Title: People Change

Disclaimer: I don’t own the x-men, they do not belong to me. I make absolutely no profit in writing these stories, please do not sue.

Rated: R/NC-17

Summary: ……….I can’t tell y’all what’s going to happen, it would spoil the suspense.

Chapter 7 “ Time to face the music

Ororo walked through the mansion’s vast gardens, thinking of her conversation with Logan. The wind was warm and welcoming, almost as if in an attempt to calm her. She sighed and watched the morning sky. Looking up at the sky always made her relax somehow, but not this time, not in this situation. What was she to do? Tell Forge the truth about her and Logan or keep it a secret. ((Why did I let this happen?)) she thought miserably.

((What happened, Ororo?))

((Jean?))

((Where are you? I came back in the kitchen and Logan told me you went off for a walk, are you okay?)) Jean’s concern was evident even through the telepathic link.

((I’m fine, I just……I need to talk to you Jean, I cannot hold this in any longer….))

((Ororo, what’s happening?))

((Just meet me in my green house and could you check on Marcus on your way……))

((….Sure, I’ll be there with you in ten minutes))

((Thank you, Jean))

Ororo walked towards her green house, hoping that a talk with Jean would help her calm down.




“Everything okay Jean?” asked Scott, he picked up his newspaper and started reading it.

“Yes, will you excuse me for a second?”

He kept his gaze on the newspaper and said, “Sure”

After Jean left Logan looked at Scott. “Is reading the newspaper all you do in the morning?”

Scott shot him an annoyed glare and went back to reading. Logan mumbled something and continued eating the half burned bacon. Meanwhile Scott turned to the second page of his newspaper and asked Logan to pass him some bacon. “Sure thing bub” said Logan grinning wickedly. He passed Scott a really burned peace of bacon.

“Thanks” Scott picked up his fork and proceeded on eating the bacon, by this time Logan was already out of the kitchen. As he took a bite the disgusting taste of the burned bacon made him double over. “LOGAN!!!!!”

Logan laughed hysterically in the hallway, “Cyke” he yelled making sure that Scott could hear him.

Back in the kitchen Scott threw the bacon in the trash can and poured some orange juice in his cup, uttering all sorts of profanities.

Meanwhile in Ororo’s green house………

“Ororo, you there?” Jean walked in the greenhouse holding Marcus in her arms.

“Hey Jean” she looked up from where she sat and smiled at the sight of her son. “How’s my little man doing this morning?”

“He’s still sleepy” Jean walked towards her and sat in a nearby chair. As soon as Marcus opened his eyes and saw his mother he reached for her. “Hey mommy”
Ororo grabbed him and placed him on her laps “Hello sweetie” the little boy wound his arms around her neck and rested his head on the crook of her neck, slowly drifting back to sleep, again.

“So, what’s up?”

“Jean, I think I’ve made a big mistake”

“What do you mean?”

“Logan” she sighed. She tapped her head and Jean understood what she meant.

((So what about Logan))

((I…..Jean I feel so bad, so guilty))

((…..of what, what….what’s happened?))

((I slept with him Jean. I-I slept with Logan))
Jean stared at her best friend dumbfounded, “You did what?!” Ororo tapped her head yet again and Jean told her telepathically, ((Why?))

((I don’t know Jean, he said he still has feelings for me and I think I’m still in love with him))

Jean sighed, she always knew Ororo loved Logan and after he left her 6 years ago the love was still there. Marrying Forge didn’t change a thing.

((Jean I seriously do not know what to do with myself. Forge is going to be back tomorrow and I don’t think I could bare to even look him in the eye and tell him I love him because I’m not sure if that’s how I feel)).

((Ororo, are you sure you love Logan? What if he leaves again?))

((I honestly don’t know Jean, he genuinely seems to love me this time……..I’m so confused, all I know is that I feel something for him. What am I going to do?))

Jean took Ororo’s hand and responded, ((All I can say is that you have to follow your heart. Forge is a good man, a good father but if you don’t love him the way you do Logan then there is no reason for you to stay with him honey))

((Goddess how could I let this happen?))

((Ororo you can’t control who you love. It’s simple as that…))

((You know what the worst thing is? Forge actually thought something WAS going on between me and Logan but at that time there wasn’t except now there is and when I tell him the truth I’m going to sound like such a hypocrite)) Tears made their way to Ororo’s beautiful face making Jean’s heart squeeze.

“Ororo honey, please don’t cry. It kills me to see you like this” she hugged her affectionately and rocked her back and forth. ((Please don’t cry Ororo, don’t let Marcus see you like this))

Ororo nodded her head and recollected her composure, ((You are right))

“Goddess, my beautiful little man” she kissed Marcus’s forehead while he slept in her arms. Jean caressed his hair and looked back at Ororo. “There is one thing I can do for you though”

“What do you mean?”

“I can search your mind and see what you really feel. That is if you let me” Jean said.

Ororo gave the idea thought; it seemed like a good way to understand what she really felt.

“Go ahead”

Jean nodded and placed her hand on the side of Ororo’s head. She winced in slight pain and closed her eyes. “Honey, don’t fight it, just let your mind shields down I don’t want to force you”

Storm smiled sheepishly and apologised, “Sorry”

Jean smiled and tried again, “It’s okay”

This time Ororo carefully let all her mental shields down and basically opened her mind to Jean.

After a few minutes Jean moved her hand away from Ororo and looked at her smiling affectionately.

“So…?”

“…..after all this time and all the nights you came to me crying, you still love him? I just hope he doesn’t mess things up this time or I’ll seriously give him a reason not to come back” Ororo smiled at her friend and stood up.

“So, what are you going to do?”

“Tell Forge. He’s going to hate me, but I have no choice.................”

They both walked back into the kitchen and found Scott reading some magazine. “Hey ladies, come to join me for breakfast?”

“Morning Scott” he glanced at Ororo and smiled. “Morning”

Jean sat next to him and drank his orange juice. “I could have poured you some in a cup you know. I actually wanted to drink that” Jean giggled and kissed his cheek.
Scott frowned and continued reading his magazine, “Heh, women”

Ororo sat opposite the couple and attempted to wake up Marcus. “C’mon honey, time to eat” he mumbled something and rested his head on her neck.

“Marcus, behave, it’s time to get up” the little boy reluctantly opened his eyes and sat up on her lap. “Good boy”

After fifteen minutes most of the X-Men were downstairs having breakfast, Scott headed towards the garage to wash his precious car only to find it dented.

He stormed back in the kitchen shouting insanely. “Who, dented my car!?!”
The whole kitchen went dead silent with only the sounds of birds from outside the garden being heard. “I’m not going to repeat myself!!”

Jubilee glanced at Jean stifling a giggle. ((You’re in for it now Jean))

Jean glared at her. ((Not funny. He’ll get over it))

Jubilee glimpsed at Scott’s obviously angry face and looked back to Jean. ((I sure wouldn’t wanna be you right now)). Jean sighed and walked over to Scott, “Scott, honey. Can we talk……in private?”

“Just let me find out who dented my car and then we can talk all you want honey” he said not really looking at her.

“Scott, it’s really important” she whispered in his ear. Scott being the man that he was nodded and gestured for her to lead him outside.

“Not one of you move”

After the two left Remy was the first to speak. “Remy think it’s wise to say that today’s danger room session will be hell from the look on ol Cyclops’s face”

“You got that right” said Bobby.

“I suggest we all take leave from today’s danger room exercise and stay clear of him” stated Hank.

“You can say that again” said Rogue.

Everyone eventually started eating and talking again when a loud shout could be heard from down the hallway.

“YOU DID WHAT!!!”

“I’m sorry honey, I was just parking the car and I didn’t see…..”

“HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU?!”

“I’m sorry…”

“WELL THAT’S NOT GOING TO FIX THE DENT ON MY CAR IS IT NOW!”

“Jesus, Scott, I said I’m sorry”

Scott sighed and took a few breaths to calm himself. “Just know that you’re going to pay for the damage you’ve done to my beautiful car”
Jean giggled and kissed him. He swatted her ass and grinned. “You little minx, I’ll never know why I let you get away with everything”

“Because you love me”

“Lord help me. Tell everyone else that the danger room session for today is cancelled. I need to fix my car” he headed to the garage while Jean walked back to the kitchen.

Back in the kitchen………

“Did anyone hear those noises last night?” asked Bobby.

“What noises?” asked Remy. Bobby gestured for him to come close and whispered something in his ear. Gambit’s eyes widened at what Bobby just told him. “No way mon ami, you mus have got it wrong” he whispered back while he took a peek at Ororo.

“I’m telling you man, my room is not too far from hers. She wasn’t sleeping alone, I can tell ya that”

“But Forge aint here Bobby” stated Remy.

Bobby grinned and whispered, “I think she’s having an affair”

“Nonsense Bobby”

“I’m serious, she wasn’t alone and believe me it didn’t sound like she was having a ‘friendly’ romp in the bed with whoever was there with her. It sounded like-”

“Will you jus shut up, she aint havin an affair an dats da end of it Bobby. I don’t want to hear ya say anything else you undastand homme” he hissed.

Bobby looked at Remy questioningly and started to think. ((Maybe he’s having an affair with her!! That would explain why he doesn’t want to listen to what I have to say. Hmmmm. Didn’t think Roro had it in her to cheat. Interesting…..)).




After taking Marcus to the park for a fun day out, Ororo returned home utterly tired. She decided to take a nap on the living room sofa while Marcus watched some cartoons with Bobby and Rogue.

An hour later Bobby, Rogue and Marcus went into the kitchen to treat themselves to some ice-cream.

Logan walked into the living room and found Ororo asleep. He sat on a near by armchair and gazed at her. Her soft white tresses framed her beautiful face, her arm was placed on her stomach while her legs were completely stretched. His gaze travelled back to her face; she looked so peaceful and so calm like she didn’t have a care in the world. He smiled at the memory of how odd a couple they were. Arguing all the time. Something had definitely changed, she didn’t swear every chance she got and her temper was kept at bay, most of all she had grown into a very attractive woman. He knew that the instant he saw her.

He sighed and sat there a few more minutes just watching her, yearning to touch her, hold her and kiss her. ((Why, why did she have to get married damn it!?!)). After making love to her he couldn’t keep her off his mind. Now she was here sleeping so peacefully and he wanted nothing but to touch her, even a slight caress would make him happy. ((Look what love’s reduce me to. A pitiful excuse for a man, I’ve become a better looking version of ol’ One Eye)) he laughed at the thought and decided to talk to Scott about his situation later on. As much he hated to admit it Cyclops was a good friend.

Ororo seemed to be still asleep and Logan realised he must have been staring at her for quite awhile, he focused his attention on the television and decided to watch a DVD. He looked through the various titles and stumbled unto ‘Final Destination 2’, he thought about it for a second and decided to watch it. ((God knows I need a laugh right now)) he placed the DVD in and started to watch the movie. He had to admit it was making him feel better, somehow. Bobby and Rogue walked in and sat near Logan.

“Oh right on, I aint watched this movie in a long time. Good choice Logan”

Logan smiled and turned his attention back to the television.

Ororo gradually woke up and headed to the kitchen for a glass of water and went back to the living room. “Where’s Marcus?”

“Oh, we put him to bed for his evening nap sugah” replied Rogue.

“Thank you Rogue” she drank her water and watched the movie, not once glancing at Logan.




After dinner Scott and Jean left for a night out together; so did Remy and Rogue. Bobby Hank and Logan sat at the kitchen table just talking while Ororo read a bed time story to Marcus before leaving his room.

“Mom?”

“Yes sweetie”

“When’s dad coming back?”

Ororo caressed his forehead and smiled affectionately at him, “Tomorrow”

“ ‘Kay”

By the time Ororo finished reading him his favourite bed-time story he had fallen asleep. She closed the small book and kissed his forehead.

After leaving her son’s room she decided to read a book in the small library near the conference room.




After a late night game of poker with Hank and Bobby, Logan decided to roam around the mansion. He wondered where Ororo would be, she hadn’t spoken to him since their talk this morning. Was she avoiding him? He needed to find her and speak with her.
He didn’t want to pressurise her about their relationship but he needed to know if she was willing to leave Forge. If she chose to stay with Forge he probably wouldn’t know what to do with himself, just the thought of her not wanting him made him feel vulnerable, weak and miserable.

He followed her scent and walked into the library, “Hey”

She looked at him startled and smiled, “Hello Logan, what brings you here”

He laughed and sat next to her. “You. I was looking for you”

She glanced up at him and studied his expression. “Logan-”

“Let’s not play games Ororo. Just tell me if you’ve made up your mind. I don’t want to pressurise you, but what I do need to know is that you want this thing between me and you to work out. And whatever your choice is just know that I’ll always be here for you, as your lover or just as…..your friend”

Ororo placed her book on the coffee table near the sofa and kissed him. She heard all she
needed to hear from him. He broke the kiss and cupped her face with his hands, “I do love ya darlin. I’ve always loved ya, I was such an idiot all those years ago for not realising it”

“I love you too Logan, always have”

“I don’t know what I’d be without ya ‘Ro. I’m sorry for hurtin yer feelings all those years ago” he sighed and looked at her.

“Its okay Logan, we love each other and that’s all that counts”

“Yeah…….guess I gotta prepare myself for the bashing am gonna get from ya husband. Not to mention ‘Mr. Swamp Rat’ himself. He’s gonna hate me for life”

“Remy is just being an overprotective brother Logan. He’s just worried about me. As for Forge I hope he finds it in his heart to forgive me one day”

Logan gently caressed her face, relishing the softness of her skin, “I’ll be right there for ya. Ya know that don’t you. Whatever happens we’ll work this out”

He caressed her shoulder and added, “I won’t leave you ever again darlin. Ever, I promise”

“I know”

He kissed her softly, gently biting on her lower lip. She wrapped her arms around him enjoying the feel of his body against hers. He gently ran his fingers up her leg, starting at her knee. He spread his palm over her hip and moved his hand further up. He watched his hand move up her side, over her shoulder and down her back. He kissed her neck nibbling it a little, “God, yer so beautiful ‘Ro” he muttered. The last time they made love it was in the dark and although he could still see her body it was nothing like he saw her now. The light in the library was dimmed and emanated a kind of romantic atmosphere.

She turned over onto her back so she was slightly under him. She slid her arm under him so she could touch his back. The other hand settled on his forearm. By this time they were stretched out on the sofa, Logan on top and Ororo underneath him gazing at him lovingly. He slid his hand up her stomach, under her t-shirt. As soon as his fingertips skimmed the underside of her breasts, he pushed her t-shirt up and clamped his mouth over one of her nipples. Ororo gasped as the pleasure he was giving her was making her lose complete control of herself. “Logan….oh Goddess…..”

He reluctantly stopped what he was doing so he could take his white wife beater off.
For some reason Ororo noticed the dog tags he was wearing and the way they laid against his skin. She followed the chain up and around his neck.

Logan noticed Ororo concentrating on something, but it wasn’t him. He dipped his head down and played with her breasts again. He loved the feel of them under his tongue, in his mouth. Soft, supple, and full. And god did she smell good. He could easily identify her scent, it was uniquely hers. He felt her hands on his chest, tracing his pecs, then down his stomach. Ororo’s hands glided over his sides, up his lower back as she arched hers granting him further access to her chest. He covered her with his teeth - biting, nipping at her skin, and leaving wet spots from his curious tongue. She slid her hands under the top of his jeans, pushing them down. Logan stopped yet again and removed his jeans leaving him with his boxers, which he soon got rid off. He watched Ororo while taking off his clothes and grinned wickedly at her. “Time for ya ta take yer clothes off for me darlin”

She sat up on the sofa keeping her eyes focused on his and easily removed her t-shirt. Logan swiftly helped her to take off her sweatpants and ran his hand over her thighs. He growled almost ferociously at the sight of her in just bra and panties. “Damnit you’re so fuckin beautiful”

She closed her eyes. It was one thing to feel him, but she couldn’t listen to his voice too. It turned her on beyond belief.
She caressed his strong shoulders and placed both her hands on his back. Logan growled softly and popped one claw out. Ororo looked at him questioningly, she knew he would never hurt her but she was quite curious to know what he intended to do with his adamantium claw. He gently used the cool metal to perfectly cut her bra into two and sheathed his claw. Ororo frowned at him and he smirked in return.

“Couldn’t you have done it the conventional way or let alone ask me to undo it” it wasn’t really a question nor a statement. She knew he wasn’t going to listen to her.
He chuckled and took her panties off. There. She was entirely naked with the sexiest smile plastered on her face and all he could do was stare appreciatively at her body.

He repositioned himself in between her smooth thighs and held himself above her. He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but she grabbed him around the back of the neck and kissed him deeply to shut him up. She slid her other hand down his chest, raking her nails down his stomach then grabbing him firmly in her hand.
He moved his hips, sliding his throbbing cock in and out of her hand. She squeezed him, then loosened her grip. She repeated this until he couldn’t take much more. “’Ro I need ta be…….oh God ‘Ro I need ta be inside ya….” He gasped at the sheer pleasure he felt from what she was doing to him. “…now, darlin”

She led him into her hot waiting center and felt his breath hitch in his chest. She pulled his body down on top of hers, snaked her legs down around his and stifled her own moan.

He felt her legs around his, her body under his, her silky, burning skin wrapped around him. He finally started moving in and out of her while she pushed her head back against the sofa and groaned. His tongue darted out and ran along her neck, over the soft flesh under her chin, then back down under her ear. She ran her hands along his back, feeling every muscle contract and release as he slammed into her. His thrusts were deep, long and steady, touching her in all the right places with all the right pressure. He wasn’t going as fast as she would have liked and it occurred to her that he was doing it on purpose. So she tried to encourage him, but he wouldn’t comply and Ororo knew exactly why this had been a bad idea.
She ran her hands up his arms, gripped his wrists and bucked her hips against his. He groaned and had to quicken his rhythm to keep in time with hers. He pulled his head up out of the crook of her neck and she attacked his mouth leaving his lips begging for more.

He pulled his mouth away from hers and tried to speak but she cut him off. “Please Logan, you don’t know how hard it has been for me to be without you today. Without being able to touch you……to feel you inside of me” She recognized the lustful look he shot her and instantly felt him press harder into her. “Oh……yes Logan” she hissed.
She dug her nails into his wrists, tilted her hips up to meet his and squeezed him impossibly hard every time he drove himself into her.

Their thrusting had reached a fevered pace as they rode each other hard and fast. She felt the familiar tingling in the base of her spine, the coiling inside her when he rubbed her. She felt his hot, rapid breath in her ear, felt the cords in his wrists and forearms straining as he pulled himself up and into her body.

He recognized the pitch her moaning took as she was reaching her breaking point and then felt her body tense and shudder as her orgasm took her over, taking him over with her.

He thrust gentler a few more times as they came down. She let go of his wrists and slid her hands down over his arms and down to his lower back where they came to rest.
Logan shifted their position so she’d be lying on top of him. She rested her head on his chest while taking his right hand into hers and caressing his rough knuckles.

“You okay?” he whispered huskily

“Yes, I couldn’t be happier”

“Heh” he smirked at her and laid his head back into the sofa.

“Hmmm……do you remember our first date?”

A small smile formed on Logan’s face as he remembered the first time they had gone out as a couple. “Yeah, if I remember correctly it was during the summer holidays and we went to that restaurant you liked so much”

“Yes I remember that day as if it were yesterday” she sated softly. She turned her head to face him. “It was the first date *I* had to pay for” Logan laughed good-naturedly.

“Very funny, wind-rider. I was broke okay” he glanced at her amiably. “Besides, that restaurant was expensive”

Ororo giggled and gave him a soft peck on the lips, which then turned into a heated and passionate kiss. It seemed that Logan just couldn’t get enough of her. “HmmLogan I don’t think I can-”

“I know” he interjected. He sighed and brushed a soft strand of hair off her face. “My damn healing factor seems to have its faults”

She laughed and looked deep into his eyes. “It’s not necessarily a fault. More like a trait to me. I just don’t think I can keep up”

He nibbled her ear and whispered roughly, “Oh don’t worry darlin I’ll make sure you *do* keep up”

She laughed and reluctantly stood up. He couldn’t hide the fact that it pained him to see her leave. He didn’t want to go back to his empty bed, he wanted to be curled up with her during the night and wake up to her beautiful face in the morning. “Ro, where ya goin?”

“To my room” she said while picking up her clothes. He mumbled something incoherent which caused Ororo to turn around.

“What did you say?”

“Nothin” he mumbled

She regarded him warningly and said, “Logan, don’t be such a child”

“Sorry, it’s just that I don’t want to go to bed without ya. I-I can’t sleep because I can’t stop thinking of ya………I-”

“Shhh…….I know. It’s the same for me. That’s why you should pick your clothes, get dressed and follow me to my room” she saw his face light up and smiled.

“I thought you were-”

She covered his mouth with hers and kissed him. “Will that shut you up”
He smiled and picked up his clothes and immediately got dressed. He walked behind her and hugged her. “Love ya”

Ororo smiled and leaned into him. “Me too, c’mon let’s go upstairs”

He grinned and grabbed her hand. They managed to sneak their way through the mansion and entered her room.




Logan woke up groggily as the morning light made its way through Ororo’s large windows. “Argh, damned sun light. Should have closed them fucking curtains last night”

“Tsk, tsk Logan, language”
“Please Ro, don’t give me that language crap, if I recall perfectly you had quite a nasty mouth yerself”
She laughed and walked towards him. He noticed she had a towel wrapped around her and her wet hair clinging to her face, which made her look cute. “Darlin, next time ya take a shower wake me up” he unconsciously licked his lips and looked her up and down. She chuckled and sat next to him, trying to dry her hair.

“How long does it take for yer hair ta dry?”

She ruffled her hair a with the towel and said, “Not too long”

“Hmm….” he sat up and crawled behind her, his legs alongside hers, while her back was against his chest and his groin against the small of her back. He wound his arms around her waist and kissed her neck inhaling her sweet scent. “ya smell good……so good”

She dropped her towel to the floor and leaned into him. He took this as a gesture for him to go on and moved his hands towards her breasts slowly. “Yer so beautiful, do you know what ya do to me?”

She tried to say something but she couldn’t, her voice had suddenly left her. “I-I…”
He cupped her breasts in his hands and massaged them tenderly and continued to kiss her neck. All the while moving his groin against her lower back harder.

But suddenly a knock came to the door. “grrr…..dammit” He growled angrily and moved away from her so she could get up. She kissed him on the forehead while he laid in bed with his hands behind his head.

“Sorry”

“It’s alright darlin”

She wrapped her towel tightly against her and opened the door.

“Hey Stormy”

“Morning Remy”

“Jus thought of wakin ya up chere. You been sleepin for quite a while. Anyway Forge is back and he’s downstairs havin breakfast with everyone else.”

Ororo forced a smile. “I’ll be downstairs in a few. Thanks for waking me up” she said quite dismissingly.

“You aight chere?”

“Yes, I’m fine”

“Well then I’ll see ya downstairs”

After closing the door she sighed. She hadn’t expected Forge to be back until later in the afternoon. ((No matter, the sooner the better……)).

By this time Logan was up and was wearing his boxers. He walked towards her and hugged her. “Everythin okay darlin?”

“Forge is back….”

He rubbed her arms gently, “It’s going to be okay Ro. I’ll be there with ya” she turned to face him and cupped his face in her hands. “I know. You don’t know how much it means to me to have you with me”

He kissed her hand smiling at her charmingly. They both kissed and eventually got dressed.

By the time she was down the stairs Ororo was already nervous. Logan held her hand in hope to reassure her. ((Time to face the music)) she thought miserably.

TBC……………..





You must login () to review.