight. He hated seeing women cry and it worried him to see his strong, stubborn and sweet Ororo look so weak and helpless.

“What’s da matter chere?”

She hadn’t said a word, she just held on to him for support. Remy understood her silence, she wasn’t ready to say anything right now, so he just held her and stroked her back gently.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Rogue, didn’t know what to make of the little scene up in the attic. Ororo was crying and that was something she had rarely seen her do, it was scary to see her like that. She had decided to head back to the entertainment room and wait for Remy to come in and play pool so they could *talk*.

She had waited for a whole hour and Remy was nowhere to be seen. Rogue was getting suspicious again. *What if Ororo got him into her room again and lured him to her bed……no she wouldn’t do that……would she? What happened last week is still not clear to me and I really need to talk to Remy……..But hold up a second. I’m his girlfriend I deserve to know what he’s doing and where he is!!!* With a new found courage, Rogue went back to Ororo’s room and stood in front of her door, she took a deep breath and knocked, *loudly*.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Remy was startled by someone knocking at the door. He got out of the chair he was sitting on while he watched Ororo sleep and opened the door slightly poking his head out.

“Remy, what the hell is going on I need ta kn-” He put his hand over her mouth and closed the door behind him.

“Rogue keep ya voice down, chère. Roro’s sleepin an I don wan you wakin her up. So bring ya voice down a notch, oui?!” whispered Remy as he slowly removed his hand from her mouth.
Rogue glared at him but did as she was told.

“So what’s going on between you two?!” asked Rogue, not afraid of showing her anger.
Remy looked at her confused, he thought they had gotten over this the week before and she had calmed down but apparently she wasn’t going to.

“Chère there be nothin goin on between me an Stormy, why you always askin me dis. Ororo and I have been friends fo as long as I can rememba.” Remy’s tone indicated that he wanted the conversation to end, but Rogue was just as stubborn and had no intention in letting go.

“So what were yah doin in her room, in her bed!?” she looked at him with piercing eyes, she was probably one of the few people who could look Remy in the eyes without being intimidated by their colour.

Remy really cared about Rogue, but there were certain things she just wouldn’t understand about his relationship with Ororo. He had to admit that at certain times he felt something more than friendship for Storm but he had never done anything to pursue that feeling.

“We was drunk an I was tired so I jus slept in her bed, nuthin else.”
Rogue still wasn’t convinced, so Remy did the only thing that would make her realize that he was telling the truth.
He kissed her unhurriedly, wrapping his arms around her small waist to get her closer to him. Eventually his powers started fading and Rogue pulled back just in time before sucking the life out of him.

He was weak and held onto her so he could balance himself. He smiled at her sweetly. “Now ya believe Remy?”
Rogue had a glimpse of Remy’s very essence during that kiss and being in his thoughts allowed her to see that he *was* telling the truth. She suddenly felt ashamed and disgusted with herself at even thinking that Remy would cheat on her with Ororo of all people.

“Remy, ah….am so sorry, I was jumping ta silly conclusions an-”

“S’kay belle, jus help ol Remy down da stairs, oui” Remy cared about her too much to be angry.

“Anythin fo yah, sugah” she smiled and helped him get down the stairs.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Ororo woke up to find Rogue staring down at her with what seemed like concern. She dismissed the thought immediately and braced herself for the inevitable. Rogue was irrational and like Logan she was just as stubborn.
*Well, here we go…….*

“If you’re here to shout at me be quick about it. I’m not in the socializing mood today.” She rested on her elbows while Rogue sat next to her on the bed.
*This is strange…….why has she not strangled me already…* Ororo still wasn’t aware of the fact that Remy had told or more like showed Rogue what exactly happened between them.

“Sugah, I aint here tah shout at yah. Remy told me everythin an am so sorry I accused yah of …..well ya know-”

*Now this is new………………..at least I ‘ve got ‘one’ load off my mind……*

“It’s alright, Rogue. I just don’t want this to happen again. Okay?” Rogue nodded in approval and flashed Ororo a beautiful smile. Storm forced a smile and hugged her. There was still something bothering her and Rogue had noticed it immediately.

“What’s wrong Roro, ah know there’s something else that’s wrong with yah. And Don’t try to deny it sugah. Did Logan have something tah do with this?”
Rogue was only trying to help but at the mention of Logan’s name everything that had happened a few hours ago came rushing back to her. Storm was not the type to show any kind of weakness, there were just a few people who had seen her cry, and that wasn’t very often. She had her fare share of tears earlier on and now all that was left was anger and emptiness. The emptiness that she always tried to avoid or hide behind her tough exterior.

“I’m fine Rogue, I just, wasn’t feeling well.” Rogue seemed to understand and hugged her one more time. “Well I’ll be downstairs watchin T.V with Remy. I’ll see yah later?”

“Yes, I’ll be downstairs by seven.”

“Cool.” Rogue left the room leaving Ororo to her thoughts.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Logan POV.

Three weeks have passed since I broke up with Ro, but it certainly feels like forever. We don’t talk like we used to anymore, she’s always distant and all we really say to each other is ‘hello, how are things going?’ and that sort of stuff. I hate the fact that she’s putting a wall between us, but I can’t bring myself to talk to her. I guess I’m just a coward. The thing that hurts me the most is how fast she’s gotten over me, or maybe she’s just acting like that. That would be something she would do. Storm would rather kill herself than show any sign of weak emotion, especially to the opposite sex. But of all people, she had to go out with that bastard Creed. She knows I hate his guts!!!
I know I have no one to blame but myself there’s no use in denying that but I broke up with her for a good reason. These feelings I’ve been having for her lately are suffocating me. It all happened after that night when we made love. She had whispered it so softly that it was barely audible but I could still hear what she said.

‘I love you’

I wish I could say it to her as well but I just can’t. Maybe someday I’ll grow up and find the courage to say those three sweet words but right now the thought barely crosses my mind. I care about her, that’s one thing that I will definitely admit to, I care for her deeply.

Well….apart from my messed up love life everything else seems ta be working out alright. Charles is helping me with my increasing powers, and I have to admit I enjoy finding out more about my skills. My hearing and sense of smell have improved even more and to be honest I’m getting very comfortable with them. So why do I feel like something’s missing?…..I mean there are a few things about my past that I don’t remember and certain things that I just don’t want to remember, but there’s this weird feeling I have that just wouldn’t let go, it’s eating me up and I’ve been kind of grumpy lately too. I’m definitely messed up, I mean I’ve seen people happy for no reason, like Jubilee she’s always happy about *something*. But I’ve never seen anyone been in a fowl mood for no apparent reason, except for yours truly, and everyone knows not to get on my nerves when I’m in one of my *mood swings*. Nevertheless they all know that’s just how I am, I can’t stay angry for the rest of my life, right…

“Hey Lo, man. You wanna go out ta get a drink?” Bobby is sitting right in front of me in the cafeteria with a huge grin on his face, this usually isn’t good, in my opinion. He always has something up his sleeve.

“Well, it depends on what the real reason for yer offer is, bub” he really hates it when I call him that, but he ignores my teasing and carries on. He’s definitely got something planned.

“Aw, c’mon man. You know I look out for ya and shit, Warren and the other guy’s are comin out as well it’s just us guys out for a drink and maybe, we can hook up with some pretty chicks” I really don’t like the way this is going, but what have I got to loose? I’m single and my hormones are on overload, unlike all the other guys I need this night out more than anybody else. Especially to get my mind off a certain weather witch. It aint easy being 18 with these mutant abilities.

“Ya know what Bobby, I’ll come. I suppose I need to get a little *distracted*” He jumps from his chair and starts making some kind of happy dance, God knows that boy is just as screwed up as me but he’s one of my closest friends and he’s *really* funny. I guess life aint so bad anyway.
“Alright man!!! We’re leaving at seven thirty.”

I guess I should think of what to wear. But first of all, I really need a beer.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

7.15 pm. I’m ready to go downstairs and meet the guys, I’m looking at myself in the mirror and I gotta admit I look pretty damn fine!!!
I’m dressed in blue faded jeans and a nicely ironed shirt that would make any mother proud. I wish I knew what my mother looked like, she died straight after I was born…………..

Anyway there’s no time like the present they say, so I might as well enjoy it. I put on my Nike white trainers and I head off downstairs. As I make my way through the hall Ororo is passing by heading towards the direction I just came from. My heart skips a beat, out of habit a guess. It’s like I met her for the first time or something, ya know, the feeling ya get when ya meet someone you find very attractive and you're like ‘Wow’. We both stop and look at each other. She’s wearing a short denim skirt with a tank top and a jeans jacket. Is it just me or does she get prettier by the day!? She’s probably going out with Victor tonight, what she sees in him I’ll never know.

“Going out with the guys tonight?” she asks me politely. I’m about to answer until my nose picks up something familiar.

Lust. Want. Restraint.

Have I mentioned that these powers are just so amazing. I can’t help the smirk that forms on my face. At least she still feels physically attracted to me, helps my ego a great deal. “Yeah. Ya goin somewhere particular tonight darlin?” I decide to let my tone of voice sound a bit flirtatious, after all I don’t want to lose what little of our friendship we have left.

“Yes, Victor’s taking me out to a club. I hope you have fun, I really have to go now.” There she goes again, ending our conversation with some other excuse!!! I think we broke the record this time, we talked for about 60 seconds. Ow well what am I supposed to expect am lucky she still talks to me. If I were in her shoes I wouldn’t even talk to me. Hopefully some day we’ll be able to get back to how we were, for now this is all she’s willing to give me and I guess it’s enough for me……..right?


End “ To be continued in ‘People change’, it takes place six years after this story.

Hope you liked this people, the next story will have a normal more mature Storm, without the constant swearing, and a new man in her life, plus a cute little boy. ^ _^ xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S: don’t worry, Logan will come back to his senses and realize just how much he’s given up!!! Lol!!





You must login () to review.