What she didn't know was that he would die for her. In fact she saw to it that he had. He could still taste the bile and blood lingering at the back of his throat; that she had left him to drown in.

Logan lit a cigar, bringing it to his lips, his fingers slightly grazing over the scar across his neck. The scar. A constant reminder of deception. The fuel for his vengeance. The mark of his never ending longing for Ororo Munroe.

Logan quickly snubbed out the cigar at the sound of a car approaching the tropical tree lined drive. He had grit his teeth at the sight of the platinum haired driver. One year of searching for her.One year of exhausting what little savings he had in order to gather Intel on her exact whereabouts. One year and he had finally tracked her down in a town in Costa Rica. Logan was still harboring the pain of the crack she left in his heart and the stray pieces of metal in his neck.

The bitch.

Logan watched as her lithe form exited the Jaguar and made her way to the front door of her summer getaway estate. One of many he had found out she had tucked away with the advantage of her husbands finances. En Sabah Nur, an Egyptian drug lord respectively feared by many, his empire spanning as far as the rivers of the Nile to the cities of the Americas. He was a collector of exquisite things. Ororo Munroe being one of his most prized possessions, still looked every bit of the goddess Logan remembered when they first met.

As jaded as Logan had been in his past, he had to admit that Ororo was indeed his first crush and it had felt damn good. Right from the beginning when her white Versace clad business suit body slammed into his chest on the busy city streets of New York. She was too preoccupied with chit-chatting on her cell phone, and juggling papers to place in her matching white leather case to stop the collision. The papers were knocked from her hands; Logan grasped her delicate wrist to steady her balance. Helping her pick up her scattered papers had lead to late night entanglements of sweaty limbs, and nostrils breathing in the fresh scent of sex, desire, passion, possession and later, betrayal.

In his mind their relationship had happened just that quickly. And for months, Logan had found himself falling in deeper for just another piece of her, another stolen moment out of her busy life. There were nights when his body had felt as if it was slowly dying to feel her by his side, for his husky whispers teasing her ears and sending shivers down her body telling her, "Know that you're mine."

She never truly was his. Never would be. He knew that now. But by God, he had burned for her, felt pain for her, had twisted the knife she plunged and bleed his aching heart, threatening to tear it apart. From that point on he saw her face every place that he walked in. He heard her voice every time he was talking. Her betrayal was haunting him, and it wasn't one to be ignored.

The guards of the estate had left thirty minutes after Ororo's arrival. Now was the time for Logan to make his move. He approached Ororo's front door to her home with hard determined steps. The thoughts of her violating the love that he had given ran through his mind, causing a vengeful glare to form in his eyes. His only relief was that finally seeing her would throw away all the pain that he was accustomed to living. And he was damn sure this time his presence would be the one to never be ignored.





You must login () to review.