Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!

Rated: PG-13 (NC-17 in later chapter)

Summary: Logan and Ororo are sent on a mission to find a certain mutant, or is he just a clone set up by weapon X? Read to find out.

Chapter 3 “ Twin or…..Clone?

She walked through the halls in search of him, but there seemed to be no sign of him. Like he had just disappeared. “Logan?” she called.

No response.

Ororo walked towards the danger-room hoping to find him there but she found it empty. ((Where is he!?)). Then it struck her; the gardens near the mansion were usually his hiding place from everyone else. He always went into the woods to calm himself, to have time to think without anyone disturbing him. She headed outside and flew just above the numerous trees that surrounded the Mansion. After a few minutes she spotted him sitting against a tree staring at a small lake. ((There he is)).

~*~

Logan knew she’d come after him, it was just like Ororo to worry about him and he suddenly felt stupid for taking off like that. She would obviously ask him what was wrong and he seriously did not know what had made him so angry. He knew Remy and Ororo were just good friends but he just felt so jealous at that moment that all coherent thoughts were thrown out of the window. He ran his hand through his hair to clam himself. ((What was I thinking…….if she finds me I’ll have to face her. What will I tell her? Dammit!!)) he stood up and punched the tree he had been sitting against like a punching bag. Eventually the tree fell. Realising what he had done Logan stared at his hands and then back at the tree. “Shit….”

He then froze, sniffed the air and looked around him swiftly. Nothing. “I swear I….” He then looked up and found a floating Ororo glaring at him. ((Uh, Oh……I forgot she’s got a thing for nature and shit. Crap, now I’ve made her angry)).

She landed in front of him graciously and regarded him with cold blue eyes.

“There was no reason to do *that*” she pointed at the tree Logan had knocked out and crossed her arms over her chest. “What is the matter with you?”

He kept his gaze down not wanting to face her and placed his hands in his pockets. ((What I’d give for a cigar right now….)).

“Logan?” she asked impatiently.

He contemplated on talking but if he looked into her eyes he didn’t know what would come out of his mouth. He stared at a nearby tree that was right behind her and responded. “What do ya want ‘Ro?” He fought really hard to keep his eyes away from her. Ororo noticed he wasn’t looking at her and tried to catch his eyes but he avoided her stern look. She sighed and stepped forward, merely a few inches from him.
Logan kept his gaze on the tree behind her.

“Bright Lady, Logan!! Look at me!!”

((Damnit!!)), he thought. He looked straight into her eyes and felt what seemed like his heart, jump. ((Fuck, what was that about!!)), suddenly that weird feeling he had felt earlier on that morning came back. He kept his eyes locked with hers and managed to speak, finding it hard to keep his voice steady.

“Look, am sorry for knocking out that tree, I just need ta be alone right now”

She crossed her arms over her chest and studied his face for any sign that told her he was lying but his expression was unreadable. She sighed yet again and stepped back. “Fine, I was just worried about you Logan. I thought you were annoyed with me” She watched him waiting for his response. He turned his back to her and stared at the lake. “I aint mad at ya ‘Ro. Just in a fowl mood that’s all”

She walked towards him and placed her hands on his muscular shoulders, massaging them a little. “So why did you run off like you’d just seen a ghost this morning?” He tensed a little and moved away from her. Ororo’s arms fell to her sides. He was acting awfully strange and she wouldn’t leave until she found out what was wrong with him

“I had ta get my head around things okay. The nightmares I’ve been having…….somehow….” He sighed, “Somehow they’ve seemed to just vanish and I feel like……I don’t know, I don’t know how I feel. I actually *slept* last night, ya know. And ta be honest darlin I don’t remember the last time I slept so……peacefully”

Ororo knew he was going through a lot and understood exactly what he felt. Those nightmares had become part of him, he was so used to them that he felt lost and confused without them. Without the constant reminder of what had happened to him in the past; he felt empty. But soon enough that emptiness would be filled with something better, something he had been due for in a long time. She just wasn’t sure what that would be.

“I know how you feel Logan” She decided not to question him any further and sat on the grass staring at the lake in front of her. Logan sat next to her and picked up a small flower from the grass, pondering on what to do with it.

“Hmm, it’s a beautiful evening isn’t it”

“Yeah….” he turned to face her. Her eyes now closed while she lay on the grass just enjoying the cool air of the evening. Oh how he wanted to touch her, just a slight caress or even kiss her. There were no words to describe what just being in her company did to him. “….beautiful” he whispered, tearing his gaze away from her and back to the lake.

((Ororo, I need you to contact this mutant for me. I’m going to send the details into cerebro))

((Is it an emergency Professor?))

((Well, it’s nothing you and Logan cannot handle in fact I am sure you will be very successful in this mission. And I think Logan will find this specifically interesting))

((Very well, we’ll be on our way as soon as possible. How’s Muir Island by the way?))

((I’m finding it quite enjoyable, although I do miss all of you))

She smiled, ((So do we professor, so do we))

“Logan”

“Hmm”

“The professor needs us to go on a mission, it is very important” she stood up and waited for him to get up.

“Do I *have* ta come?” he drawled.

She scowled at him, meaning that it was an absolute must that he come with her. “The professor said you might find this mutant….interesting”

“Why don’t ya ask Remy ta go with ya? I’m not in the mood”

A small breeze started to pick him up and before Logan realised what was happening he was floating off the ground.
“Sometimes, Logan, I just do not know what to do with you” She stated.

“C’mon ‘Ro, put me down!!”

“No”

“C’mon!!”

“No, and that is final Logan. Do not argue with me. This is a very important mission and Charles wants *us* to go so you have no choice”

“…..Fine” he mumbled.

She started walking towards the mansion still keeping him in the air. “I didn’t quite hear you Logan”

“I said…..fine”

“Good, now be a good boy and get your uniform on while I check cerebro for a briefing on our mission”

“Hmpf…” he mumbled and went to get his uniform.


~*~

“So if I understand correctly, this mutant we’re going to find is my identical twin?”
This didn’t sit well with Logan, something was definitely off, he could smell it.

“More or less” Ororo motioned for him to look closer at the screen, “there are a few facial aspects that differentiate you from him like this huge scar, just below his left eye……if it were some kind of clone it wouldn’t have these characteristics”

“I still think it might be a clone”

“Well, we’ll just have to find out won’t we?”

“Yeah, I guess yer right. So where are we headed ta darlin?”

“Washington. He is staying at a Hotel not too far from the centre of the city”

“So let’s get goin” he said grabbing his lather jacket. They entered the blackbird and Storm sat at the controls while he sat next to her fidgeting with a few control buttons. On the inside Logan was more than nervous, something about this mutant they were going to find wasn’t right. How could he have a brother? Identical at that. Why had he never tried contacting him……no he couldn’t be related to him. Somehow Weapon X must have found a way to clone him, probably by keeping some samples of his DNA. ((Dammit, I hate not knowing what’s going on)).

While starting the jet Ororo glanced at Logan, he was nervous. She knew him well enough to notice that he was trying to hide it, but she could see right through that act. She herself was used to hiding her emotions that way. “Logan, it’s just me and you here, you do not need to hide what you are feeling right now. It’s okay, let it go…”

He sighed, looking at her with an expressionless stare. “You don’t need to worry about me, I’m fine. Just start the jet” he replied a little too gruffly. He didn’t mean to sound so angered nor defensive, but there were so many things on his mind right now. Ororo remained silent saying nothing, which usually meant she was either hurt or angry, or probably both. After all she was the only person besides Xavier that he truly trusted and by the way he answered her she must have felt somehow hurt.

As Ororo piloted the jet away from the mansion Logan remembered something he had kept in his pocket. ((If this don’t make her smile I don’t know what will..)), the flower he had in his pocket was quite beautiful, even though it was a bit ruffled since it was in his pocket, he sighed and looked at Ororo. She had her eyes on the controls not really noticing his intense gaze. “Ro, I’m sorry…….”

She met his gaze and to his surprise she was smiling. “Took you long enough”
He stared at her for a few seconds before he slowly grinned at her. He shook his head and gave her the flower he had taken out of his pocket. “Here…..I picked it out in the woods before and didn’t know what ta do with it. Thought ya might like it”

A gentle smile graced her face and Logan knew that keeping that flower was worth it. “Thank you” she took the flower from him and placed it in her hair just above her right ear. “How does it look?” she asked turning to watch him fully.

Wolverine grinned, brushing a strand of hair away from her face and adjusting the position of the flower, “…..Prefect…” he responded earning another smile from her.

A peaceful silence settled in while Ororo piloted the jet. They landed near a massive public garden.

“Darlin, dontcha think this place is a bit too crowded for us to land on?”

“Well, would you rather I parked this thing on a public road? Besides, the cloaking device will be on. No one will be able to see it”

“Hmpf, I guess so……”

They exited the jet and headed towards the main street, the hotel not too far away.
Before entering Logan thought of something. “Ro, wait. I aint so sure bout this darlin. What if he *is* some kinda clone made from Weapon X to come after me, we’d be falling inta some kinda trap”

“Logan-”

“Na, here me out fer a minute okay?” she nodded and he continued talking, “I wanna be extra careful, if this is some kind of assassin that’s tryin to get me killed or back to weapon X then we need ta be alert, ya understand?”

“Certainly, so what do you suggest we do?”

He grabbed her arm and led her in a near alley just opposite the Hotel. “Am gonna find out who this really is. Then I’ll meet ya back here”

“But Logan-”

“No, I don’t want anything ta happen to ya. Ya understand”

She scowled at him, “Logan, I can take care of myself”

“Ro, please ya gotta listen ta me. I don’t wanna get ya in any danger. The professor should have just told *me* ta go. I can’t let anything happen ta ya, you don’t know what these people are capable of”


Well am gonna end it here people, the next chap is going to take awhile, I hope this chapter was good. If not please tell me, I can still make some changes. :) Thanks for reading y’all. XXXXX





You must login () to review.