Chapter 2

After taking a shower Ororo got dressed. Sitting down at her desk, she pulled out a stack of papers and began grading them, but soon found she could not concentrate on them.

Pacing, Ororo tugged at her hair.

‘Get yourself together, Ororo. It was just a dream.’ She thought taking a deep breath. ‘Just a meaningless dream’

“But, Goddess, did it feel good.” Ororo said aloud. She stopped pacing and covered her mouth.

‘I did not just say that! Oh Goddess, I did not just say that about a dream I had about Logan!’ Ororo shook her head and started pacing again.

“I need to get out of this room.” She mumbled glancing out her balcony windows.

‘I’ll go down to the greenhouse for a little while.’ Ororo thought glancing at her clock. ‘It’s only six, I have some time.’

Ororo opened her balcony doors and walked out into the morning light. Calling the wind to her, she gracefully floated over the railing and down to the grass glittering with morning dew.

Walking into the greenhouse she took a deep breath and smiled. She felt better already.

*~*An Hour and a Half later*~*

“Has anyone seen Ororo?” Jean asked. She heard some mumbled no’s, and saw most sake their heads in reply.

“Maybe she slept in. It is Saturday.” Marie said before taking a bite of her toast.

“Maybe.” Jean said, “It’s just not like her to be late for breakfast.”

*~*Back in the Greenhouse*~*

Ororo was happily humming to herself while she tended her flowers. She glanced at the clock above the door, on her way to another section of plants. The time did not register in her mind until she had reached her destination.

She turned back to the clock, eyes wide in disbelief. Tossing her gardening gloves onto a nearby chair, she raced out of the greenhouse towards the mansion, using a gust of wind to shut the door.

‘Today just isn’t my day.’

*~*Back in the Kitchen*~*

“Maybe I should try and wake her.” Jean said.

“Yeah, that’s a perfect way ta wake up, Jeannie.” Logan said dryly, “Havin’ somebody goin’ through yer head.”

“Well, why don’t you go up there and wake her?”

“Don’t need ta. She’s already here.”

Everybody turned towards the door in time to see Ororo walk calmly into the kitchen. She stopped when she saw everyone staring at her.

“Good morning, everyone.” Ororo said before grabbing a plate to get her breakfast. She heard them greet her, but she wasn’t paying much attention.

“So where were you?” Jean asked as Ororo sat next to her, “We were getting worried.”

“No, Jeannie was gettin’ worried. We thought you decided ta sleep in fer once.” Logan said from his seat across from Ororo, “So, Darlin’, how are yer plants?”

Ororo looked up at him and images from her dream came rushing at her.

“They’re fine.” Ororo said quickly averting her gaze to her plate, a blush rising in her cheeks.





You must login () to review.