Title: More than just friends

Disclaimer: Don’t own the X-Men….please do not sue!!

Rated: PG-13 (NC-17 in later chapters)

Summary: ^_^

Note: phrases written in ‘(( ‘ mean personal thoughts.

Chapter 2 “ Strange feelings

He woke up slowly, enjoying the feeling of the warm body snuggled against him. He growled softly as he inhaled her heady scent. It was almost intoxicating. Logan leisurely turned his gaze to the large window in the room, the sun was about to rise and the view was utterly breathtaking. ((No wonder she leaves the curtains open, the view from here is beautiful)). He gently sat up to get a better view from the bed.

“It’s a beautiful view isn’t it?”

Logan looked at Ororo smiling. “Yeah, it is. Hope I didn’t wake ya up…..”
She gazed at him with those ardent blue eyes and caressed his arm, causing Logan to tense a little.

“No, you didn’t. I was awake about the same time you were. Did you sleep well?”

He kept his gaze on the window but his thoughts, however, were totally a different story. For the first time since he had been with the X-Men he was able to sleep……….well. No nightmares, just a peaceful sleep. That seemed strange and almost impossible to him, it was almost as if something had changed.

“I can’t believe it but……I actually…” he turned his gaze to her and looked right into those hypnotising blue eyes. “…I actually slept well. It feels kinda weird ta be honest” a ghost of a smile appeared on his handsome features.

Ororo sat up and placed her hands on her laps, thinking of nothing in particular and suddenly finding her hands really fascinating. It actually felt odd to be so close to Logan; she never felt so safe or comfortable nor so completely at ease with anyone in her life, even with Remy. It seemed that there was just something about him, something about the way he behaved and the way he reacted that made her curious about the man behind the beast. Because that was what he did, even though he did it unconsciously, he hid behind his alter ego, behind the Wolverine. Never truly showing his emotions to anyone and hiding them behind anger and rage. But she had seen what he was like beneath the surface, she had seen what *Logan* was like and it pained her to see that he rarely showed his true self to the others, even to her. But soon enough she would be able to see all of him, to know just what Logan was about.
“Whatcha thinking about?” he asked as he watched her, she seemed in deep thought.

She met his intense gaze and smiled, “Nothing in particular. What time is it?”

He glanced at the watch on the bed stand beside him and frowned. “It’s 5.30am Ro. kinda early, huh”

“I guess it is but I do not feel like going back to sleep….” She said.

He nodded and laid his head on his pillow, staring at the ceiling. Everything felt so peaceful, so right, if only he could tell her how he felt. It seemed like the best time to tell her but he couldn’t allow himself to say anything at all regarding his feelings towards her. The words couldn’t formulate themselves and more so he wasn’t even sure *what* he felt for her. But one thing he knew for sure; he found her undeniably attractive and seeing her in her nightgown just a few inches from him and not being able to touch her was pure and utter torture.

~*~

If she were sharing her bed with anyone else Ororo would have definitely felt uncomfortable, uneasy and itching to make idle chatter but with Logan just his company was enough to keep her happy. Why? She had absolutely no idea.
((No matter, I can think of this at another time, right now I need to take a shower)) thought Ororo. She got up and walked to her en-suite bathroom, while Logan kept staring at the ceiling, hoping to keep his eyes away from her body and to keep his mind away from thoughts of her without her nightgown on doing unimaginable things to him. ((Damn, I gotta get outta here!! If I stay near her any longer I’m gonna go insane)) he thought frantically. But somehow his body wasn’t agreeing with him. He couldn’t or secretly didn’t want to move. Her room was filled with her unique scent which engulfed him and somehow put him at ease. This was definitely something he shouldn’t play with, Ororo wasn’t just any woman. If he wasn’t careful he could jeopardise their friendship.
And he definitely didn’t want to do that, it took him far too long to earn her respect and he wasn’t going to give that up just because he lusted after her.

His train of thought was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the shower being turned off. That’s it, if he didn’t leave now, he was going to seriously need restraints to hold him away from her. “Am jus gonna head to my room darlin” he said, swiftly putting on his t-shirt. But he didn’t make it to the door quickly enough. Ororo had stepped out of the bathroom wearing a towel around her, which clung to her body perfectly. He turned around to look at her and immediately regretted his action. ((God…..she’s beautiful….)) his eyes were fixed on hers and at that moment he felt like he couldn’t move nor breathe simply because of the way she was looking at him, with a beautiful smile plastered on her almost angelic face. Ororo noticed the way he looked at her and cocked her head to the side.

“Logan? Are you alright?”

Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. Was what his instincts were telling him to do, but he couldn’t think about anything else but ripping that towel off her and have his way with her. He growled softly and took a step back. “Look erm, I need ta get my head around some things. Thanks fer……ya know….thanks” he left her room and almost ran towards his.

~*~

Ororo sat in her now empty classroom wondering what had scared Logan away from her this morning. It seemed as if he had seen a ghost, it almost seemed ironic the way he left her room. ((Did I do something wrong? Maybe I should ask him)) she thought sadly.

~*~

Later that evening everyone gathered in the danger room for their usual training sessions. Logan was nowhere to be seen, as usual.

“Jean could you please contact Logan and tell him to get his butt down here!!” shouted Scott over the speakers in the control booth of the danger room.

“Okay, okay. Don’t need to shout”

“Sorry honey” replied Cyclops.

“Sawwy honey!!!” said Bobby, making fun of Scott, “guess we know who wares the pants in that couple” he whispered to Rogue who laughed insanely at his comment.

”Cut it out you two, I’m coming down there” replied Cyclops.

After a few minutes Cyclops was in the danger room with everyone else. Jean tried to contact Logan telepathically but he’s shields were up. He didn’t want to be found.

“Logan doesn’t seem to want to be found right now” said Jean.

“Okay people let’s get ready”

~*~

After the usual training session Ororo walked towards the living room with Remy to watch some television.

“So how you been these days anyway?” asked Remy as they both sat on the couch.

“What do you mean exactly?” she asked, regarding him curiously. What was he getting at?
“Remy been watchin ya for awhile chere, you don’t look as happy as you used to be. You might be able to fool some other people, but not moi” he looked at her with sincere concern. “What’s wrong chere?”

“Nothing, is wrong. I don’t know where you got the notion that I am not happy”

“Okay, maybe I put it da wrong way. Do you feel like you’re missing something, maybe someone?”

Storm gave him a blank look.

“Stormy what I’m is trying to say is that………when was the last time you went on a date?”

This she didn’t expect. It *had* been quite awhile since she had gone out on a date but it didn’t really bother her. Really, well maybe it did but she didn’t necessarily need a man to make her happy. She had her friends and that was all she needed at the moment. After Forge, Ororo pretty much didn’t want to be with anyone else and at the moment no one seemed to be interested in her. Or so she thought.

“First of all, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me by that incredulous name” she poked him in the ribs smiling amiably at him. “and to be honest I do not think I even want to date at the moment. I’ve thought about it but, I just don’t know………..”

Remy smiled and hugged her tightly against him. “You still thinking about that fool?”

“No, no. I’m not thinking about Forge. I’m over him. I just don’t know what I want right now” she responded truthfully.

Remy sighed and caressed her cheek like he always did when she was nervous. “Ya know, I hate to admit it but Remy think Wolverine has a major……interest in you belle”

She watched him puzzled. “What’s the catch?”

“I’m serious”

She gave him another blank look which caused him to laugh. “Seriously Stormy. Remy aint joking. Think about it chere, besides me and Rogue the man don’t open up to nobody else but you. He seems quite taken with you if ya ask me”

“Remy don’t be ridiculous” she picked up the remote from the small table in front of the couch and turned on the television.
Gambit rested his head on her lap and stared at her.

“What!”

He laughed and shrugged. “You like him don’t you. And here I thought he wasn’t your type”

“Gambit” she said warningly.

“Ooooo you called me Gambit. Remy in trouble now” he chuckled placing his hand on his stomach and closing his eyes. “See, you aint denying it”

Ororo caressed his face and continued watching the t.v.

“What do ya say we go back to New Orleans for awhile. Just you an me, huh? We could have a lot of…..fun” he said suggestively, causing Ororo to frown at him.

“Remy I don’t feel like going anywhere at the moment. The students have a week off and I intend to enjoy it by lazing around. Besides we went to New Orleans five months ago” she turned her gaze to his captivating eyes.

“You getting old Stormy. You used to be fun” he joked.

“Remy, I’m not getting old. I’m only twenty-four. It’s just that I don’t feel like going anywhere. Anyway why don’t you take Rogue with you?”

“Well……..look I jus wanted to spend time with you that’s all” he smiled charmingly at her and closed his eyes. “Just me and my Stormy” he added in whisper before falling asleep.
Ororo couldn’t help but feel happy. To know that Remy cared so much about her was heart warming.

She turned off the television and rested her head on the sofa. After a few minutes she was slowly drifting off to sleep when a deep and surly voice coming from the living room door startled her.

“Am I interrupting anything?” he asked as he walked to an armchair near the sofa holding two cans of beer.

“Hello Logan”

Remy slowly woke up and stared up at Ororo grinning. She knew what he was thinking and swatted his arm. “What did I do?” he complained.

“Just shut it”

In the meantime Logan switched the television on and watched silently. Remy sat up and started tickling Ororo mercilessly. “Remy stop….Ah, Remy…..Gambit!!”

It was known to everyone in the mansion that Ororo was the most ticklish person in the house. Remy laughed, ceased his tickling and gave her a warm bear hug. “Remy, you need to grow up. Stop behaving like such a child”

Logan couldn’t deny that he was envious of the Cajun and at that very moment a pang of jealousy coursed through him. He growled and left the living room without saying a word. Ororo called after him with no avail. ((What the hell has gotten into him lately)) she thought.

“Seems like someone is getting jealous” stated Remy

“What do you mean?”

“Wolverine is jealous of our friendship. I can tell, he’s got it bad for ya chere”

“Don’t be silly, he must be upset about something. I’ll go after him”

She walked out of the living room in search of Logan, leaving Remy to watch the TV alone.

“Ahh l’amour. When they say love is blind dey aint kidding” he sighed and flicked through the various channels.


TBC……….





You must login () to review.