Disclaimer: I do not own X-men. X-men are owned by Marvel. I'm simply using them for fanfic.



"Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle all the way........."

He rolled his eyes as his fellow housemates sang the traditional Christmas song, a few of them off key, but not caring.

Watching everyone with a scrutinizing gaze, he saw his housemates laughing, joking, drinking eggnog and sharing stories about everything they'd done that year. Many were standing near the gigantic Christmas tree that held about a billion lights, even more tinsel and other decorations. Not to mention the huge mountain of presents under the tree. It was a nice sight.

Then why was he bothered by it all?

Maybe it was because he wasn't used to this sort of setting. Either that or he couldn't remember ever having been in a setting like this before.

Sitting in the far corner of the room, he tried to stay as removed from the party as possible while sipping his eggnog, drowned in whiskey of course. The only way he could be even more removed from the party is if he weren't there at all. He tried to leave earlier before anyone could corner him and talk him into coming. He was nearly home free when a voice had stopped him.

"Running away again?"

"Naw darlin'. Just going for a ride. Need to get away for a while."

"On Christmas Eve of all days?"

He sighed and turned around.

"Don't give me no speech about how I'm supposed to have the 'Christmas Spirit' and how I should be around the ones I love."

"I wasn't going to---"

"Yeah ya were."

She looked away and small smile crossed her face.

"I knew you were..."

"Well, can you blame me? This would be your first Christmas with us since you first came here. A lot of people would be dissapointed if you didn't stay."

He cocked a bushy eyebrow.

"Yeah? Who?"

"Jubilee, Marie, Jean, Charles, Scott---"

He nearly laughed outloud.

"Scott?"

"Okay, maybe not Scott, but a lot of people would miss you."

"Does 'a lot of people' include ya too?"

Her eyes widened and she blinked a few times, his question catching her by surprise.

He smirked.

"Uh....yes, of course that includes me as well. We are friends are we not?"

"Yeah darlin' we are."

"So...."

"So...."

"You're not making this easy."

"I never do."

She let out an exasperated sigh, but the smile was still on her lips.

"Will you stay...at least for Christmas?"

He looked away and then at her once more. He took her in. The casual stance she had that didn't quite match the slight shine of hopefulness in her beautiful eyes.

"Yeah darlin', I'll stay."

"Great" she said as she crossed the hall in a few steps and hugged him.

He was a little shocked by her reaction. Pleasantly shocked, but shocked nontheless.

That was earlier today.

And here he was now wishing he were anywhere but here.

He scanned the room once more when his eyes fell upon her. A small smile touched his lips. She was really in the Christmas spirit. Not that he was complaining about her choice of expressing herself. He still couldn't believe it though.

He looked her up and down.

A Mrs. Clause outfit. She was wearing a sexy Mrs. Claus outfit.

It hugged her body tightly. The flowing skirt was short---very short---and the top was open just enough at the top to show some cleaveage, which was way more than she ever showed. Her hair flowed down her back in silver waves and a santa hat sat on top of her head. She wore black, high heeled ankle boots with white fur around the tops that showed off her long, lean and shapely legs.

She was standing and talking with that new guy. The rich kid Warren. Tall, blonde, muscular, rich and had wings. Some of the girls, mostly the younger ones, would whisper about him and got a wistful look in their eyes when they saw him.

He didn't see what the big deal was. The kid was just another pretty boy.

Warren whispered something to her and she tossed her head back and laughed aloud.

His heart tightened in his chest at the sight. Her smile was beautiful and her blue eyes were shining.

She then placed her hand on Warren's arm and continued giggling.

Growling, he shook his head and tore his eyes away from the scene while fighting the feeling of his heart churning and the growing urge to gut the blonde.

"Come on man....join in!"

He looked over to see that it was Bobby who had called to him.

He was wearing a santa hat and standing next to him was Hank who was wearing a headband with reindeer antlers attached.

Shaking his head, he went back to his drink while Bobby shrugged his shoulders and he and Hank began to sing another round of Christmas Songs.

"O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree......"

He went to take another sip of his drink and let out a sigh when he saw that it was empty. Getting up from his chair, he walked over to the refreshment table and poured himself another glass of eggnog.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

It was Bobby. Logan glanced over and from what he could see, the kid was holding a sprig of mistle toe above Marie's head. Much to her embarassment as well as delight from the the blush and smile on her face.

"Bobby, get that thing outta here."

"Aww, come on Marie. One kiss. It's Christmas."

"Bobbbby...."

"Mariiiiie...." he mimicked her.

She rolled her eyes and he made a puppy dog face.

"Alright fine....."

Bobby smiled and looked around with a smug grin on his face.

He should have been paying a little more attention.

Suddenly Marie snatched off her gloves and grabbed him.

Logan smirked at how easily she rendered Bobby helpless by pinning his arms to his sides and holding him tightly.

'Those new powers she got from that Marvel chick are somethin' else.'

Bobby was caught off guard by the swiftness of the movement, but no one was ready for what happened next.

Marie layed the juciest kiss on the ice cube's lips. Everyone gasped or showed some kind of surprise. Everyone except the professor. Hank and Logan were about the seperate the two, but a gesture from Charles stopped them.

"How was that sugah?" Marie asked when the kiss finally ended.

"Uh....um....hmm.....why I am still conscious?"

Marie simply smiled.

She stood him upright and kissed him again.

"Merry Christmas sugah."

Everyone laughed and looked at Bobby who was blushing a beet red.

"I uh....I need to uh...go outside and...uh cool off....."

"Want me to join ya?"

"Um..sure. And you can tell me why I'm still conscious...."

"Yeah, then you can tell all of us afterwards. I am highly interested in this development."

"Well, Hank, you can ask the professor. He's the one who helped me" Marie tossed over her shoulder as she and Bobby walked outside hand in hand.

The party slowly went back to normal as everyone went back to either singing or having a conversation. Hank and Charles sat in a corner near the tree and spoke enthusiastically of Marie's change. Jubilee and Kitty sat underneath the tree, checking out presents and gossipping about what they just saw.

Logan turned back to the table and got another cup of eggnog. He sighed.

'Gotta keep a closer eye on the icecube now...'

"That was some show wasn't it?"

Logan jumped slightly at the sound of the new voice.

"Yeah darlin'. It was..."

"Are you having fun?" she teased.

He grunted.

"I'm surprised you're still here."

"Yeah, well. It's the eggnog.....it's just too good to leave behind."

She giggled.

It was a nice sound to him. A rare sound too since she hardly ever did it. Let alone cracked a smile.

"Oh, well I'll have to make it more often to keep you around."

"Yeah, ya better make some more now cause as soon as this batch is done, I'm outta here."

Getting himself yet another drink, he noticed the music had changed.

"Would you like to dance Logan?"

He rolled his eyes and turned around.

"Darlin' I----"

His words died on his lips when he saw her up close.

"Logan?"

"Ororo---ya look...wow."

She smiled.

"That is the first time you have ever called me Ororo."

Logan continued to stare.

"Logan? Are you going to dance with me or are you going to just stand there?"

"Oh..uh..."

'Say yes.'

Logan blinked a few times and shook his head. Ororo hadn't moved her lips and yet he was sure he heard a voice.

'Say yes Logan. Dance with her, you know you want to.'

'Jeannie, ya know bettern' to go in my head without permission.'

She mentally giggled.

'I know, but you need a little push every now and then.'

'Now's one of those times huh?'

'Yup...now answer her before she thinks you don't want to dance with her.'

'Yeah, yeah. Don't rush me.'

She mentally stuck her tongue out and he felt her presence leave his mind.

"Logan?"

"Sure darlin' let's go."

He put his hands on her waist and she put her hands on his shoulders. Logan frowned a little at the space between them and pulled her flush against his body, wrapping his arms around her.

Logan looked up at Ororo only to find her looking in another direction.

"What's the matter goddess? Can't look at me while we're dancin'?"

"No, it's not that. It's just that there's so much space above your head that I can't help but look all over the place."

Logan growled playfully and squeezed her sides. He smiled when she let out a few giggles and squirmed in his grip.

"Logan, cut it out" she laughed.

"Cut out the short jokes and I will."

They continued dancing until they heard a few continuous giggles.

The giggling had begun to grate on Logan's nerves and he turned his head to give Kitty and Jubilee a dirty look only to find them and everyone else, including Bobby and Marie who were now standing in the doorway of the livingroom, staring at them with smiles on their faces.

"What're ya looking at?"

The girls continued to giggle. Everyone else continued to smile.

"Dammit, what is wrong with----"

"Logan, look up" said Ororo.

He turned his eyes up to see a mistletoe floating above their heads, courtesy of a certain redhead.

"Jean!" Ororo said as she looked at her best friend.

The meddling redhead merely shrugged and smiled.

Logan then looked at Ororo to find her blushing.

She tried to pull away, but he only held her tighter.

Jean was dying from her seat on the couch with Scott. She nearly wanted to take over and make them kiss. She knew that she couldn't do that, but she just couldn't stand the tension between them anymore.

"Come on and kiss already would ya? I'd like to get on with the party."

"Jubilee!" Kitty hissed. "be quiet!"

"Well, they're takin' to long. Come on Wolvie!"

Logan grinned.

"Ya heard the girl 'Ro. Come on.."

"This is silly. We don't have to do this."

"It's tradition."

"It's a silly tradition."

"Ya scared?"

"What?"

"Ya heard me."

"No, I'm not scared."

"Yeah ya are. The goddess is afraid to kiss a mere mortal. Afraid I might ruin her reputation."

Ororo glared him.

"Or maybe...." he continued "she's afraid I might take her breath away."

Ororo's eyes widened at the jab at her pride and knew that she couldn't let Logan get away with it.

"You will do no such thing little man."

"Then kiss me darlin'. Prove me wrong."

Ororo took Logan's face in her hands and brought her mouth to his.

It was slow and tentative at first. They were testing one another, feeling each other out before they delved deeper. Logan couldn't believe how soft Ororo's lips were. His tongue ran along her bottom lip, picking up the taste of strawberry and eggnog while silently begging for entry into her mouth.

She granted his wish and the two were slowly exploring each other's mouths. He rubbed her back and she ran her fingers through his hair as tongues dueled heatedly.

"Should I ice them?"

"No, leave them alone Bobby" said Marie.

"They're going to set the house on fire."

"So what if they do? It's about damn time."

The two people at the center of everyone's attention slowly pulled away from one another, both of them breathing heavily.

"Looks like I took your breath away as well" Ororo teased.

"Yeah, guess so."

It took everyone's self-control not burst out in cheers and applause for the so obvious duo in front of them.

"What're ya all staring at. Ain't ya never seen two people kiss before?"

Everyone smiled knowingly and went back to what they were doing before.

Ororo and Logan looked at each other again.

Ororo looked over at the refreshment table and frowned a little.

"What's the matter darlin'?"

"The eggnog...it's gone" she said pointing at the bowl.

"So it is" he said as he looked at the empty dish.

"I guess this means your leaving now huh?"

"Well, I don't have to go just yet...and besides you said you'd make another batch right?" he finished with a small smile.

"Yes, I did. But I don't really now when I'll be able to make more. I put the recipe away and i don't remember where it is.." Ororo said as she brought her hand up to her chin thoughtfully.

Logan grabbed her hand, yanking her towards him and gave her another searing hot kiss.

"Take your time darlin'. I ain't in no rush."

"That is good to know."

"I'm gonna go ask Jeannie for that mistletoe."

"We don't need it" she whispered as they kissed again.

"Now that is a damn good thing to know."

The clock struck twelve.

"Merry Christmas Logan."

"Merry Christmas darlin'."

"Get a room!"

It was Bobby.

"Oh mind your own business" Ororo laughed as she and Logan shared their first kiss on Christmas day.

End.





You must login () to review.