Title: Hunter
by: Satine16
Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me, they are property of Marvel. Don’t sue me. The song is it’s a shame, by trespassers william.


Chapter 3: Moment


Ororo couldn’t sleep that night. She sat staring out her window into the fading dark sky, biting her left thumbnail. Or what used to be her left thumbnail. The clock on her wall ticked incessantly and the loud click of the hands indicated the arrival of the early morning hours. Deep in her stomach the condensation of the early morning dew resonated. The smell of the grass belonging to a new morning pushed his scent from her memory. The change was welcome. His scent was maddening. As was his taste. As was Logan. Granted, their relationship had never been normal. But for a long time in her life their relationship had been solid. A rock she had come to rely on, feel in her being like the tides and the waning and waxing of the moon. Then it blossomed in the winter of its life.

Over in a moment
You've the only lifeboat
Say you can soothe
But you know that you don't

Somewhere inside she knew that it had been a bad idea to visit him. He was a hunter, one who stalked what he preferred until he could obtain it. One who would chase what he desired in and demanded of life. Had he wanted her he would have found her. But the stone nestled in the bottom of her chest wouldn’t let him go. Therefore she couldn’t.
In a few easy step she padded away from the window and climbed into bed. The soft song of a bird in the distance alerted her to the orange sun. Her silvery-blue eyes fluttered shut as the orb rose in the horizon.

Bitterer because you said it was perfect and I thought it was
Just like everyone does
It's all on my shoulders
You're the one who got to say
"This has all been shame" and I'm the one who had to stay

The cigar had gone out hours ago. Shortly before the fire had burned away. What did she think she was doing? She was playing a dangerous game. And he would play right back. There as no doubt in that. She knew of his affinity for grudges. Obviously she didn’t assume exemption. Stupid little bitch. He crushed the small cigar butt under his heel and smirked.

Bitterer because you said it was perfect and I thought it was
Just like every fool does
It's all on my shoulders
You're the one who got to say
"This has all been a waste" and I'm the one who had to stay

When all things were placed aside, all romantic qualms, all good intentions, what did he have? What the hell were good intentions, anyway? A fuckin’ waste of energy and effort. A goddamn misuse of time. Actions are what count. Obviously intentions can’t mean much when they’re never acted upon. They’re just, well, intentions. What could have happened. What was considered and forgotten. A reminder from the mind that one is selfish and bastardly. A way to easy a guilty conscience. The intentions were there. Intentions are crap.

Trying to find it
A reason not to ache

Sleep was short and relatively useless. Her bones ached. Her muscles were tired. Her sinew strained. Her heart bruised. But he would find her. He would come back to her. The way the hunter returned to mother earth to satisfy his needs. To keep himself nourished. To maintain his totality.

Like when you say that you don't care to stay
You're still not on your way

Never needed her. Only a preoccupation. Damn good in the sack, though. That’s the only shame. Unless…he could play her game. And leave her in shambles. Leave her broken. Leave her crushed. As was custom with an enemy. Stealth on the way in, slow corruption and a final destruction. Fuck her. He didn’t need her. Never did. Fuckin’ whore.

Anything

Wouldn’t he?

I'm still aching





You must login () to review.