AU Ororo is a vampire, but not just any vampire. She is a well respected leader of the Death Dealers. What happens when she crosses paths with a dark stranger. A stranger with secrets that could lead to the end of her kind? **NOTE** This fic is based off of the movie Underworld with Kate Beckinsale (she rules!!!) and Scott Speedman (:-D).

Thanks: Pari for being my Beta... you are the WOman!!! :-p W6C for encouraging me in the beginning! :-)

Disclaimer: I do not own X-men, Marvel, etc. etc. I'm a poor high school senior, how the hell could I have that much money???

Review Review Review!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Solitude. So highly underrated. Very few people seem to appreciate the space only silence could provide, letting all your troubles and worries melt away into the ever-growing abyss of anxiety created by the world. Time to cleanse the mind and focus on the important things in life.

From her perch, high above the night sprawl of Westchester scene below, azure eyes scanned the crowd, in search of new prey. The breeze picked up and ruffled the tail of her stark black, leather coat and the wisps of her pixie-short, raven hair danced about her face. Who ever heard of a huntress with platinum blonde hair? Dead giveaway. Aside from that, it was just another reminder of the past, of her former self…

Even with the sights and smells of the humans below attacking her senses, she could keenly pick out their profile. She growled thinking about them.

Of late, she found herself forgetting the reason that she hunted them, too caught up in the thrill and duty of the hunt. She knew that their numbers were declining, that they had to be close to extinction and that pleased her. Yet at the same time it left her unsettled. What would happen when there were no more werewolves to hunt?

Tonight was no different than any other. Deciding on a little reconnaissance work, she took only one other Death Dealer with her, the most trustworthy of the group: Remy.

On the streets below, the people were too distracted by the chaos of their own lives, too busy to truly understand and be grateful for what they had: lives, love, happiness, family...

She sniffed the air. It was moist and she could sense the tension that accompanied the changing charges between the earth and the sky. A thunderstorm was coming. It reminded her of that night. That dreadful night…

::flashback::

“Come down from their Ororo! It is not fair! You are cheating!” cried a cross little six year old.

“Nailah, you never said I could not hide amongst the storm clouds… it is perfectly fair!” she replied to her cousin. At twenty-two, she was well past the age of marriage, but who would dare to reprimand the weather witch that provided water for their village?

She looked to the horizon and saw that the sun was setting and it was time to take her cousin home.

“Alright Nailah, it is time to head back to the village before it gets too dark.”

Nailah ran off in the opposite direction, through the tall savannah grass in the direction of the village. She stayed back and enjoyed the closeness of the dark. She sensed an emotion akin to anticipation in the environment, something only nature could provide. The tantalizing feeling of an oncoming storm teased her senses, but something was different. She could not place where the feeling came from and shrugged it off.

Deciding that enough time had passed, she went off in search of her cousin. Gliding over the tall grasses she looked for her. ‘She could not have made it to the village so soon.’ she thought. Minutes later she could still not find her cousin and began to worry. The pitch blackness of night had descended upon the earth and it was time for them to be within the safety of the village.

“NAILAH! Where are you?”

To her horror, her only response was a bloodcurdling scream. Panicking, she took to the skies and summoned a ball of lightening to guide her path. She searched wildly across the savannah for her cousin.

A blur of crimson caught her attention. In the corner of her eye, she saw the body of her beautiful little cousin, limp on the ground, covered in blood. She descended upon her lifeless form, crying. Her cousin was not moving, not breathing. Her neck was savagely ripped open, and blood was pooling around her head like a dark halo.

The parched grass had cracked behind her, and the last thing she saw was her cousin’s dead body.

Sometime later she awoke from unconsciousness in the shelter of a hut. She was soaked through from the rainstorm though she could not recall how she got wet. Memories hit her like a freight train and she remembered her cousin’s dead body. Hysterical, she looked around madly, her neck moving violently.

“Glad to see you alive and well, my dear,” said a deep voice. Turning around she saw the large form of a mysterious man and she backed up into the wall. She felt like a cornered animal, as he approached her. His movements were smooth, too smooth, almost liquid-like. Something was different about this man, he was like a hunter… a predator.

He emerged from the curtain of shadow, and she looked upon him. He was covered in blood and his skin was pale and lackluster, though you could tell that he was once dark skinned. She looked into his face. What she saw surprised her. He had a concerned, caring look about his aged face, and his eyes looked upon her with worry.

“Wh… wh… who are you?”

“A friend.” the stranger replied. “My name is Amahl Farouk. I found you outside the village unconscious next to the body of a child. Everyone in the village is slaughtered. I was tracking a pack of savage beasts when they happened upon your village.”

“Beasts?”

“Yes,” he said as he looked carefully upon her, “They are wolves… Werewolves.”

“Werewolves?”

“Murderous beasts,” he spat out hatefully, “They walk in daylight as man, and in the light of the moon they become wolves. It is my duty to extinguish every last one of them.”

Her blue eyes lit up in rage. “They massacred my family?! My people!” she cried.

He looked at her mournfully and replied, “Yes, my child,” his look changed to one of deadly seriousness, “Would you like to avenge your family, your friends?”

She nodded passionately.

“Very well. I shall make you one of us… a vampire.”

She looked at him puzzled, though her eyes did not belie her suspicion.

“You will feed on blood.” he continued, “You will no longer grace the day with your presence. You will become a deadly, efficient hunter in the dark. You will live forever as such. Are you willing to accept this?”

The reward of destroying these creatures outweighs the sacrifice of such a life, she thought.

“If it means that I may kill these beasts, then so be it,” she choked out as she cried tears of anger and deep sadness, her last tears as a mortal.

::end flashback::

“What you tinkin’ chere?” Remy whispered as Ororo flinched. It was one of the few times he could ever sneak up on her. Of late he had noticed she had been distant, somewhat detached…

Her eyes washed over an electric blue color… it only happened when she had an adrenaline rush, especially when she felt the effects of the hunt.

“My thoughts are mine own LeBeau. It would take much more than you catching me off guard to tell you them,” she said as she glared at his vermillion eyes.

“Why you gotta be like that petite? You know Remy jus’ curious. You been different o’ late… I jus’ care is all.” Remy replied. Her words stung him… she knew above all else how much he cared for her.

“I am sorry Remy, you just caught me off guard is all,” she replied. “You know how much it irritates me when I am not…” she trailed off, something down below caught her eye.

Two tall, stocky, burly figures and a smaller, more effeminate character emerged from the shadow of an alleyway down below. They were wearing broad, open jackets… large enough to throw off in case of an emergency, should the need to shift to their lupine selves arise. They appeared to be stalking someone.

Remy caught sight of Ororo’s stare and easily recognized the target. He knew her too well.

“Stormy, you said no fighting chere, jus’ recon and Remy hold you to yo’…”

With that Ororo lept off of her perch and landed gracefully on the sprawling sidewalk below, without waiting for Remy to finish.

“…word.”

~*~ I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter... it should give a feel of the atmosphere I am trying to create. Please let me know what you guys think about it... the good, the bad, the ugly... everything! ~*~





You must login () to review.