I don’t know how Sinister can hear me. My lips move but I can’t hear my own voice.

“What are you talking about? I haven’t killed him, that was the deal. The only deal you sick fuck! I’ve paid you” I hear his cold laughter in my head and my shivering increases

“No you haven’t…yet. But let me come back to that. I have a more pressing matter James. You are dying”

There is no regret in his voice, nor glee. He was laying down fact like a computer might. I don’t know what to answer. My mind is numb. Dying? I had been prepared to pay that prize. I had no way to get back to my own time. I can’t build a time machine without dad’s notes. But I couldn’t die yet. Not until I’ve killed Wolverine.

“You see boy. In many ways you are your parents whelp. I am sure you know that your powers over the weather was next to nothing compared to your mother. Didn’t it occur to you that you were in similar way inferior to your father? That healing factor of yours for instance. You haven’t really tried it to the extreme have you? Cuts and bruises it heals but what about more serious injuries? What about poisoning? Like that caused by adamantium?”

I close my eyes but see no difference. It was still pitch dark around me. What is he talking about? I was in no way inferior to wolverine. I had studied his fighting style. I could take him. I can kill him. I won’t die yet.

“Your body can not heal you. It is fighting against the poisoning and if it wasn’t for your limited ability to heal, you would have died far sooner. It is however fighting a loosing battle. The strain you have put yourself through, by the travel and fighting was too much. The chip in your temple does not only let me speak to you James, it enables me to monitor your body from where I am. You haven’t got much time left. I’d guess by the readings maybe twenty minutes if I stretch it.” He sounded like Professor Guthrie in my history class that enjoyed the subject far more than the student’s did.

“You knew this” I growl before I can stop my self. He laughs

“My future self knew, yes of course. I am a genetic scientist after all James. And by what I know about you, so should you. Now to the second part of the deal. I can save you.”
I open my eyes again, to darkness. My heart is pounding erratic and it feels like it’s pumping ice through my veins. Sinister stays silent, waiting for my question. I don’t want to ask him, but can’t stop myself.

“How? Why?” even if I can’t hear my voice, he picked up my suspicion and laughed again, mirthless.

“How? By giving you an antidote. I must say that the future looks very bright that they have invented things that makes nanotechnology look like something a toddler found out. My future self has sent me enough of the antidote, that I can give you from my remote location. It will allow you to recover enough of your health until my agents arrive to pick you up and bring you to me. I will have more of the antidote manufactured when you arrive and you will be given a dose a day that will keep you alive as long as you stay in my service. As to why. You have talents that I have use for my boy. Talents I can hone to perfection.”

“Fuck you. I have done my part you son of a bitch! You lied to me, you didn’t upheld your end of the deal. I have paid!”

“Ah James, James , James.” He sighs like he was explaining the simplest thing to a child

“The deal you made with my future self was that I’d give you the adamantium, no more no less. You should have known your body was too weak to handle it. And it amazes me how you managed to fool yourself that you, a whelp that barely have learned to walk could kill Wolverine. A man that has centuries of experience as a killer. Not just any killer, but the best of assassins. It amuses me now, and will of course amuse me in the future, enough to let you try this folly.”

It’s hard to breathe. I don’t know if it’s the rage that suffocates me or if it my body responding to the poisoning.

“Time is running. I will make this short and you have to make your decision. As I said I will know in the future that you don’t have a shadow of a chance to kill your father, so I in my kindness decided to help you. I once again will marvel at the wonders that the future beholds. In your body there is a poison, not detectable by any means we have now in this age. I had it made especially for your father as I had access to his genetic code. This poison or …virus, yes I guess you could call it that. It evolves slowly and undetectably it will spread in his body. His healing factor won’t see it as a threat, infact this intelligent virus will fool his body to think it is a natural part of his genetic code. So for instance if your father will be fatally injured, drenched of all his blood and burned to charcoal so that he has to heal from scratch, the virus would be recreated. Now to the juicy part James. When the virus has evolved to a certain point, it will stuck. Fast and without warning.”

I’m not sure I’m breathing even if I fight to do that. My mind is screaming something, it’s if I have claws in my brain that tear everything. Rips me apart. I wan’t to scream. I’m no longer feeling the body’s pain. It was nothing, nothing compared to the hell I in my mind stepped into as I fought against the slow realization of what I..no Sinister had done.

“Do you see where I’m headed my boy? See? You have killed your father, but not in the way perhaps that you intended. It will take time. My guess…ten years from now. It will cause him to go mad, unlock the raging beast within him that has been trapped by himself and those around him. It will break the chains and this beast won’t know friend from foe, hate from love. It will be in pain and lash out to anyone unfortunate to be in his way.”

I scream then. Never ending, I can’t hear my voice. The pain and cold is racking my body. I scream and force my hands up, claws out and tear at my face.

“James” He laughs while I tear at my own flesh

“You should have listened to them that told you that my prizes are higher than one expects boy. You made a deal without specifying it. You did not tell me that you wanted your mother to live for instance, just that you wanted to kill your father, but not how and not how fast. Ah…I talked too much. The time for the antidote has passed. A pity… I could have had use for you. Enjoy your last minutes of life James”

I don’t know if he left me,. But I don’t hear him. The darkness turns red and I can hear my voice screaming , can hear my claws rip into my flesh. Death couldn’t come quick enough, not painful enough. There is shouting and running and suddenly I have a presence in my mind. I want to show It away but instead I open my mind and sucked the presence in. Holds on to it. I’m feeling my life slipping away and holds on to the presence lets it see all that I was, all that I would not be.





You must login () to review.