Title: People Change

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….Marvel does. I’m just borrowing them for fun.

Chapter 2

Logan sat in the kitchen by himself thinking of Ororo. He hadn’t seen her since he got back and he didn’t have the courage to ask anyone about her.
*I wonder what she looks like now. She’s probably even more beautiful than I can remember* he thought to himself as a small smile crept up his face.

He walked to the fridge and grabbed a beer. After greeting everyone in the mansion and talking to the professor he decided to just sit in and relax, but he couldn’t help but think of her. It had been six long years since he hadn’t seen her and he wanted to see her, talk to her and explain to her why he ended things between them in the past. Everything seemed so complicated then but now it was different, now he wanted to be with her, he wanted to tell her what he felt for her but things weren’t going to be that simple. While he was immersed in his thoughts someone rang the bell and seeing that nobody was answering it Logan took it upon himself to open the door.

As he opened it Logan got the shock of his life. There stood Ororo, with the same expression as his, holding a little boy that looked about four years old in her arms.
They both stood there looking at each other in disbelief but for different reasons.
Logan was surprised to see a more mature Ororo; she was different from the girl he used to know. Her hair was much longer now and her eyes were even bluer than he remembered.
On the other hand Ororo wasn’t thinking the same way, she was shocked beyond belief and if it wasn’t for Marcus she would have probably fainted right there.

“Mom, I wanna go see uncle Remy he promised me he would teach me how to play cards” whined the little boy obviously not understanding what was going on.
Logan’s gaze fell on the boy and realised just what the boy said. *He called her mom……that means….* Logan couldn’t bring himself to think of what that meant even if he already knew.

Ororo put Marcus down and caressed his face affectionately. “Go find Uncle Remy then, but don’t get into any trouble, okay sweetie”
Marcus looked at her with a huge grin and kissed her cheek. “Thanx mommy” after that he left and headed out in the garden where Remy was relaxing.

In the meantime Ororo closed the door and turned her attention back to Logan. He hadn’t said a word ever since and she was getting tired of playing the silent game.
“It’s nice to see you Logan” she forced a polite smile.

Logan licked his lips, and looked her up and down. He wanted to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. He was speechless. He never imagined seeing her again would have this overwhelming effect on him.

“It’s nice ta see you too, darlin”

“So, why are you here? Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to be rude, it’s just weird that after all these years you came back here”

Logan smiled and stepped closer to her. “Did ya miss me?” he wasn’t joking. He wanted, no, needed to know. But Ororo wasn’t going to give in so easily. She looked at his somewhat grey eyes and smiled, she was trying ever so hard to hide the feelings that were surfacing. She always had a soft spot for him, but now things were different she had Forge and Marcus to think about.

“We all missed you Logan” was all she said, but Logan knew she was dodging the question skilfully. She was much different, she had more control and he found it extremely hard to read her expression. She seemed calm and serene, even though he could sense a bit of nervousness coming off her.

“Well, it’s good to know. I missed being here too.”

An uncomfortable silence settled between them once again and just when he was about to ask her about Marcus, Forge was making his way downstairs. Logan turned around and looked at the man coming towards them. He was slightly taller than him, medium built.

“Hey, you must be Logan. Sorry I didn’t introduce myself earlier”

Ororo didn’t have a clue on what to do or say. If she showed any sign of discomfort Logan would certainly pick up on it with his senses. But Forge would notice as well, after all he wasn’t her husband for nothing he could read her like a book. Partly anyway, only Remy had the capability to truly understand her.
On the other hand if she acted like Logan’s presence didn’t bother her Forge would notice her discomposure. What to do? Being a smart woman she opted for neither of those. She just acted as normal as she could, if that was even possible.

“Nice ta meet ya, bub” Logan and Forge shook hands respectively. After that Forge walked past him and headed towards Ororo.

“Where’s Marcus?”

“He’s with Remy, learning how to play cards” Forge smiled and kissed his wife. Ororo felt a bit tense knowing that Logan was there but if she didn’t respond to Forge’s kiss he would start thinking something was up. And she didn’t need that right now.
Logan didn’t like what he saw, at all. *What the fuck is happenin here!!!* It never crossed his mind that Storm would have moved on by now, sure it was selfish but it wasn’t a crime to think that.
Ororo was embarrassed beyond belief and was fighting very hard to hide it. After Forge broke the kiss he looked at her slightly puzzled. She had to do something fast, staying in the same room with these two men was driving her crazy.

Logan looked at her intensely almost forcing her to meet his gaze, but she couldn’t.

“I have to go Forge. I need to talk to Hank about something”
Forge looked at her and smiled tenderly, he knew she was going to talk to Beast about his progress. She was worried about him, as usual, and at that moment he felt like the luckiest man in the world.

“Okay, I’ll see you later then”

She looked at Logan and prayed to her Goddess that her voice sounded normal and controlled.

“I will see you later Logan” to her surprise, it did. All Logan could do was nod and stare after her while he tried to understand what exactly was going on.

Both men were looking at her leave and go through the hall. Forge turned to Logan and smiled politely.

“Well, I should be off, I’m injured and if I don’t get some rest my dear wife will probably give me a reason to. It was nice to meet you, I hope you’ll be staying with us for awhile”

*WIFE!!!* Logan winced and forced a smile. “Yeah, I’ll be stayin here for awhile”

After that Forge left and Logan stood there. He wanted to let out his anger, he wanted to lash out and let his inner animal loose, but he knew better. What exactly was he expecting? He cursed himself for being such a fool and looked at his right hand when he realised that he had crushed his can of beer, and the liquid had slowly made its way to the floor.

“Shit!!”


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


It was now past dinner time and everybody was relaxing in the big living room.

Scott and Jean were sitting comfortably on the sofa, while Bobby, Forge and Marcus were playing on the Playstation 2. Rogue and Remy were out having dinner and Betsy was playing pool with Jubilee and Hank.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Ororo walked through the massive garden of the Mansion and relaxed near a small lake. Usually she and Remy would come here and talk about things late at night but today he was out with Rogue and she needed some time alone, partly because of Logan’s arrival.
But unluckily for her today wasn’t her lucky day because there was somebody else there with her and she knew exactly who it was, it was the only person in the mansion that smoked cigars.

Logan walked and sat next to her, still smoking.

“You do know that’s not good for your health”

“I’ve got a healin factor darlin, it can’t hurt me” he smiled to himself and looked at her.

Ororo sat there still not meeting his powerful gaze, not sure of how she would feel if she looked at him.

“So what’s been goin on? We aint had enough time to talk and you barely looked at me during dinner, am startin to get the feelin u don’t want me here” he said still looking at her. Ororo couldn’t stand it anymore and looked him straight in the eyes, despite the fact that it was getting dark she could still see his figure thanks to the light the moon was emanating. And that definitely wasn’t helping. He was wearing a white T-shirt that clung to his muscular body and tight blue jeans. Everything about him made her nervous, which was strange since he had never had that sort of effect on her. Sure she’d been attracted to him, and unconsciously she still was but he never made her feel…uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry If I gave you that impre-”

“Cut the crap Ororo!!” cut in Logan, obviously tired of not knowing what was going on.

Storm winced at his outburst and stood up ready to leave.

“Oh no ya don’t, we’re gonna talk darlin” he stood up as well and grabbed her arm.

“Fine!! What exactly do you want to know Logan? Does the fact that I’ve moved on with my life make you angry. Did you think I’d wait for you all this time, you have some nerve!! I’ve met someone I love who loves me back and we have a beautiful son called Marcus, anything else you need to know?” Only Logan had the ability to make her ‘really’ angry but not to the point where she lost her control over the weather. No one had the ability to make her ‘that’ angry, yet.

Logan looked at her with something Ororo couldn’t quite describe. He let go of her arm and just stood there.

“Jeez, Ro…I just wanted to talk to ya” when Ororo didn’t reply he growled softly and stepped closer to her. “C’mon, I don’t bite you know” he could see her relax a bit so he went back to sitting near the lake hoping she would stay.

She sat next to him and stared at the water.

“So why are you back?”

“Let’s just say that having a normal life didn’t help the fact that I’m a mutant”

Ororo nodded in acknowledgment and looked up at the moon.


“So…..does he make you happy?” he asked a bit hesitantly.

“Yes, he does” she said still staring at the moon.

He sighed and carried on smoking his cigar. There was still tension between them and things certainly weren’t going to be easy once he settled in.

“That kid o’ yers, how old is he?”

Ororo smiled as she thought about her son.

“He’s four”

“He’s got yer eyes”

She looked at him and smiled. “Yes, he does……Listen Logan, I know things aren’t going to be easy between us but if you join the team as an X-Man then we have to work this out somehow”

He sighed yet again. This was really frustrating for him, he wasn’t expecting her to be married already. He was hoping he could have a chance at being with her, but she had a son which made matters even more complicated.

“I agree. I just, I……..I still have feelings for ya Ro”

Storm had no idea on what to say, deep down she knew she still felt something for him even after all these years but she would never admit it to herself or to him for that matter.

“Logan I-”

“I know you’re married now and you’ve got a son, I just felt like telling ya. You know you’re one of da few people I can talk to” he looked away not wanting her to see his pained expression.

Ororo smiled tenderly at him, she was still angry for what he did to her six years ago but as said before she had a soft spot for him. She caressed his face and turned it so he was facing her.

“I know, let’s just try to be the good friends that we used to be, okay?”

“Yeah, friends. I’d like that” he said reluctantly.

Storm looked at her watch and sighed. It was almost ten o’clock and Marcus was long overdue for bed and knowing Forge him and Bobby were probably still playing on the PS2.

“I have to make sure Marcus is asleep now. Maybe we can talk later.”

Logan nodded and stood up. Ororo did the same and they both walked up to the mansion.
As they entered Logan left and headed towards the danger room, while Ororo went to the living room.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

10.30 pm……

After putting Marcus to bed Ororo went to her and Forge’s room. Forge was already sleeping so she decided not to make too much noise while she changed into her nightgown. She silently made her way to the bed and covered herself. She turned to look at Forge hoping he was still up but he looked like he was deep into sleep so she decided to forget about it and get some sleep.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


2 Hours passed and Ororo still couldn’t get any sleep. She decided to check up on Marcus and get a cup of coffee. After checking up on her son Ororo made her way to the kitchen, she turned on the light and looked at the time. 12.32 am. She sighed and took a small cup from the cupboard and made herself some coffee.

She sat there for twenty minutes enjoying the silence that settled in. After finishing her coffee she still didn’t feel sleepy which was quite strange……..*Maybe working out in the danger room will help* she thought to herself as she made her way to the operating booth of the Danger room.

Logan was fighting against a pair of huge Robots until they both vanished into thin air.

“What the….”

Ororo looked at him from the top of the booth and smiled. Logan smiled back and sheathed his claws.

She made her way inside and looked at Logan with a raised eyebrow, he definitely had more muscles than the last time she saw him, but it made no difference to her……right?

“Whatcha doin here Ro, couldn’t get any sleep?”

“Yes, I made myself some coffee and I still can’t get any sleep. I thought maybe working out in the Danger room would help”

“Well you’re lucky I’m here then because I’ll make you so tired you won’t come back in here for weeks” Ororo couldn’t help laughing and went to change into her training suit while Logan set up a random training program. They spent a whole our fighting and getting all worked up until they couldn’t take anymore.

Ororo was the first one to give up, which made Logan laugh a little.

“What’s so funny, Canadian?” she asked playfully.

“Nothing, just thought you’d last longer than that, you’ve been slacking off”

Ororo chuckled at his response while he simply smiled at her. It was a beautiful genuine smile that people rarely saw come from him.

“You should do that more often”

He looked at her puzzled.

“You should smile more often, it makes you look……cute”

“Cute?”

“Yeah, cute” Ororo almost burst out laughing at the look on his face. His smile was now gone and was replaced by a mischievous grin, which wasn’t good.

“Logan” she said warningly, but it was already too late he launched after her and tickled her without mercy.

“You say I’m cute I’ll show you cute!!” he said between laughs.

“Logan, I give up!! Please stop” she was still laughing but Logan decided to let her go. “Bright Lady, I swear I’ll get you back for this Logan”

His reply was a soft chuckle and nothing else. Silence settled between the two and they both realised they were In a very compromising position. Logan’s head rested just below her breasts and his whole body was sprawled on top of her. But neither of them moved, instead Logan made himself even more comfortable as he settled his head in the crook of her neck inhaling her sweet sent.

Ororo didn’t know what to make of it, her mind screamed at her to move and leave before someone found them like this but her heart had other plans. She placed her arms on his back and relaxed into his embrace and surprisingly enough they both fell asleep right there on the floor holding onto each other.


TBC…….





You must login () to review.