Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!

Rated: PG -13

Summary: That would just spoil it…..read the story and find out.

Chapter 6 “ Morning Complications

Logan headed downstairs to get a beer. After making love to Ororo he felt like he could lift the world with one finger. It felt so good to have her in his arms once again, just like old times. He entered the kitchen and turned on the light. As he got himself a beer reality started to kick in. Where would they go from here? He stared at his can of beer and grunted. “What is this crap?” Even though the beer wasn’t what he was used to drinking he gulped it down anyway. He sighed and headed back to his room. *This must be really hard for Ororo, and Marcus…..damn what are we going to do? If she splits up with Forge then Marcus will be the innocent one in the middle of all this. Damn, why must things be so complicated!! I wonder what Ororo is thinking about right now….*

After taking off his T-shirt he headed to bed, with nothing but his boxers on. He placed his hands behind his head and stared at the ceiling. Everything seemed so perfect when he held her in his arms, Ororo said she still loved him and he couldn’t be happier. But things were not going to be that simple……after all Storm married Forge because she loved him and therefore telling him what was going on would take out a lot from her….Logan frowned at the realisation that maybe he had pushed her a bit too far, or that maybe he should have thought about the consequences before acting on his feelings. *Never mind, I ‘l figure this out when I get up, right now I seriously need some sleep*


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


It was about 8.30 am when Ororo woke up. She hadn’t slept well at all, what happened with Logan was the most wonderful thing she had experienced. That couldn’t be denied. It felt right, but she knew it was definitely wrong. Guiltiness was eating at her like cancer. “Dammit, what was I thinking!!” she said out loud. What would happen now? What would she tell Forge when he came back, and most of all if she were to get a divorce how would Marcus feel?
“Goddess what have I done?.........I’ve betrayed my husband and ruined our family……” she whispered.

Ororo got off her bed and walked to her bathroom. This day was going to be trying on her, she definitely needed to talk to Jean about her situation, hopefully getting this off her chest would help.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Jean walked towards the kitchen in deep thought. The emotions she felt coming from Ororo’s room were unbelievably intoxicating, thankfully she was able to block them out. Partly.

((FLASHBACK-Last night in Jean and Scott’s room))

Jean woke up with a start after feeling a flood of strong emotions cloud her mind. “What the….” Scott woke up slowly with his eyes half open and looked at Jean with concern.

“You okay honey, what’s wrong?” he sat up groggily and adjusted his glasses. Jean turned to look at him and smiled. Even though it was pitch dark he could still see her smile.

“Nothing baby, go back to bed”

“Don’t lie to me Jean, I can hear by the tone of your voice you’re not telling me the truth so tell me what’s wrong” he was slightly awake now. He placed his arms around her and kissed her shoulder.

“Nothing…..it’s just that I think there is something wrong with Ororo. I woke up feeling all these emotions coming from her……from her and Logan……and……I couldn’t understand what was going on because I was half conscious. Then I woke up and I automatically blocked them out. I don’t know what’s going on but I can sense that Ororo feels guilty about something…..although I cant’ figure out what” Scott contemplated on what she said and thought back to when he was talking to Ororo earlier in the day, she seemed really distracted, something she rarely was.

“Yeah, she seemed really distracted by something today….maybe she misses Forge” he offered.

“No, no. She’s been like this since…….since Logan came back…” She gasped as she realised why her friend had been so frustrated and out of character lately.
Scott ran a hand through his hair and turned on the lamp on his bed stand. Jean turned to look at him.

“You don’t think she……” Scott couldn’t bring himself to say what he was implying but Jean knew what he meant.

“I’m not sure Scott, but…..if she still has feelings for Logan then…….that would explain why she’s been so edgy lately. Although I can remember she was trying to tell me something about her and Logan today……but Forge came in and she couldn’t finish what she was saying………”

“Jean, I think you should talk to her. She needs you, I tried to get it out of her but she wouldn’t open up” he placed a hand on her face kissing her softly. He turned off the lamp and laid back in the bed, placing his hand on her waist. “Go back to bed, you can think of what to do in the morning”

Jean nodded and leaned back into him. He placed a light kiss on her shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

((END FLASH BACK))

As Jean entered the kitchen she found Logan near the stove making…….eggs.
“Hey, Logan. Didn’t know you could cook”

Logan winked at her and went back to cooking the eggs. “Do you mind making some for me?” she asked playfully. Logan glared at her, a friendly glare, and nodded. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, Red” Jean giggled and opened the fridge to get some orange juice. As Jean placed her cup on the table and filled it with orange juice Storm walked in.

“Hello Jean” she smiled at her friend and sat on a chair. “Good morning Logan” her voice sounded calm, but somewhat distant like she was trying too hard to be calm. Jean noticed it immediately and watched as Logan responded to her in the same manner. “Morning Ro”

He placed his eggs in a plate and sat at the table next to Storm. “Do ya want some Ro, I have some left for ya…..and Jean” Jean smiled at the way he looked at Ororo. There was no doubt he still had feelings for her. If only Ororo hadn’t rushed into getting married to Forge then maybe things could be so much different now. She sighed and placed a few cups on the table and poured some juice into them. “Thank you Logan” Ororo stood up and placed some eggs in a plate for herself and then for Jean. “Where’s Scott, we usually steal his toast in the morning” said Ororo trying to lighten the mood. Jean laughed good naturedly and shrugged. “He’s still a sleep. Actually I think I’ll wake him up” before leaving Jean caught a look from Ororo. It almost looked as if she was afraid to be alone in the kitchen with Logan. Jean dismissed the thought and went to get Cyclops.

As soon as Jean left the kitchen Logan got up and wound his arms around Ororo’s waist while she made some bacon.

“Logan please, not here. We cannot afford to let people see us like this” Logan kissed her shoulder and pressed harder against her. “I know, it’s just I couldn’t wait. Seeing you and not being able to touch you or…” he kissed her cheek affectionately. “ kiss you, is driving me crazy…”
She turned around to face him and pushed him away, he reluctantly let go of her and sat back on the table. Ororo sat next to him. “Logan, I need time to think about all of this…….right now I’m so confused….” she ran her hands through her hair desperately trying to think straight, the fact that Logan was sitting next to her with a hand on her thigh didn’t help at all.
“Ro……I know this is hard and ya can have all the time ya want to figure things out but promise me you’ll tell Forge what happened. It’s better to come clean than to keep it a secret….”

“So, what, you expect me to give up my family just because of some fling…..Logan I cannot do this”

Logan was hurt by what she said. To him their relationship was definitely not some ‘fling’. He growled softly and looked away from her. “Ro, don’t lie to me and don’t lie to yerself. This aint no fling, darlin. And you know it!!” his tone of voice was getting a bit loud and Ororo gestured for him to keep his voice down. “Logan, please, be discreet about this. I’m sorry I did not mean what I said. This is something more than just a fling but I don’t think I could bare to face Forge. And most of all if I were to divorce him what would I tell Marcus. I mean what will happen after? Will you be responsible enough to be his step father? I do not think so Logan”

“Ro, I can try. I know I aint father material but that don’t mean I can’t try. I know I’ll never be able to replace his father but I’ll try my very best”

“That maybe so but I….I do not want to lose my baby. What if Forge tries to gain full custody of Marcus somehow? What if-”

“Calm down Ro, as much as I don’t like that husband of yers I know he would never do that to ya. He wouldn’t do stop his only son from seeing his mother”

“You are right, but what if Marcus asks me why me and his father aren’t together….what would I tell him then?”

Logan wrapped his arms around Storm and hugged her. “You’ll just tell him the truth. You don’t love Forge anymore”

“But I still love Forge!!”

Logan sighed and looked away. “I see” “Maybe yesterday really didn’t mean anything to you” he moved away from her and carried on eating.

Ororo gave him an apologetic look and a tear made its way to her cheek. “Logan….last night meant everything to me…..” she caressed his face and turned it so he would face her. “I love you, I always have……..ever since you left I never stopped loving you. But I had to move on Logan…….I had to……..and now that you’re back my life is just a complete mess….”

Logan frowned. “I’m sorry..…I wish things could have been different, I was scared of falling in love. I simply wasn’t ready and when you told me you loved me all those years ago I just couldn’t say it back. But now it’s so different, I came here hoping to find you here and hoping to be with you again….I love you Ororo and I just can’t…….I don’t want to let ya go this time darlin” Ororo couldn’t hold her tears.

“Goddess, what are we going to do……..” Ororo suddenly wasn’t hungry anymore. “I’m going to go for a walk Logan. I need to think” she drank some of the orange juice Jean had poured into her cup and started to walk out. Before she could leave Logan grabbed her hand. He caressed her face and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Ororo wanted to protest but couldn’t stop herself from kissing him back. Soon their kiss turned more passionate and almost desperate. Ororo suddenly pushed Logan away, abruptly breaking the kiss and walked out. Logan was left gasping for air as he stared at the kitchen door.

After a few minutes Logan sighed and went back to eating, placing some of Ororo’s eggs in his plate. No point in wasting food. A few seconds passed before his nose caught an unpleasant smell. He soon realised that the bacon was now burning. “Damn it!!”


TBC…………….

Sorry I know it was a real cheesy way to end it but I promise the next chap will be better.





You must login () to review.