Title: Hunter
by: Satine16

Disclaimer: None of the characters in this story belong to me they belong to MARVEL comics. I am not doing this to make money, so please don’t sue me.

Chapter 4: Baited

Breakfast the next day was extremely awkward. Ororo sat in silence, sipping her tea. Logan gulped his coffee and purposefully made a shameful display of flirting with Jean. Scott sat staring at the two of them and scowling. The chemistry in the room was, needless to say at an imbalance, and emotions were soon to erupt if someone didn’t step in. Hank tried to fix it. As he entered the kitchen for his morning bagel, he sensed the immense tension between the occupants. After cracking a few hopeless and jokes and fruitlessly asking a few questions to lighten up the atmosphere, he headed off to the lab again, whistling.
“Jean, darling, don’t you think it’s time we ran our errands for the day?”
“Hmmm,” her voice was dreamy but one look at Scott’s expression jolted her to reality, “Oh, yes dear. Why don’t we?”
In a great deal of haste they left the kitchen. Ororo locked eyes with Logan and held him in her gaze. It was a draw, each daring the other even to blink, so that victory could finally be declared. Logan lit his cigar carelessly, never breaking the eye contact with Ororo, who continued to languidly sip her tea.
“What the hell are you really thinking? You’re a glutton for punishment, ‘Ro. I said that I don’ wantcha no more.”
“Alright, Logan.”
“Alright?” his eyebrows furrowed and he ground his teeth against his cigar.
“Alright,” she said calmly, knowing that her lack of resistance would get to him, and then she’d have him. “You don’t bother me, Logan. How many times must I tell you that? So for now, I’ll simply respond to your cruel remarks with ‘alright’. You forget that I know how to play your game, Logan, and you can’t get to me.”
“You mean the way Forge got to you?” a small smirk formed on his face as he watched her eyes widen at the drop of the name. “You used to do things the way he wanted you to, you used to suck him the way that he wanted you to, you used to believe the things he wanted you to, you used to fuck the way he wanted you to, you even used to piss the way that he wanted you to.”
“Fuck you, Logan,” Ororo rose from her perch next to the island counter and walked towards the sink, where she deposited her teacup. “You just hate this. That’s what it is,” as she said the words the grin was wiped from his face. “Eventually you’ll come back, crawling, to me. And it sickens you that you would ever give in that way. That you could ever lose a battle like that. You pompous, pig headed, small man. I have you baited,” the grin now began to form on her face as quickly as the growl developed in the depths of his throat. “You’re coming back whether you want to or not. It’s in your blood, your veins. You want me and you can’t stand it.”
In a single leap and bound he was across the room. His arms pinned her in with a loud bang against the cabinet doors, and his face was so close to her that his hot breath caused goose bumps on her neck.
“You forget, ‘Ro. I know everything there is to know about you. I know how you like a good challenge. I know how you like to be screwed and eaten. I know how more than anything you just want me to hold you and kiss that spot at the back of your neck. Don’t tell me I can’t get to you,” another loud bang sounded as he smashed his hands against the cabinets again, Ororo’s heart jumped into her throat. “Don’t for a second think that you can play this game any better than I can.
“Fuck you, Logan.”
“No, fuck you,” with this he leaned in and pressed his warm lips to hers. At first she tried to resist him, but his nimble tongue slipped past her unwilling lips and began to play with her own. His kiss was deep, and he pulled her closer still, grinding his body against her own. With just as much vigor he began to play with the exposed flesh of her neck, sending shivers up and down her spine. She smelled like orchids. He smelled of caffeine and cigars. They locked lips again and used the counter top as a way to press their bodies even closer. Ororo suddenly found herself in need of air, and broke the kiss first.
She held Logan’s eyes for a moment, and neither of them even dared to flinch. “I’m going upstairs,” slipped away and headed up the stairs.
He watched her go, studying the grace with which she moved her hips as she walked away. “Fuck her, he couldn’t get to her,” he thought to himself. “She’s playing straight where I want her.” A crooked smile formed on his face and his picked his cigar up from the ashtray where it was resting on the table.
Scott was standing at the top of the stairs as Ororo headed to her room.
“Can I help you?”
“What are you doing, ‘Ro?”
“Do you have a problem, Scott?”
“He’s wired to hunt and to murder, not to love.”
“Not all men are animals, Scott. Not all animals are vicious.”
“And let me remind you that only one beast turned into a handsome prince by the end of the story.”





You must login () to review.