I am falling. There is screaming sound in my ears as I fall heedlessly down in a spiral that is nauseating. How far am I falling? I don’t know. I will not survive it. I just know that. Not even my healing factor could help me survive this fall. It is like someone plunged me from the sky letting me fall to the ground. I think I am screaming, a sound that is drenched by the screaming in my ears. Then suddenly everything stops. Slowly I begin to regain my senses. I am laying face down. I can feel grass tickling my face. It hurts and I stifle a groan as I begin to feel my limbs. I move my fingers, caressing the soft grass. I begin to hear sounds. Bird chirping nearby, winds rustling leaves. My eyes hurt as I open them and I shut them again. Painfully I turn on my back, just laying for a while to let my senses catch up. I open my eyes again, blinking at a setting sun. Thin clouds marks the darkening sky. Where am I? With slow movements I sit up, trying to get my bearing. It is summer, late summer perhaps. I am in a grove, where a few trees grow and the ground is covered by tall grass and a few rocks. Is this the place where my parents, my adoptive parents had their house? In theory the time machine would send me to the exact place where it self was standing. I can’t recognize my surroundings.

I stand up and begin to move first in a slow circle. Looking at the horizon I could see no familiar sightings. If this was Genosha, and where Hank and Cecilia’s house would be, I would be able to see the Academy from here and the majors building on a hill. I could see the hill, where trees grow, but no building. How far back had it sent me? God why am I hurting so much? I raise my hand to my face, feeling wetness. Blood. I look at my fingers, raise them to my lips but hesitates and let my hand fall down. I don’t want to absorb whoever’s blood that is covering me. No more. I only had one more to kill. If he was here. I push aside the pain and my tiredness and began to move. I do recognize some things. An odd twisted tree, younger now but in which Bella and I used to climb on when we where children.
The pond where uncle Bobby used to teach me and Johnny fishing and turned into solid ice in the summer so us children could skate. Suddenly, while I am walking slowly through a dense ticket of tall bushes I hear sounds of people. I stop, dead in my tracks. As my hearing is enhanced they are too far away to notice me or hear me. Women’s and men’s voices. There is a lot of noises, I strain my hearing to try catching what they say.

“Scott darling, it’s getting late. Let’s wrap up and head back to the mansion” Was that Emma Frost?
“There is enough light yet. If Piotr can stop checking out Kitty he could put the roof on.” Laughter drifted towards me, and can’t stop myself from smiling.
“We need to see if the structure is strong enough for the roof Rogue. I would hate to see the entire thing collapse if the roof is too heavy for it.”
I recognized dad’s voice and had to close my eyes hard when tears threaten to fall.
“As if you an Forge haven’t made all the calculations for everything beforehand”
“Emma is right Rogue. It’s getting late. We’ll continue tomorrow. We have finished six buildings this day, which is a feat even for us. We need to rest.”
I knew now how far back in time I was. Thirty years back when they had begun to build up Genosha again. They were still the X-men. Fighting for mutant and human rights but lending aid to build Genosha when it was hit by the sentinels. I push aside a few branches and halted as I saw the destruction spreading out. I have seen it in footages, but it was nothing compared to being here. Blackened broken buildings, deep crates that told of the wounded earth. But there were new houses being built and grass and other vegetation growth. It was an odd sight seeing both destruction and rebuilding.
“Yank it mississippi. Slim need his “rest”, and by the look of it, so does gumbo.” I freeze on the spot. Recognizing the dark growling voice. Both from distant memories and from footages. Once it had been a voice that had comforted me. I can almost hear a soft lullaby sung by that voice that had put me into an easy sleep.
“Speak for yourself mon ami. It wasn’t me panting like a fish on dry land after carrying a few twigs” I choke back tears at Mr. LeBeau’s voice. No I would not fell any tears. He would live, they would all live and be happy after I’ve killed the threat among them. Fath…no Wolverine growls something lost to me as the others begins to move. My heart starts pounding when a tall slender woman approach him. I wish I was closer so I could take in her scent. She was so beautiful. I’m not close enough to see her features clearly, but I know who she is. That stark white hair marked her clearly even at this distant.
“How ya holding up ‘Ro?” Wolverines tone is soft. I can’t suppress a growl as he circled her waist with his heavy arm. I want to rush up there and then and force him away from her. He didn’t deserve anyone as beautiful and pure as her!
“I am fine Logan. It is much work to be done yet, but it is fulfilling. One day soon, mutants can live here in peace. At least we can hope for it.” Her soft voice is carried to me, and I feel the tears burning on my cheeks. Wolverine says something lost to me. I wish he could go away so I can have her, my mother for myself. But she moves away after giving him a kiss. So they were dating this early? Logan stays a few heartbeats before he turns and walk.

I sink back and contemplates what I should do. How can I get wolverine and when? The time machine hadn’t followed me, and I could not go back to my own time after I’ve done what I came to do. Another thing is bothering me. This is thirty years back in time, a good ten years before I was conceived. I would cease to exist in my timeline when I killed Wolverine. But that prize is worth to pay for my mother to live and the others to be happy. I will not allow myself to think of the things I would miss, so I push aside thoughts on Bella, on Hank and Cecilia and rise up. I tense suddenly when a presence make itself know to me. Startled I turn around and meet my sire face to face.
“Well son, ya gonna tell me what ur doing spying on us by yerself or have I ta force it out of ya?” Six claws of cold steel erupt from the skin between his knuckles and I meet the steel gray eyes of my mothers killer.





You must login () to review.