I know that wolverine isn’t a tall person, but still, it surprises me that I am at least a head taller than him. What did my mother see in him? I stand motionless. His brows furrows. Something about me takes him off guard. Did he recognize himself in me?

“Yer sick boy. What happened ta ya?” Sick? No I don’t feel good. The pain and nausea is still strong in me. He can probably smell it. There is a glimmer of pity in his voice and I can detect it in his scent. He is calming down and it dawns on me that he doesn’t see me as a threat. Anger envelops me, and I welcome it even if I know that I needed my head clear of emotions when fighting. But I can’t stand the pity in his voice. Without thinking I throw my self at him. He is surprised, I sense it, but he caught himself quickly direct a heavy punch at me that I barely managed to avoid. My body is aching and I feel blood running down my face. Shouldn’t it have coagulated by now?

“Yer not in shape ta fight son. Ya need to go to the hospital.” I spin and kick hard at him. He dodged it. I bare my teeth in a growl. He reeked sympathy. I release my blades never taking my eyes from him. A low growl escapes him and his eyes flashes over the blades back up to my face. His mouth twists in distaste, loathing.

“Who are ya? Ya some kind of fucked up experiment from Weapon X? a failed clone?”
Hate burns through me like white hot fire. I advance upon him, not thinking, not caring as long as I hurt him, as long as I could kill him. I Force the winds to my command. The trees surrounding us where whipped in frenzy. I can not keep it up long, my control over the weather is very limited and I have to fight hard to create hard winds that never could come even close in strength to my mothers hurricane storms.

“You killed my mother!” It infuriates me that he would think I was a clone of him. Couldn’t he see who I am? The satisfaction I felt when my claws rips trough his flesh is momentarily. I attack again and again and again, my fury increases as he does not fight back, just dodges. I managed a strong enough wind to slam him back against a tree. He grunts and twists away before I could throw myself at him. My blades cut a new wound on his arm. He grunts, but other than that I can’t see that I’ve slowed him down, or even tierd him. My strength is rapidly failing. I have to make this quick. I have to kill him. The winds die abruptly, easing back to the mild whiffs that hardly stir’s the leaves of the trees surrounding us. I don’t have strength enough to call for stronger winds.

“Calm down son. I dunno what yer talking ‘bout. I haven’t killed…” He wipes blood from his brow.
“SHUT UP” I shout and again I attack
“Shut up, shut up shutupshutupshutup. You killed my mother. Die you bastard die” I trip and fall, crying with rage and sorrow. Why can’t he just die? Why? I sense him crouching down to me, reeking of sympathy, concern and confusion. He has no right to feel concern of me. I can’t accept that from my mothers killer. I force away my tiredness, finding strength enough to strike out. I hear a fierce growl from him, before his fist rush down and darkness engulf me.


-------


When I wake up, I’m not sure where I am. A familiar face is hovering above me. The yellow cat eyes framed by dark blue fur, and that heavy comforting paw that wipes my brow.
“Dad…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to” He is surprised, I see that by the widening of his eyes and by the scent.

“It is all right son. Go back to sleep” I want to say more, but at that deep reassuring voice I was eased into sleep..

I catch snippets of conversation as I hover between consciousness and sleep.


-------


“Who is he?” I hear the voices faintly, like from a great distance, but they are standing beside me. I tried to fight my tiredness and pain, the nausea. I want to shout to Xavier and my dad, ask them to forgive me and ask about Bella, but not a sound escape my lips. I can’t even warn them for the killer that was with them beside me.

“I don’t know Logan. Didn’t he tell you?”

“No, all he said was that I killed his mother. But that’s impossible. How old can he be? Twenty? I haven’t…Why don’t ya know Chuck? Can’t ya see in his mind?”

“No I can’t. He seems to be shielded from telepathy somehow.”

“The scan shows a chip in his temple, that could be it. Do you think I should remove it? It should be safe. It doesn’t go deep”

“No Hank Let us wait until he wakes up. He won’t be well enough to do us any harm. have you found out what he is suffering from?”

“Is he a clone?” my mothers killer cuts in, and despite my state I can hear the disgust in his voice. I want to rip his throat out.

“I’m not sure Logan. He has striking resemblance to you. I don’t just mean the claws and adamantium, but he has a healing factor that should be able to heal him. I don’t know why it isn’t working. I need to do more tests. The treatment doesn’t seem to work. I’m afraid he’s getting worse.”

“What ya mean? Is he gonna die?” What was worse? His concern or his contempt? It burns through me nevertheless.

“It is possible”

I can’t process all that I hear. My mind and body is on fire. I am relieved when I fall into a dreamless sleep and can escape from the pain

.
-------


“James. I know you can hear me. Wake up boy” There is a jolt in my brain and I wake up, with a scream. It’s dark around me and I am alone in the ward. I’m still weak, still in pain and I can’t raise up or turn my head to look at whoever was speaking to me. I can’t see. My eyes are open, I know this, but all that is around me is darkness. I should at least see some lights from displays that were on the med devices around here. I can’t hear sounds either. Perhaps I’m dreaming.

“There I see you are awake. Splendid. Now let me introduce myself. But I’m positive you know who I am, even though I haven’t met you yet. I am Nathaniel Essex. Mr Sinister as I sometimes goes by.” Sinister? I feel cold suddenly. I clench my teeth to stop them from clattering. I recognized his voice. Where is he? How did he find me? No I must be dreaming this.

“Don’t bother trying to see me. I am talking to you via the chip my future self implanted in your head. It’s a comfort that I’m still clever in the future. Now boy. I know all about the deal you have made, and I have to congratulate you on your success. So let me now tell you about the second part of the deal.”





You must login () to review.