Exhausted and half naked I came to one of the Hellfire clubs headquarters. I knew they wouldn’t let me see Sinister, until they made sure I wasn’t a spy. With Gambit’s memories still in my mind, I knew the right words to say to the guards, the right answers to the questions. They scanned me, both a physical scan and mental, which I allowed as I really didn’t care. I didn’t have any secrets. The headquarter was one of the highest towers in Manhattan. It rose like a shining pillar towards the sky, a finger pointing accusingly up. Inside it was as magnificent as it looked from the outside. I hardly took notice though as I was led towards an elevator. Two guards seemingly unarmed and dressed in suits escorted me. They smelled confident yet indifferent. Mutants I guessed with offensive powers. They had dressed me, in simple trousers and t-shirt before escorting me. The elevator took us down several levels. The facility insisted of chambers below ground, as widespread as the subways. I had passed the first checkup as I was allowed to this level. Here they had laboratories and it was Mr Sinister’s private levels. He wasn’t only the Black King of the Hellfire club, he was also a devoted scientist. A evil mad scientist, and I would let him make experiments on me to reach my goals. He knew of my intentions as the telepath who had scanned my mind must have told him. I knew he was eager to have his hands on a mutant with healing ability, and that’s why I was allowed to meet him, because I offered him my body. I started to feel uncomfortable being underground. I wasn’t claustrophobic, but I didn’t like it. I needed to feel the winds, see the sky and breathe fresh air. Here it smelled too much of all the people working here. I pushed aside my discomfort as I was led to a room. Dark glass covered the walls, the ceiling and floor was pristine white. The light was almost too bright. There was a table and two chairs, one was already occupied.
“That will be all. Leave us” It was one thing to know a man from memory, but I could hardly suppress a shiver when I heard that familiar velvety voice and met his scarlet eyes. Skin glossy white and raven hair. Mr Sinister hadn’t changed since Gambit first met him around forty years ago. He rose, and towered above me, movements fluid and graceful. He smiled, and it was the smile of a predator.
“James McCoy…or Howlet. The late Wolverines pup. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” He approached me. The jewel in his forehead glowing red. He held out his hand, and involuntary I bared my teeth, growling. He laughed, a cruel spark in his devil red eyes.
“Yes I can see the resemblance. Your father was in need of housetraining too.”
“My father is Hank McCoy, Sinister”
“Manners James, it’s all about manners. You are my guest, so abide by my rules. Now sit and tell me why you are here” He placed a cold hand on my shoulder, and reluctantly I let him lead me to the simple metal chair. Sinister seated himself in front of me. Putting his elbows on the stainless steel table he let his fingertips meet. He knew the answer, but I told him anyways.
“I need adamantium”
“Adamantium.” He nodded, a slow smile curving his lips.
“I see. What do you need this expensive and very hard to obtain metal for?”
The unease I had felt hadn’t gone away. The clinically clean and small room was suffocating.
“I need it to be like my...like Wolverine.” The words were hard to say, I felt bile raise in my throat but suppressed it. I needed claws of steel to hurt him. I needed to become like him to kill him. Sinister didn’t hide his mirth.
“And why would you want to become like your father James?”
“I want to kill him” This came out easily, hate and determination in my voice.
“How do you plan to kill a man that has been dead for the last twenty years?” His voice was almost too soft, alluring. If it wasn’t for Gambits memories of this man, I would have hard to believe what a ruthless man he really was. I didn’t answer. He laughed and shook his head.
“You interest me James. I give you that. So you want an adamantium skeleton, and somehow go back in time and kill your father? All this because he killed your mother, and got killed himself in the process. Is your life so horrible that you have tamper with time, risk everything and everyone you know for a simple revenge? Tell me James, weren’t you happy with Beast and that harlot he married?”
“Fuck you” My claws broke free from my knuckles. He had no right to talk that way about Cecilia. Sinister chuckled and waved his hand
“Easy there Jimmy. I am curious, that’s all. But I won’t badger you with pointless questions then. I see that you have made up your mind. Let’s get to the point, shall we? Why should I give you the adamantium?”
I paused, and he watched me in silence, the slight curve on his thin lips never fading.
“I have healing powers, like Wolverine, my body could handle the metal transfusion.”
He didn’t answer, but I felt his impatience. He was a businessman, and his question was what I could give him in return for the adamantium.
“I could be useful for you”
Silence met my words, and I had to fight to not start squirming in my seat. He had an unnerving gaze, yet I held it.
“I have ways of knowing peoples memories, all that they have experienced since they were conceived ‘till the moment I…taste their blood.” I felt chills traveling up my spine at these words. What kind of freak power was that? I had never heard of anyone having this kind of ability. Under different circumstances, I’d never use this. I would never hurt someone to get information. Even now, when I felt I had lost everything that meant to me, I felt sick knowing that Sinister probably would make me hurt someone if he wanted proof. But I tried to harden myself. Whatever he did, whatever I did, it was worth it. I need to kill that bastard before he hurt my mother.
“Interesting” was all that Essex said. His red eyes stared into mine for what seemed forever, before he drew back, placing his hands flat on the table.
“I need proof of course, and I see that Ms Darkholme comes just in time with the subject with whom you will prove your worth.”





You must login () to review.