"I can't believe this. I can't believe we're trapped here. We're the X-men. We should have been able to take them out. Not the other way around" she exclaimed as she raked her hand through her short, spikey hair. "I should have sensed them. I---" she trailed off placing her head in her hands.

The other occupant that shared her cell sighed. He moved from his bed, over to hers and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Jean calm down. You can't beat yourself up over this. We didn't know about these guys. Not even the Professor sensed them. They were prepared for us----"

"But Scott I----"

"Aw, what's the matter gal? Can't take it anymore? Wishin' ya were at yer fancy mansion?" came a loud drawl from the cell across from theirs.

With tears in her eyes, the pretty redhead just stared across the way into the cell of Succubus. In her mind she imagined herself throwing the girl around the room with her telekenesis. She kept her mouth shut though.

"Ah asked ya a question."

"What's the hell's your problem? She didn't do anything to you. You and the rest of these idiots are the ones who attacked us."

Succubus didn't respond.

"And I don't know how you did it, but you took her powers and used them against Bobby. What the hell did you do to him?" Scott demanded to know. He was growing more angry with each passing moment.

And poor Bobby. When Scott had woken up in his cell, he had been stunned to find the usually cheerful young man with his knees pulled up to his chest, rocking back and forth with a faraway look in his eyes. He didn't know what had happened, but he overheard a passing remark made by Wraith.

"Man that Succubus is something else. sShe sure knew how to take that ice kid down"

Both Scott and Jean had tried to reach out to him,but he wouldn't respond. The only time he did react was when two soldiers pulled him from his cell and dragged him down the hall. To experiment on him no doubt. They and their powers had been tested so that Wraith and his men could get the best possible use out of them. Bobby, Peter and Hank were unfortunately still being tested.

At the mention of Bobby's name, Succubus's words died on her lips and she turned her head away from them.

"I asked you a question."

Succubus remained silent. Scott was about to say something else, but stopped at the sound of footsteps and voices. Suddenly, the door that led to the cell block area slid open and in walked Peter, along with a few soldiers that were dragging an unconscious Bobby & Hank behind them.

Peter was placed in the cell, to the left of Jean and Scott's cell, where Nocturnal lay sleeping. Hank was dragged into Succubus's cell and Bobby was thrown into Torrent's holding cell.

There were a few audible gasps heard throughout the area and they were all because of Hank. No longer did the intelligent mutant have his human form. He was now covered in thick blue fur. His human features, hands, feet and face were replaced by ape-like features.

"Oh my god" Jean cried "What did they do to him?"

Scott grunted and punched the wall. Somehow managing to calm don even though his emotions were raging inside, he looked over at Bobby, who looked worse for the wear, but relatively okay.

"Peter? This may be a stupid question, but are you okay?"

"As okay as I can be. I am not so sure about Henry."

"And Bobby?"

"Just unconscious. He didn't move fast enough & one of the guards felt the need to hit him with the but of their gun and knocking him out."

Jean wished that her powers were active. Then she could at least scan their minds and she if they were emotionally okay. She closed her eyes and prayed that they'd be alright.

After staying that way for a while, Jean opened her eyes in time to see Torrent get up from her bed and approach Bobby. She was about to send a stern protest the white-haired mutants way, but stopped herself in time to see Torrent place a hand on his brow, gather him in her arms and carry him to the bed opposite her own.

Succubus had done similar for Hank. While she couldn't lift him, she did role him onto his back in a more comfortable position. She then took off her black trench coat, folded it up and placed it under his head.

It was at that very moment that the telepathic mutant realized that Succubus, Juggernaut, Torrent and Nocturnal were just as much prisoners of S.H.E.I.L.D. as the X-men were.





You must login () to review.