Title: More than just friends

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!

Rated: PG-13 (NC-17 in later chapters)

Summary: ……….well just read I really can’t right a summary for this. :)

Note: phrases written in ‘(( ‘ mean personal thoughts (mostly Logan’s).

Chapter 1 “ Take my nightmares away

He sat there across her, just watching, never missing a slight movement. He was totally lost in his own thoughts of her, of how beautiful she looked, how sexy she could be even though she had no intention to. Everything about her seemed enchanting, even her flaws. Why he noticed her just now he didn’t know. How he missed out the beauty in front of him was a mystery. Jean wasn’t the only beautiful woman in the Mansion, he knew that, still he couldn’t understand why she had caught his eye at first. He had met Ororo before Jean but why was it that when he saw Jean he seemed more interested in her than Storm. Simple, he found Storm way out of his league. She was like a Goddess, a creature that could not be touched by just anyone. He didn’t deserve a woman like that, a woman with so much love and compassion ready to put her life on the line for people that hated her and her kind, a woman with the power to keep her emotions skilfully controlled at all times.

She was one of a kind, just like her powers; no other mutant possessed the power to control the elements, no one else but her. This was what made her even more special, she was unique. All these aspects intimidated him, so he decided to stay away from her, to keep her at arms length, to go for the easy way out, Jean. Unfortunately that turned out to be a dead end because of her love for Scott. So now he was here, brooding over what to do, should he tell her how he felt? Should he gamble their friendship for something he wasn’t sure of? No. He wouldn’t, not yet, not until he was sure that what he felt was anything different from what he felt for Jean.

He glanced at her while she graded a few papers. She seemed content to be in his company, which made him happy. More than he would admit to. His gaze slowly travelled to her long slender legs. ((Of all the days she had to wear a mini-skirt it had to be today!!)). He almost, almost, let out a pained growl. No, this was definitely different from what he felt for Jean. There was a certain craving, a certain hunger he needed to satisfy and Ororo was his only answer. She glanced at him for the first time and gave him an apologetic smile, grading her papers was taking more time than she had intended. He smiled, something he did rarely. He knew she was sorry for taking so long, but he didn’t mind……at all. He got up from one of the empty chairs in the room and walked towards her, keeping a steady gaze. She looked at him, surprised by his display of patience. He smiled yet again, and stood behind her, placing his large callused hands on her shoulders; massaging them gently. The effect he had on her was surprising, she leaned back letting him know she was enjoying it thoroughly. Moaning appreciatively Ororo dropped her pen and placed her hands on his.

“I think I’ve done enough grading for now. Let’s go”

He grinned wickedly and stepped back so she could get up. He left the classroom only to quickly come back with her jacket. She smiled and reached for it but he refused to give it to her. “Allow me, darlin”

She complied, allowing him to put her jacket on for her. “Thank you”. They walked down the main hall in silence, a comfortable one.
They arrived at the garage both getting on Logan’s bike. Ororo at the back while Logan sat at the front. He gave her a helmet, just in case, while he started the motorcycle. As soon as she felt the low rumbling of the powerful engine beneath her, Ororo wound her arms around his waist, pressing her body tighter to him. Logan tensed, suddenly the idea of having her so close was driving his senses wild. Her scent was so strong it almost clouded his mind, like an enchanting fog. He steadied himself and gripped the handle of his bike.

Ororo noticed his slight discomfort and rested her cheek on his right shoulder.

“Is something the matter Logan?”

He thought for a second, and remained silent. He couldn’t explain to her what was wrong, what he was thinking, it was too soon for that. “Nothin Ro, jus feel a bit tired that’s all”
She seemed satisfied with the answer so he took it as his queue to get moving. After all everyone else was waiting for them at the club.
They had all planned on going together, only Ororo had some papers left to grade and she wanted at least half of them done before she joined their friends. Logan offered to stay with her and that’s how they ended up spending most of the evening.

They arrived at the club. Logan helped Ororo take off her helmet and got off the bike. She did the same and followed him. There was no doubt the men in the club noticed her, one of them was seriously checking her out. He growled in anger and grabbed her hand. She looked at him puzzled, “What’s wrong?”

He gave her an unreadable look and shrugged, “Just felt like holding yer hand darling, all the men in this club seem to be droolin over ya an I don’t want them to get any ideas so am gonna hold ya hand and make them think you’re mine. Is that alright?”

She laughed, a beautiful, heart-warming laugh, “Sometimes you can be so over protective Logan. I honestly do not know who is worst you or Remy”
He smirked and gave her hand a light squeeze. She looked at him yet again but he didn’t look back at her, instead he concentrated on finding the table where the other
X-Men were sitting at. He spotted them and gestured for Ororo to follow him. She complied and walked with him towards the table. Everyone greeted them and looked quite surprised at the fact that the two were holding hands, although no one said anything.

The night went on pretty well, everyone was enjoying themselves and having fun, even Scott. Ororo sat next to Remy while Rogue went to buy some drinks. Remy placed a hand around her shoulder and whispered something in her ear which made her burst out with laughter. Logan watched them for a second, wandering what he said to make her laugh so much. He sat at the table most of the time while everyone else danced and basically had fun. Even Ororo seemed to be nowhere to be found now. All of this was getting a bit uncomfortable for him, he felt like the odd one out, everyone was doing something except for him. He sat there at the table doing nothing but drinking to pass the time. Suddenly a pair of soft hands touched his shoulder, he looked up to find Ororo smiling at him.

“Hey”

“Hey” he simply replied.

“Want to dance?” she asked.

“I don’t know…….”

“Please, just once”

He shrugged, “If it makes ya happy”

She laughed, “I know you’ve been dying to dance with me all night” she said playfully, only meaning to tease him. But little did she know how true that was, throughout the night he had wanted to dance with her, just as an excuse to hold her in his arms, and now that he could he felt………..nervous. He took her hand as she led him to the dance floor.




It was already getting late and Logan had to admit he indeed had fun. He discovered this new playful side of Ororo that really intrigued him; he was actually able to flirt with her without feeling uncomfortable. Everyone else was sitting at their table now, just talking. Jean watched as her best friend danced with Logan and couldn’t help but smile. “Hey Scott, don’t you think those two would make a cute couple?” she asked her husband. He glanced at Ororo and Logan and laughed.

“No way, c’mon Ororo has class. She wouldn’t go for a guy like him” he said.

Jean frowned, “That’s not true, I’m sure they’d be good together”

Scott shrugged, “What do you think Remy?”

Before Gambit could reply Rogue interjected, “Please sugah, Remy thinks no one is good enough for his Stormy” she laughed at the look on Remy’s face. He seemed embarrassed.

“Chere, Remy only be trying to look out fo’ er you kno. Wolverine aint her type” he replied matter-of-factly.

“Exaclty, she’d probably want a man like me, but then again, who wouldn’t” said Warren. Psylocke pocked him in the ribs, “Watch your mouth mister”

“Oooo, someone aint gonna get any tonight” said Remy, causing everyone to laugh and Warren to pout like a child. “Shut up, Remy”

Logan and Ororo returned to the table looking quite pleased with each other.
After a long night everyone decided to head home, except Jean and Scott who still had plans of their own for the night.

Logan and Ororo went off on his bike while everyone else went to their respective cars.




Remy and Rogue where the first to arrive home, followed by Warren and Betsy. Most of the students in the Mansion were asleep so the whole house was entirely quiet. Ororo and Logan arrived just a few minutes after the two couples.

“Well, does anyone wanna watch some t.v.?” asked Remy as he took off his jacket.

“Sugah, it’s late and I think everyone wants to sleep”

“Oui, you right chere. Well goodnight everyone”

Warren and Betsy also went off to bed leaving Logan and Ororo alone.

“Well, I should be off to bed as well. I had a good time tonight Logan, who would have thought you were such a good dancer” she smiled and kissed his cheek, leaving Logan grinning like a little boy.

“I had to admit I had fun too…….goodnight ‘Ro” she hugged him and walked up the staircase.

Logan sighed, feeling content with himself. ((I can’t believe I actually enjoyed myself tonight, the last time I had so much fun was………….I-I can’t remember……)).

He sighed again and walked to his room. This was going to be a long night.




He woke with a start, with the images of his dreams still vivid in his mind. His body glistened with sweat and his damp hair stuck to his face, he ran his hands through his mane moving the strands from his face. ((Darn these nightmares, when are they going to stop haunting me?!)) He looked at the floor gasping for air, he needed to get a beer, to calm down and think. He grabbed a t-shirt which had ‘I’m too sexy’ printed on it and grabbed a pair of shorts. He left his room making sure not to make any noise; he walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge.




After spending half an hour in the kitchen Logan had 6 cans of beer, nonetheless he was still entirely sober. “Stupid healing factor won’t even let me get wasted” he mumbled to himself. There was nothing else for him to do but go back to bed, but what use would that be? The nightmares would just come back to haunt him again, like they did every night. He slowly got up from his chair and started wandering around the mansion not sure where he was going.

After 15 minutes of roaming around the Mansion he found himself outside, in the school’s vast garden. He stared up at the pitch black sky and sighed. He stood there just for a few seconds thinking of nothing in particular before going back inside.
((Maybe If I talk to someone I’ll feel better. But who?...............The professor is visiting a friend and Rogue is probably going to kill me if I wake her up in the middle of the night)).
He decided to see if Ororo was still up, seriously hoping that she wouldn’t send him away.

He reached the door of her room and knocked softly. He didn’t get an answer so he tried again, “’Ro, could ya open the door darlin, I need ta talk to ya” he whispered. After a few minutes he heard light foot steps and a bit of shuffling. A few seconds later the door opened, with a very sleepy Ororo staring at him blankly.

Logan had to struggle from laughing, the look on her face was priceless. “Sorry to disturb ya”

She managed to smile a little, motioning for him to come in. After closing the door she sat on her bed waiting for him to talk. He walked towards her bed and sat next to her. Sighing heavily he looked at her with a look that she couldn’t quite identify. “What’s the matter Logan?”

“Just had another nightmare. I just can’t take anymore Ororo. There isn’t one night that I can sleep peacefully…..”
She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, massaging his muscles lightly, “Have you spoken to the professor about this?”

“Well, no, not really……perhaps when he comes back from Muir Island I’ll talk to him about it” he placed his head on her shoulder while she stroked his hair.

They remained silent for a few minutes both thinking different things. “Logan, you can spend the night here if you want” she offered.
He looked up at her not quite sure what to say or do. “Thanks” he grabbed a few blankets from one of her drawers and placed it on the floor. “I’ll make myself comfortable he-”

“Don’t be silly Logan. You can sleep in my bed, just don’t hog the covers while you sleep, it gets me really irritated”
He laughed thinking she was joking and sat on her bed. “I’m serious if I find myself with no covers during the night I will not hesitate to throw you out of my bed. If you don’t believe me just ask Remy” He laughed hysterically at her comment.

“Woah, easy darlin, I promise not to hog the covers” He took off his t-shirt and crawled into her bed. “This is……..cozy” Ororo giggled and turned the light on her night-stand off.

“Good night Logan”

He placed his arm on her waist and snuggled closer to her. “mmNight”


TBC……..





You must login () to review.