Title: People change

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men, do not sue.

Rated: PG-13 for now.

Chapter 1

She sat outside in the massive garden of the Mansion grounds. It was a lovely day of spring in the Westchester County and the air was cool against her soft skin. It almost felt like the wind was lightly caressing her and it felt good; she always came outside on days like these and relaxed on the grass forgetting all of her problems and her duties. It was just what nature did to her, it made her feel like she could just forget everything and just enjoy its fruitfulness. Slowly she stood up and quickly brushed the pieces of grass away from her shorts and a bit of her T-shirt, although she wanted to stay in the garden for the whole day just relaxing outside there were other things that had to be done, which were more important than a lazy Saturday afternoon.

She was so caught up in taking off all the grass pieces in her hair that she didn’t notice who was behind. She turned around and jumped at the sight of her husband.

“Hey beautiful, I’ve been looking for you all day.” There he was standing, the man that she loved with everything she had, the man that made her happy on so many occasions she couldn’t even remember. The man that had asked her to marry him during a mission with the X-Men. His expression was a mixture of surprise and worry, he always worried about her and it made her feel special.

Ororo smiled at Forge and lightly kissed him on the cheek. “I was just relaxing outside, my love. How are you feeling?”
Forge had been injured just a few days ago in one of their missions against the Brotherhood and he was slowly recuperating.

“Mmm, I feel better. Although there is one thing that would take all the pain away….” He trailed off as he wrapped his arms around her and smiled raising his eyebrows suggestively.

“And what is it?” she asked feign ignorance.

He didn’t respond as he kissed her instead, gradually. She didn’t hesitate to allow him to slip his probing tongue into her warm mouth. He pressed her closer to him and Ororo wound her arms around his neck pressing herself even closer, if it was even possible. They were both oblivious to the pair of eyes that was staring at them with mere disgust.

“Eww, why you kissing Mom like that Daddy”

Upon hearing the little boy’s voice Ororo and Forge stopped kissing and smiled at their four year old son. Ororo walked up to him and picked him up in her arms.

“Marcus, Daddy was just trying to show Mommy just how much he loves her. You’re going to do the same when you grow up.”

“Ahh, no way!! Girls are crybabies, they can’t even play football.” Ororo laughed at her son’s remark and looked back at Forge who was also laughing. He came closer to his wife and kissed her forehead, then he ruffled his son’s silky brown hair, which caused the little boy to giggle.

“Well I have to go and get some rest I guess. Behave mister, I have my eye on you.” He said to the little boy, smiling at him with affection.

“Only if you give me some ice-cream. Huh mum, can I have some ice-cream, can I it’s soooooooo hot today” the little boy squealed in excitement when his mother nodded in approval.

“I’ll come to check up on you in a few, okay Forge. Henry says you really need to stay in bed for a while, so go before he sees you here.” Forge nodded and jogged back to the Mansion.

After seeing him leave she turned her attention to her beautiful son. Although he acquired some of his dad’s features, he still had her wonderful blue eyes and her well know temper. His mutation hadn’t manifested itself yet and Ororo somehow dreaded the day it would show up, after all this was her son and she didn’t want him to suffer or feel like he didn’t belong in the society. That was what had pushed her to follow Xavier’s dream even more.

“C’mon sweetie, let’s go out in town and get some delicious Ice-cream!!”
“Yaiiiiiii” he waved his arms in the air and Ororo couldn’t help smiling, he always made her smile. Even when he got himself into trouble. “I want pistacco flavour!!”

“It’s pistachio Marcus. P-I-S-T-A-C-H-I-O, pistachio.” Corrected Ororo.

“Dats what I said Mommy!!” said Marcus, giving Ororo the famous ‘Puppy eyes’ that would usually let him get away with anything.

Ororo sighed and smiled at his goofy face. *He’s definitely a charmer, just like his daddy* she thought happily. As they headed off to the garage to get a car Marcus looked at her puzzled.

“Why can’t you just fly us there, mommy?” he asked innocently.

*Because, if people see me flying they will start calling me ‘filthy mutant’ and other sort of nasty things that I do not want you to hear sweetie* she thought to herself. Obviously she couldn’t tell that to her son so she decided to just tell him a little white lie. It was for his own good.

“I’m just a bit too tired to fly, we’ll do that another time. C’mon help me chose what car we take” she quickly changed the subject not wanting to go into the whole mutant thing.

“Let’s take Uncle Scott’s car!!! He never let’s me in it, he says I’m going to ruin his little jewel. What does he mean, mom?”

“Aw nothing, your Uncle Scott is just obsessed over his car.” She pulled out a bunch of keys and found the one to Scott’s red convertible BMW 325 E30.
She placed Michael in the back seat and put on his belt for him. Then she entered the car and started the engine.

“Mom”

“Yes, honey.” She said as she reversed the car out of the garage.

“What does obssussed mean?”

“It’s obsessed. It means he loves his car a bit too much.”

“Eww, does he kiss it too!!” asked the little boy looking surprised at his mother.
Storm laughed and added. “Yes, he does and it’s soooo gross!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Meanwhile in the Kitchen……

Scott was sitting on one of the chairs reading the newspaper as usual. He sipped his coffee never taking his eyes off the paper. Jean walked and smiled upon seeing her husband relax on his favourite chair. She walked towards him and laid her small hands on his muscular shoulders. He looked up to her and smirked; she bent down and gave him a light peck. Feeling that he was a bit tense she started massaging his shoulders. A small smile crept up to her when he moaned in pleasure. Cyclops, as they now called him, was not the type to keep his guard down. He was always alert and some might say even stuck up but he only acted that way to gain the respect of his team-mates. Therefore to Jean it was a great accomplishment to make him lose that control.

“You like?” she asked seductively.
Scott’s smirk grew even wider and he grabbed her arm and moved her onto him so she was straddling his laps. “Yup, me like. But I’d like this even more..”
He kissed her fiercely, which surprised Jean at first but then she settled her hands on his chest and engaged into what seemed like a never ending kiss.
Remy entered the kitchen and casually strode in. Scott and Jean jumped at his presence and pulled away from each other. Scott blushed furiously and Jean tried to think of something to say. Remy laughed at the two and drank his beer.

“You two lovebirds don mind little ol Remy here, oui?” he winked at Jean and Scott glared at him, which made Gambit laugh even more.

Suddenly the door bell rang and the three of them stared at each-other.

“Remy as the leader of the X-Men I command you to open the door.” said Scott laughing his head off.

“Ha, ha very funny mon amis, but Remy be goin nowhere”
The two men looked at Jean and grinned evilly.
“Well that leaves you sweetie.” Scott snickered. Gambit chuckled at the poor read head and relaxed on a chair.

“Bullies!” she said as she smiled and headed off to see who was at the door.

*Jean, It’s the professor, Logan has finally come back to us. I would appreciate if you brought him to my office straight away.*

*Wow, he’s back!! That’s great news professor, I’ll bring him to you in a flash!*

They both closed the telepathic conversation and Jean was left to her own thoughts.

*Oh boy, I wonder what Storm will do when she finds out who’s back. Even more how will she act? Well guess we’ll have to find out…..*

Jean approached the door and opened it. There stood Logan although he was the same his features were more manly and his body was even more muscular than it used to be, although he was still shorter than her Scott.

“Hey darlin, hows it goin” he smiled at her with a huge grin. The two hugged each other briefly and carried on talking.

“So what’s been up with you, Logan. We haven’t seen you in like forever!!”

“Well darlin I just needed some time to myself ya know. After those first mutant attacks I wasn’t sure what to do. I wanted a normal life and when I did establish one I realised that I still felt like I didn’t belong there with humans who hated us, even if they didn’t know I was one. I felt guilty for not doin my part in everythin dats goin on. Coming here was more of Chuck’s idea than mine but I’m willing to see what he’s gotta offer.”

Jean smiled and caressed Logan’s right arm to reassure him. “You made the right decision. If you decide to stay everyone will be more than happy to welcome you back. I know Bobby will be ecstatic.”

“Yeah. Where is he anyway?”

“Ow he’s gone shopping with Jubilee, Rogue and Betsy.”

“Who’s Betsy?”

“Ow she joined us just a few months ago. Her name is Elisabeth, you’ll get to see all of them when they come back.”

Logan smiled to himself. He was truly happy to be back, sure everything was different now but he was definitely curious to know what exactly Xavier’s X-Men did.
Jean also smiled seeing that he was happy. Then she thought of Ororo and how she would react to his presence and her smile turned into a frown.
Logan noticed it immediately and spoke up.
“What’s wrong? Something I should know happened?” His thoughts were goin wild. *I hope everyone is alright here. The last thing I wanna hear is that someone is dead.*

Jean looked up at him hesitantly, then she motioned for him to follow her towards the professor’s office which was down in the halls next to the conference room.
“Jean.” He followed her and sighed. “It aint bad news is it?”

She stopped and turned to look at him. She wanted to tell Logan about Ororo, but it was better if he saw things for himself. Ororo would definitely prefer it that way.

“Nothing Logan, everyone is fine. The professor is waiting for you in his office”


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


“Now move your arm to the left.”

“Argh, it still hurts. I thought you said I’d be fine by this week?”

“Forge, I specifically told you to rest. Obviously you have not followed my instructions.” Hank sighed in exasperation, he was definitely going to have a talk with Ororo about monitoring Forge’s moves. He had almost broken his leg while fighting the Blob and his left arm was lightly burned by Pyro. It took 6 weeks for him to get back to a tolerable shape.

“Yeah, well…..you can’t expect me to stay in bed for the whole day doing nothing.”

“Forge, if you do not follow these instructions I will see that Ororo take care of you personally. And you know she has quite a temper, so I suggest you try to relax and stop making inventions for a while!!” Hank wasn’t pleased with his patient’s conduct and if necessary he would tell Jean to stop looking after him and give the task to Ororo, which wasn’t very pleasant.

“Well….if you put it that way I’d rather have Jean take care of me. She’s not as strict as Ororo.” he sighed and got up from the medical bed. “So what other exercises do I have to do to get this old arm in perfect shape?”

“I would suggest a *light* jog in the morning around the Mansion grounds, and NO further than that” said the blue haired doctor.

“Right, what about the dange-”

“Don’t even think about it!!” said Hank, making it clear that the danger room was out of the question.

“Alright, alright. Well thanks for the check up Henry. I’ll come back for my next check up next week, right?”

“Yes, and remember what I said.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take it easy”

Forge left the Medical Lab and strutted towards the kitchen to get something to eat.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


“So how is it?”

“It tastes awesome mum!! I love pistacco!!”

“It’s……ow whatever. This *Pistacco* Ice-cream is the best in town.” Said Ororo enjoying the ice-cream.

“Ow, Marcus be careful not to drop any on Uncle Scott’s seat okay!?”

“Yup, I promise.” said Marcus, eating his ice-cream with gusto.

“Ok, sweetie put your seatbelt on, we’re heading back home”

“Okay mommy” said the little boy obediently.

As soon as Ororo finished her ice-cream she started the engine to the BMW and headed back home thinking of how wonderful her life had turned out to be. Little did she know that someone was about to change all of that.





You must login () to review.