Title: People Change

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….Marvel does. So don’t come suing my sorry ass!!

Rated: R

Summary: Ok, now this is where all the fun stars!! Enjoy.

Chapter 4

Logan intervened before Ororo could say anything. “Listen…Forge. I can assure ya that nothing wrong happened here. I saw Ro sleepin an woke her up, the zip of her uniform was stuck an I helped her with it. Simple. No reason to get worked up, bub”

Forge completely ignored Logan and looked straight at Ororo, who was obviously trying to keep calm.

“Do you mind, Logan, I’d like to speak to *my wife* in private” his tone was anything but friendly or polite and if it wasn’t for Ororo putting an arm on his shoulder, Logan would have probably punched the shit out of him.

“Leave Logan, I will see you later” she said reassuringly.

Logan looked at Ororo and growled softly, “Yeah, I’ll see ya later darlin”

After Logan left everything went downhill.

“What the hell was that about Ororo!!” he stepped closer to her obviously not convinced by Logan’s statement.

“Do not raise your voice like that, I don’t want Marcus hear us argue”

“I’LL RAISE MY FUCKING VOICE AS HIGH AS I WANT WOMAN!!!” as soon as he said it Forge wished he could have sounded less aggressive.

“Roro I-”

“Forget it, I’m going to get something to eat. It is obvious that you do not want to listen to me” Storm moved towards the door, but was stopped by Forge’s arm. She looked up at him and gave him the coldest glare he had ever seen. She was angry at him for raising his tone like that, but most of all she was hurt that he would think of her as the type to cheat.

“Ororo, c’mon I didn’t mean to sound…….aggressive…….listen it’s not you that I don’t trust it’s that new guy…....I don’t trust him, especially with you”

Storm looked at him puzzled, “What do you mean you don’t trust him with me?”
“I don’t know, I just don’t like him. I’ve tried to be polite to him and everything seemed alright but even then I didn’t like him. And when I came in and saw him that close to you I got carried away”

Ororo knew she was meant to be angry at him, more like infuriated but she couldn’t help but giggle.

“I’m glad you find this amusing Ororo” he said smiling a little.

“Forge, stop being so jealous. Me and Logan are friends. And it’s not him you should be worried about, it’s Remy, he’s the flirt of the household” This made Forge grin, she was right. There was no reason for him to get jealous, but he would still keep an eye on him just to make sure.
He smiled at her and caressed her face. Ororo relaxed and smiled back.

“By the way I’m going to a conference with Charles later on, he wants me to go with him since I can’t go on any missions at the moment”

“You think you’re going to be okay with that arm?”

Forge smiled and placed both his hands on her waist. “I’ll be fine” She was about to respond but he brought his lips to hers and kissed her tenderly. Normally she would enjoy the kiss, but her mind was vacating somewhere else.

Logan.

For the first time since he came back she wished *he* was here kissing her instead of Forge. She wished it were his arms wrapped around her waist, his soft lips on hers slowly probing her mouth.

*Stop thinking like that Ororo!!* She kicked herself mentally for having thoughts of another man while her husband kissed her. She smiled her best smile when Forge broke the kiss and looked at her.

“How long will you be gone for?”

“A few days”

“Be careful”

“I always am” after that he kissed her again and left.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Forge was about to walk through the hall when he saw Logan standing against a wall, as if waiting for him, while he smoked his cigar. “It would be better if you didn’t smoke around here, we do have a child in this mansion” he said bitterly.

Logan knew he was right and stopped smoking. “This aint over, bub” simply saying that Logan headed out into the garden, leaving Forge fuming with anger.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

2 hours after her talk with Forge Ororo headed towards the kitchen and sat on the table.

Marcus got off Bobby’s lap and walked up to his mother, Storm smiled sweetly at his beautiful face and picked him up. “And how is my little man today” she said cheerfully, this boy had the ability to make her happy the instant she laid her eyes on him.

“Good, Uncle Bobby is takin me to the Arcade today!!!” he replied cheerfully.
Ororo sighed happily and looked at Bobby. “So the playstaion 2 in the living room is not enough to satisfy your gaming thirst?” she said knowing the answer fool well.

“Nope” said Bobby grinning at her.

“Bobby, sometimes I wonder when you’re going to grow up” she said teasingly.

“Roro, sometimes I wonder when you’re going to take it easy and relax a little” he replied giving her his best smile. The two both laughed good naturedly.

“Ok, you two have fun”

“Yup, we will” said Marcus as he got off her lap.

Bobby picked up his Jacket and his car keys. “Okay, little man, let’s head to the arcade!!”
“We’ll be back before dinner time, is that okay?”

“Yes, that will be fine”

Marcus was about to leave with Bobby when Ororo called him back. “Aren’t you going to give me a kiss sweetie” Marcus pouted and lazily walked over to his mother.

“Mom, c’mon” whined the little boy. Ororo kissed him on the cheek and let him go.

“Take care you two. And Bobby keep an eye on him”

“Yes ma’m”

After that she was left alone to her thoughts in the kitchen.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


The Mansion was fairly quiet. Scott, Rogue, Remy and Psylocke were in the conference room discussing a few things while Forge prepared his bag for his flight with the professor. Hank had decided to follow them as well especially so he could keep an eye on Forge.

Meanwhile Ororo sat in her greenhouse enjoying tending to her flowers, hoping it would distract her from her thoughts but it simply wasn’t working.

*Why can’t I stop thinking about him. I’m not supposed to think of him like that anymore. I do not have feelings for him anymore!!* She sighed and whispered his name, thinking no one would hear.

“You called me Darlin?”

Ororo looked up startled when she found Logan standing by the glass door of her green house grinning widely.

“Logan, you startled me” she went back to watering her plants, hoping it would help her keep calm.

Wolverine picked up a chair and sat right next to her eyeing her with his piercing eyes.
“So how did it go with Forge?”

“Fine, he apologised. He’s leaving for a conference with the professor later this afternoon” Logan seemed more than interested in her last statement.

“Really?” Ororo turned around and looked at him trying to understand just what he was up to. “Yes, really. So how are you settling in?”

“Well, am getting used ta the slight changes here. Although I can’t wait to go on my first mission”

“Typical”

“Hey, I’m a man of action. I need action to keep me from getting bored”

“I see”

“You’ve changed” he said right out of the blue.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know, it’s just like…………yer just different” he smiled at her, something he found himself doing a lot when he was with her. “Guess you’ve matured, being a mother an all”

“Yes I have, but partly because of my mutation. My feelings are linked to my emotions as you know, and through the years they’ve grown stronger which means I need more control over them”

“So that’s why yer so calm and collected at all times?”

“More or less, Yes”

“Yer handling it quite well” He looked deep into her blue eyes, eyes he could get lost into so easily, why he ended things between them years ago was suddenly a mystery to him.

*No you know full well why you ended things between you two, you chickened out* he thought sadly. It was true, Ororo had told him she loved him and he was simply not ready for that sort of relationship, and now that he was it was too late……..was it?
To Logan it wasn’t too late. He would get her back somehow but, how, he didn’t know.

“Logan are you alright?” she placed her hand on his arm and looked at him concerned.

“Sorry I just zoned off there darlin, I’m fine” But inside he was dying to kiss her, he wanted to take her in his arms and taste her full lips. But how could he do that without knowing what her reaction would be, her emotions had become so hard to read.

“Oh”

A somewhat peaceful silence settled between the two. Ororo watered a few more plants and looked back to find Logan still sitting on his chair just staring at her. But that was something she was used to. He was always attentive, always studying people’s reactions and maybe it was because of his mutation but somehow it had become part of him.
She went back to taking care of her plants and didn’t notice him walk up to her.

“Logan!!” she stated startled by how close he got to her so quickly without her knowing. But something about his expression seemed different and for the first time since he came back Ororo felt a bit intimidated by his presence.

He stood there looking at her for what seemed like forever and suddenly leaned forward and before Ororo knew what was happening his lips were on hers.
The thing that shocked her the most was how easily she responded to his kiss. The kiss was tender and full of passion. Logan rested his hands on her waist while Ororo placed hers around his neck.
He pressed her harder against him and Ororo was totally lost in his kiss almost like she was in a daze of some sort. Her mind was a jumble of thoughts and the more they kissed the more her control would slip.
“Logan” she moaned in his mouth making him want her even more. Everything about her made him want her, her voice, her eyes, her scent…….the list could go on forever.

*Oh Goddess, what am I doing?!!!* She thought. But the thought was lost as soon as his hands found their way up her top. *Goddess!! What if someone sees us, how can I be telling Forge there is nothing going on between me and Logan when I’m here kissing him like this………Bright Lady I’m such a hypocrite*

She quickly pushed Logan away and stepped back and accidentally pushed a vase full of flowers to the floor. Both ignored the loud crash and just looked at each other.

“L-Logan.........what, what is going on?” her voice trembled slightly.

“I-I’m sorry Ro………” He knew the moment wouldn’t last that long, but it felt so good he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to grab her again and show her just how he felt…….

“I think it is best for you to leave” she ran her hand through her silky white hair and sighed. Her back was now turned to him. Logan walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, and to his surprise she didn’t push him away.

“Logan, please” He placed his hands on her waist and pressed her back against him, while he bit on her neck slowly. “Ro…” he whispered huskily.

“Oh Goddess, Logan we cannot do this. I can’t” she pushed him out of the way and left the greenhouse running.

“ORORO, WAIT!!!!”

*Damn, I just fucking screwed up!! But damn……* Logan sat in the greenhouse for the rest of the day contemplating on what exactly was going on. He thought he could keep his feelings under control but it seemed that staying anywhere near her would just make it hard to keep it all in. What to do?


TBC……………..





You must login () to review.