Chapter 2

They stood in their cells, their eyes shooting daggers at the man before them. The man who had led the attack on their home. The man who, with his team, took them down and now held them and their mentor, Charles Xavier, captive. The man who had just declared himself their new leader

That man is Colonel Wraith.

"I don't care about how many dirty looks you throw my way. I'm the one calling the shots now"

He looked them over while barely containing his glee. He had overpowered the mighty X-men. They were a fine addition to the team of Torrent, Nocturnal, Succubus, Juggernaut and Sabertooth. He couldn't stand mutants, as a matter of fact, he hated them. However, he didn't mind dealing with them as long as he could keep them under control. A smirk formed on his lips as he observed the bright yellow collars around the neck of each X-man as well as each member of his original team. The collars had been an ingenious creation of one of the many scientists who "volunteered" the knowledge and abilities to S.H.E.I.L.D. If worn by a mutant, the collar would supress, but not get rid of, any and all mutant powers by said mutant. If they tampered with them, it could be tightened or even made to explode, all by remote control of course. Those collars are what kept them under control and what's keeping him from being nothing more than a stain on one of these dark, sterile walls. Wraith inwardly grimaced at the thought, but hid it well.

"All of you will stay in your cells until further notice. Sabertooth, come with me."

Nocturnal, Succubus and Juggernaut entered their cells without a word. Torrent began to do the same when she was suddenly yanked back by her hair and a hard, rough kiss was forced upon her lips.

"Don't worry sweetheart. I won't take long" he growled into her ear, right before he tossed her into her cell.

Sabertooth laughed darkly, his black eyes devoid of any emotion. He licked his lips. His kiss, and the fact that Torrent resisted, had made her lip bleed. However, this behaviour only encouraged him. Her resistanc, blood and fear only fueled the bloodlust he felt.

"Alright Sabertooth, that's enough. You can play grabbies with the weather bitch later"

Sabertooth gave her one last look and then proceeded to follow Wraith only to stop again when he passed the cell of an old "friend"

The shirtless, dark-haired mutant lay on his bed staring at the ceiling. With his hands behind his head, he laid there as if in deep thought. He was very well aware of the blonde mutant's presence, but felt that Sabertooth just wasn't important enoughto have his attention.

At least, not right now anyway.

"Stupid runt" Sabertooth grunted before he followed wraith out of the cell block area.

The "stupid runt" in question sighed. The grey-eyed mutant was glad to see him leave. He didn't think he could take the stench of that idot much longer.

He sat up, stretched and then scratched his neck. He and Sabertooth, were the only mutants not collared. For once he was truly glad to have an adimantium skeleton. Had he been collared, his healing ability would have been halted and he would have surely died from adimantium poisoning. They couldn't collar him, those bastards needed him alive. Turning his head to the left, he fixed his grey eyes on the subject of his thoughts. The white-haired wonder that had managed to take him down. What was her name----Torrent, that's it.

Anyone that could go toe to toe with him and not only survive but take him down as well, was someone he wanted to know more about.

She wipes blood from her mouth. Furrowed eyebrows and a hard frown marred her beautiful features. She looks up.

Brown eyes meet grey.

"What the fuck are you looking at?"

Oh yeah, he definitely wanted to know her.

TBC...





You must login () to review.