Author: TaCora
Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: If I owned them I wouldn’t be writing fan-fiction. If they aren’t X-men or marvel related, chances are that I do own them.


SHE HAS A WHAT???


Remy went straight from Ororo’s room to the kitchen to get a beer. All along the way there his rumblings could be heard. “Gambit can’ believe Stormy did dis an’ not tell me.” Jean, Rogue, Elizabeth, and Jubilee sat around the kitchen table and stared as he rambled. “You femmes’ll be de end of me!”

“Well Golly-gee, Gambit! Could you be any more of a sour puss!” spat Elizabeth.

“Yeah, Rem! I mean no offense but Storm has been gone for four months. She’s probably trekking Africa again!”

“Not at all, petite. Dat ain’ what Stormy been doin’. She’s…”

“Gambit, you know as well as I do Storm had a lot of responsibilities to oversee. She, more than anyone, deserves some time off.” Jean interrupted.

“Yeah, G-man! She’ll be back soon and she’ll be happy to know that you’ve taken care of her plants in her loft as you promised her. No sure shell be happy ‘bout you smokin’ in there though.”

“No he hasn’t! I have. Swamp-rat can’t tell the difference ‘tween a weed and a Chia-pet”

“Very funny love, but as Remy was saying, Stormy’s already in her room. But…” Before he could finish his sentence they were off and running to the attic loft.

“But she got…Oh neva mind. You fin’ out all on ya own.” Leaning against the counter he smiled at the thought of his Stormy, a mother. “Well, Stormy. It’s ‘bout time ya have a petite of ya own. Ya deserve it.”

***

In The Loft:

She closed the open window of love’s escape and returned to making unpacking a memory and getting her child settled a priority. It was like unwrapping a gift and wanting to preserve the wrapping paper. Her daughter, bundled in a series of blankets, was that fragile gift she couldn’t wait to unwrap. “Well, my child, this is your new home and from the sounds of the impending foot steps they know we’re home.”

“Gal, we know you’re in there. Ya might as well open tha door.” Laughing from the other side of the door was contagious.

I should have expected this, Ororo thought.

~Yup, you should’ve~

~Jean! You should know better than that~

~Uh-huh, shouldn’t I though. You know, they’re going to learn about your little secret sooner or later~

~I suppose you would like to see your godchild again~

~That would be nice. It’s been two weeks since I’ve seen her last~

~Open the door~

Turning the knob slowly, Jean entered, followed closely by Betsy, Rogue, and Jubilee.

“Hey, Rain Lady. So you thought you’d just show up without a word? You’re as bad as Wolvie.” Jubilee said as she was about to plop herself down on the bed.

Jean yelled telepathically as not to wake the child, but startling Jubilee in the process causing her to fall.

“WHAT?!!”

“Shhhhh! Jubilee, please lower your voice,” Ororo pleaded.

“What? All of a sudden you have sensitive hearing like Wolvie?”

“Jubilation Lee, if you wak…”

“Wahhhh…”

“Too late,” Jean snickered.

“WHAT THE…?!” Gasped a very disconcerted Betsy, Jubilee and Rogue.

“Do not be simple! You know exactly what that is. And she is my child.”

Jean went to the crying child to calm her newborn nerves. She quieted almost instantly recognizing a familiar tone. “I think I’d like one of mine own soon,” Jean said watching as the child’s eyes drifted close as quickly as they opened. “Oh aren’t you the sweetest thing?”

“Is it me or do you smell a dirty diaper?

“Ewwwww! I am so gone!” And with that Jubilee bolted for the door.

“I think I’ll join you, Jubes. I’m not ready to know what just came out of that baby. Though I am quite happy for you Ororo. Cheers.”

“Yeah, me to Storm, really happy for you. In fact, I’m gonna be happy from the other side of this door.”

“’Ro, how did this happen, sugah?” Jean and Ororo exchanged raised eyebrows and laughed. “Ah know how this happened… ya know what ah mean!!”

Ororo couldn’t resist playing with Rogue. “First, it requires two or more people to have sexual intercourse. For my sake, let us just say two. After nine months, or seven in this case, a child forces his or her way out into the world through the small…”

“Alright, Sugah! You jus’ think you’re real funny, don’t cha!

“Well, Rogue, yes. Yes I do.” The room erupted into laughter but not loud enough to wake a sleeping child.

After ten minutes under inquisition, Ororo turned her attention and thoughts to the window. “I wonder how Logan is doing.”





You must login () to review.