I turned my head towards the door as it opened. A woman, definitely a woman, with indigo blue skin, and deep scarlet hair entered with a grace only a snake could compete with. A simple piece of white cloth, that contrasted with her skin, clung seductively to her curves. Leaving her hips and slender legs bare. It was clasped around her neck, and when she moved, it seemed to tease a viewer with glimpses of her ample breast and rounded back. I knew this woman. Every soul that had studied the X-men’s history knew her, and I knew her from Remy’s memories. It was memories that he never had shared with his wife. I felt a stirring within me, but suppressed it, guiltily when I recognized the feeling I always thought I could only feel for Bella. Her sulfur colored eyes were cold and calculating. The cherry red full lips slightly curved in a cruel smirk. She tugged the silvery chain that ended up in a collar around a small..female. She looked like a bad crossing between human and wolf. Reddish long fur covered her hunched form. Her face was more like a wolfs, the nose more a snout that twitched as she bared fangs in a growl. She didn’t wear any clothes, but thick fur covered her breasts and privates. She looked malnourished, the eyes belonged to a suffering animal. The creature growled but didn’t resist the tug that made her stumble forward.
“Looks like his whelp alright. So what can he do about her?” Mystique’s voice was like her body, dark and seductive.
“Why do you think the boy can succeed when your most powerful telepath pet failed?” she urged on, twisting the chain and forcing the werewoman to heel. Essex merely smiled. He didn’t say anything, didn’t give me the slightest indication of what I was supposed to do. But I knew. Pushing away my guilt, shame and any attempt to think this thru one more time I move forward to the crouching creature. My knuckles burn as I release my blades. She bared her fangs, drool dropping down the floor, but she didn’t shy away or tried to attack. A quick slash and blood came trickling along the thin red line across her throat. I didn’t need to kill her to get what I needed, what Essex wanted. I raised a blood stained claw to my mouth and tasted the drops. As before I fell into darkness. I really didn’t know what I was looking for in this womans memory, so I didn’t rush forward as with Bellas and Remy’s memories. Rahne Sinclair. She had been an x-men, been hunted and captured, lost loved ones and lost herself to her animal side. I had known about her. It was believed she was dead. There even was a memorial stone in the Genoshian graveyard to her. Her codename had been Wolfsbane. Her memories were filled with pain and grief and I felt it as it was my own. I don’t know how long it takes for me to absorb someones memories as I seem to pass out. I don’t know what happens to me while absorb their life prior to when I taste their blood. When I woke up I was still in that small white room. Sinister was standing, seemingly at ease and looking, not at me but at Mystique with that small secretive smile. Mystique still had that chain wrapped tightly in her hands, a frown on her forehead.
“He is conscious now” a low raspy voice belonging to a small form wrapped in a dark cloak said. I felt dizzy and nauseous. The stranger moved forward and lifted his cowl. Impossibly huge eyes bore into me, held me fast and I could not escape when his eyes seemed to invade me. My senses was filled of him as he forced his way into my mind.. If I ever had thought Xavier’s mind probes made me uneasy it was nothing compared to this mind rape.
“What did he find?” Mystique sounded impatient, maybe even a bit worried I couldn’t tell.
“Whatever he found, it’s my business and I will inform you if I think it’s necessary.” Sinisters tone was as smooth as ever. What was going on between them? I could not concentrate on that. Mentally and physically I tried to break away from the strangers eyes, but he rummaged through my head, silent and still. The room fell quite and I don’t know how long I lay on the spotless floor while the stranger violated my mind. Finally Sinister sighed. A content sound
“Ah there it is, the answer I was searching. Thank you James.” The strangers presence withdrew and I took a shaky long breath. Breathing hard, my body was shaking. I tried to stand up. Only by willpower did I managed to push myself up and stay up.
“Kill the poor creature. She has outlived her usefulness” My scream of protest was blended with Mystiques. Essex laughed, a cruel cold laugh and Mystique took a step back, apparently horrified and surprised at her own outburst. The stranger turned his huge shining eyes on Rahne and she gave up a scream only a wounded wolf might give, before collapsing. Her body transformed, the form dissapperaring to show pale skin and a much smaller woman. Beautiful but tortured. Her eyes were green but the light of the living faded until it was gone forever. Mystique dropped the chain. I could only look at the woman, not knowing what I felt.
“Your taste suprises me Raven, but fear not I am sure there will be more odd creatures that will fill her role as your lover. If there only was time.” Then things moved at a mad pace. Mystique turned to run, when something hit her and she fell hard down the floor screaming. I turned to look at Sinister, he was holding a silencer, still smoking from the release. He walked calmly to the writhing woman and kicked her around so she came laying on her back. Her sulfur eyes burning with hatred she spit at him.
“Silly whore. How long did you think you could continue to double cross me? I always had my doubts about you, but now I got the proof, and I will get the answer on who you really are working for.” She kicked hard at him, attempted to and attempted to rise up, but her movements came to an halt as the stranger turned his gaze on her. She was frozen with one leg arched up and a hand against the floor.
“Keep her head animated. James, come closer” I obeyed without thinking, still numb as Mystique trashed with her head.
“You will regret this” she spat at him. He merely smiled and raised the silencer to point at her head. Firing, the gun made a soft sound and the spotless floor was spread with blood and brain matter. I wanted to throw up. My knees gave away and the pain jarred my body as I fell down next to the limp woman.
“..much blood do you need?” I looked up at sinister, finally registering he was talking to me. I shook my head. It was too much. I couldn’t do this! Cold hands clamped around my neck and I was pushed down, face first into Mystique’s body, he pressed my face down the shot wound on her shoulder. The scent of blood and death was too strong. I got it smeared on my face.
“We have a deal boy. Do you wish to end up like her? If a small task like this makes you hesitate, how can you possibly think you have a chance of even scratching Wolverine?” The contempt in his voice was ill masked, and ignited the fury within me. I was going to kill wolverine. I was. I forced myself to lick at the wound, quick so I couldn’t get second thoughts, and for the second time this day I passed out into darkness.





You must login () to review.